Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Atmosphere tomorrow.
If I had any money, maybe there's a sponsor out there who does, I'd sponsor a singing/band section. They would get half price season tickets, I'd pay the other half. I'd insist they were positioned at the centre of the jailend behind the goal.

Anyone sitting there at the moment is welcome to join in obviously, if not I would ask them to move for the good of our club. If they're not willing to move then have they got our clubs best interest at heart?

To make there transition of about 15-20 seats to the left or right an easier one, I would also subsidise their season tickets for a season!

I would review this at the end of every season and encourage section ticket holders to let me know if people weren't joining in. Sing for your supper kind of deal!!

All we need now is for me to win the lottery!!!

The atmosphere at Victoria park has been a long standing topic of discussion, and one response I always give to people who moan about it is - di you try to start the singing?
All too often people turn up wanting to hear others make the noise - it's everyones responsibility.

To point out a few things, the atmosphere could be terrible when we had the terracing too, just that on the odd occasion we had a big game it could also be terrific - we rarely get it terrific anymore.

As for the seats, it certainly has killed off what atmosphere we did get.
The reason for not putting it back to terrace is obviously cost - but a simple no cost solution would be to make the seating in the Jailend unreserved - allowing fans to sit where they want.
Over time areas would evolve into more vocal sections, and if people didn't like it they could move, and as a result we wouldn't get people moaning about noise.

I know the club have said in the past that they need to know who sits in what seat, this is just an excuse IMO, because you or me could walk up and buy a ticket and the cabin and they don't ask your name!

(09-25-2018, 01:13 PM)thejailender Wrote: The atmosphere at Victoria park has been a long standing topic of discussion, and one response I always give to people who moan about it is - di you try to start the singing?
All too often people turn up wanting to hear others make the noise - it's everyones responsibility.

To point out a few things, the atmosphere could be terrible when we had the terracing too, just that on the odd occasion we had a big game it could also be terrific - we rarely get it terrific anymore.

As for the seats, it certainly has killed off what atmosphere we did get.
The reason for not putting it back to terrace is obviously cost - but a simple no cost solution would be to make the seating in the Jailend unreserved - allowing fans to sit where they want.
Over time areas would evolve into more vocal sections, and if people didn't like it they could move, and as a result we wouldn't get people moaning about noise.

I know the club have said in the past that they need to know who sits in what seat, this is just an excuse IMO, because you or me could walk up and buy a ticket and the cabin and they don't ask your name!

Good post,not just a pretty spanner are you?
And not forgetting Jamie, good post , thoughts of the club are excellent.
Keep up the pressure guys, no, not tyre pressure.

Apologies Jailender, that reply was directed at Tattiedave & Jamie., for some reason I got the post mixed up.
Yo7 are all correct, we need change in the Jailend.

Bit late to jump on the band wagon, but there was no lack of effort from the young guys in the corner to get a chant going. The problem was no one in the stadium wanted to associate themselves with them and therefore it fell on deaf ears. Bit of a shame really, given the decent crowd there was potential for a great atmosphere.

Not sure I wholeheartedly agree that it's the teams responsibility to gee up the crowd, either. I presume we're all there to support the team, and I'd argue that it's as much the supporters responsibility to give the players a lift when things aren't going too well on the pitch. Works both ways, IMO.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

I think people are distancing themselves from the morons with the smoke bombs. No need....

Get the songs and drums only and you will take others with u. Leave the other shenanigans to those from the wrong side of the bridge. They have form. We are different.

And better than that

(09-23-2018, 08:34 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: If that's the case... Supporters among the culprits will know who they are. Get them identified instead of letting innocent people get ejected. Blame them, not the police.

So if a crime is committed on the street,arrest everyone on the street ?