Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee Utd Away 29/9/18
(09-29-2018, 05:12 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Scorching result. McKay will be buzzin and it was coming in last few weeks. Hopefully he will kick on and be the new Boycey. He has been doin a lot of the deeper stuff just like boycey did. Maybe a 20 goal season.
Must have been a craker to watch

Remember where you heard that 1st ;-)

Is this the start of Billy Mckays 20 goal season Jamie?I

(09-29-2018, 08:36 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Is this the start of Billy Mckays 20 goal season Jamie?I

Definitely. He's on 6 for the season, so only another 14 to go. Maybe he'll be at 20 before Christmas! ;-)

Today was the stuff that dreams are made of!!! Other than the odd blip along the way, I really can’t envisage anything other than County winning the league by 10+ points. Fergie & Ketts are learning quickly. Top marks to uncle Roy for backing them ... where would we be without him? COYS

I like most people was not expecting that McKay and Mullin works others will have to wait for there chance I was hearing that Midge could be out for 4 to 6 weeks

Well that was fun, some life lessons handed out to a very poor Dundee United side (who had clearly stopped playing for their manager)
Cracking little quick free kick by Vigurs set Mullin (who was unstoppable all day) away down the right, who crossed for Mckay to bundle in for the 1st goal- indeed 3 of the other 4 goals came from a low cross from 1 of those 2 being finished off by the other. In truth it could easily have been more, although understandably the tempo of the game dropped off significantly in the last half hour
Almost felt a bit sorry for CuzDog and Murdoch (getting put on at 5-1 down can't be pleasant)- both decent lads but surrounded by an absolute rabble (only almost, mind- Murdoch was sent off less than 5 minutes after coming on)
Pleased for Kelly getting on the scoresheet, solid afternoon's work for him linking up with DKD on the left (although it would be churlish IMO to complain about any player when we've won 5-1)
Another tricky away game next week- hopefully build on this result (although would add the caveat that we're unlikely to play a team as obviously disinterested and disheartened as United were yesterday for a while)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Alan Archibald & assistant were sitting along from me when I was in the Jerry Kerr stand for first half. They'll have seen some good stuff from County but also a fairly poor initial first 10 minutes, I thought. A few easy goals (including United's one) soon changed that of course. I expect Partick to try to batter us for the first quarter.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(09-30-2018, 03:52 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Alan Archibald & assistant were sitting along from me when I was in the Jerry Kerr stand for first half. They'll have seen some good stuff from County but also a fairly poor initial first 10 minutes, I thought. A few easy goals (including United's one) soon changed that of course. I expect Partick to try to batter us for the first quarter.

I’m reminded of the game against Dundee under Coyle, when County scored 4 goals but not one of them was through County’s good play. It gave a completely wrong impression of the team. I doubt any other team in the division would concede the first goal, but a couple of them did come through County getting the ball wide and playing triangles.

By all accounts, though, Partick don’t have much at full back, which makes me optimistic of a win. DKD really does have a chance to shine in this team if Gardyne’s out for a while, but I feel the managers might try and shoehorn Cowie into the XI.

Draper bullying folk, Vigurs switching it wide and Lindsay as the box to box guy has it all in central midfield.

Superb result and great to see Billy start scoring. Boyce used to be a bit slow at the start of a season too, so you never know!

(09-30-2018, 06:45 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: ...
Draper bullying folk, Vigurs switching it wide and Lindsay as the box to box guy has it all in central midfield.

I agree but Draper has to be more careful not to collect bookings.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Great result and some good football. Like others not wanting to be churlish but I am concerned at the space DU forwards were getting in the middle of our defence. First for their goal forward falls away from Morris (I think) who isn't aware and was telling the RB to mark him when the RB had another forward outside him then Morris (again I think video quality not great) outjumped by forward who was behind him. Otherwise some great play up front with the ball on the deck.

(09-30-2018, 06:45 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I’m reminded of the game against Dundee under Coyle, when County scored 4 goals but not one of them was through County’s good play. It gave a completely wrong impression of the team. I doubt any other team in the division would concede the first goal, but a couple of them did come through County getting the ball wide and playing triangles.

By all accounts, though, Partick don’t have much at full back, which makes me optimistic of a win. DKD really does have a chance to shine in this team if Gardyne’s out for a while, but I feel the managers might try and shoehorn Cowie into the XI.

https://youtu.be/XXKGwIQD-es
Have a look at the Dundee game, the first and third goals were down to County's good play!