Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Atmosphere tomorrow.
I am just wondering if there’s going to be a singing section for the game tomorrow or not? I know we’re not an atmospheric club but occasionally make an effort for highland derbys. If so what chants are going in the song book?

We want 5! Hopefully

Speaking as one of the older generation and quiet ones in the East Stand Extension, I hope the drummer, the piper and lots of people turn up for the singing section. It does make a difference and I'm sure it lifts the players.

I can't believe it but apparently there are some people in the Jail End who complain about the noise. Get them to move to the West Stand , or hand out free ear muffs. One of the best things about going to a football match is the noise, which is sadly lacking in DIngwall and now we're in the "second division" we don't get any opposition fans to give more atmosphere.

Get behind the team.

(09-21-2018, 03:46 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Speaking as one of the older generation and quiet ones in the East Stand Extension, I hope the drummer, the piper and lots of people turn up for the singing section. It does make a difference and I'm sure it lifts the players.

I can't believe it but apparently there are some people in the Jail End who complain about the noise. Get them to move to the West Stand , or hand out free ear muffs. One of the best things about going to a football match is the noise, which is sadly lacking in DIngwall and now we're in the "second division" we don't get any opposition fans to give more atmosphere.

Get behind the team.

Because pleading for standing in jail end being ignored the jailend was decimated
Everybody scattered some in east stand , get standing back in jail end and troops will,return to lift stmosphere

(09-21-2018, 05:58 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Because pleading for standing in jail end being ignored the jailend was decimated
Everybody scattered some in east stand , get standing back in jail end and troops will,return to lift stmosphere

Yeah, if the jailend had a standing section (or was back to all standing) I'd have got my season ticket in there. As it is, I get a nice view from the East Stand!

Reports saying that police were heavy handed because of the flare ,ejected fans and searched them when they had no involvement in incident.
This had a huge factor in the singing section,made them quiet

(09-23-2018, 01:15 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Reports saying that police were heavy handed because of the flare ,ejected fans and searched them when they had no involvement in incident.

If that's the case... Supporters among the culprits will know who they are. Get them identified instead of letting innocent people get ejected. Blame them, not the police.

(09-23-2018, 01:15 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Reports saying that police were heavy handed because of the flare ,ejected fans and searched them when they had no involvement in incident.

Yet another reason to ban these mindless idiots. Other folk are not only
At risk of getting hurt, but also getting caught up with the law.

I was standing right next to the young team in the corner, wasn't part of the group but there were numerous complaints from our own fans about them being "too noisy".
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(09-23-2018, 08:40 AM)Despot Wrote: I was standing right next to the young team in the corner, wasn't part of the group but there were numerous complaints from our own fans about them being "too noisy".

I doubt this. Too high pitched maybe.

(09-23-2018, 08:44 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: I doubt this. Too high pitched maybe.

From what I could tell, it was a few older gentlemen a block or two over from me, one repeatedly gave the young team glares every time they started a chant.

Come on Despot surely you recognise the symptoms - lack of atmosphere - folk leaving early - could be the dreaded Brady virus.

(09-23-2018, 12:54 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Come on Despot surely you recognise the symptoms - lack of atmosphere - folk leaving early - could be the dreaded Brady virus.

Agree no atmosphere now , remember how Ritchie would lead team to jail end before match acknowledging jailendees County have to do something it’s dead no atmosphere and yesterday ultimate insult out sung by dumpers ,
I’m an old mannie in weststand shouting my lungs out all around so quiet County supporters Really are you supporters, lots of chat on here but the players need to know we are in stadium ,
And as for whoever took over from Len please don’t chew the mike , immpossible to make out at times Bring back Len
Make yourselves heard remove seating from jail end before its too late support falling away bad news monetary wise No meetings now to put point of view over

(09-23-2018, 10:25 AM)Despot Wrote: From what I could tell, it was a few older gentlemen a block or two over from me, one repeatedly gave the young team glares every time they started a chant.

What were they chanting? Did it deviate from "County." <Clap> <Clap> <Clap> ?

(09-23-2018, 01:51 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Agree no atmosphere now , remember how Ritchie would lead team to jail end before match acknowledging jailendees County have to do something it’s dead no atmosphere and yesterday ultimate insult out sung by dumpers ,
I’m an old mannie in weststand shouting my lungs out all around so quiet County supporters Really are you supporters, lots of chat on here but the players need to know we are in stadium ,
And as for whoever took over from Len please don’t chew the mike , immpossible to make out at times Bring back Len
Make yourselves heard remove seating from jail end before its too late support falling away bad news monetary wise No meetings now to put point of view over

Great spirit Buff.
I wish there was a thousand more like you.
Not talking about the Len part.
Yes, we really do need to ramp up the volume, there should be no shame in shouting to encourage your team, and for the life of me I do not understand why supporters get glares from others, or turn down the volume, are they serious?
We really do need a team of supporters in the Jailend singing and backing the players.
Get the seats out, get the young team in behind the goals, the "Old Fogies" can move to the left or right of them, or take a seat in the West/East Stand.
(ok I hear it, why should we move, take it your point)
Buff , you will remember back in the day, when we did have a support like that, right behind the goals singing and backing the team.
Aye, and there was none of the daft flare throwing in them days.
If anyone thinks that is acceptable, just look at the scorch marks it made on the grass, that could be someone's head or body burnt.
Having said that, Kilmarnock dealt with a flare yesterday, they appeared to have some advanced dousing bag that killed the flame instantly.
Our security had to use a bucket and shovel.
And you are correct Buff, out sung by them, they have that part organised, just a pity about the feral children running around the station and streets before and after the game making a complete and utter prat of themselves, most of them should have been in bed by 1700, shame on the adults that bought and supplied them with alcohol.
Mind you Police Scotland's finest did apprehend one "Gobby" female supporter at the railway station, despite being give several warnings she continued to mouth off, mouth off cuffs on.

"What a $hitey home support"

Caught myself signing along with the Caley fans with that one!

I've seen a better atmosphere at a funeral.

And it's been like that LONG before the seats went in (they didn't help though)

(09-24-2018, 08:24 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: What were they chanting? Did it deviate from "County." <Clap> <Clap> <Clap> ?

They had a few numbers- one about Charlie Christie which was a bit much but the rest was out of the standard playbook.

(09-24-2018, 01:19 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: "What a $hitey home support"

Caught myself signing along with the Caley fans with that one!

I've seen a better atmosphere at a funeral.

Needed the team to give us something to shout about Jamie. I joined in when a chant filtered into the East Stand,but it quickly disappeared.some people are just too shan about singing/chanting at a home game,but away games they seem to lose their inhibitions,and join in.

(09-24-2018, 08:39 PM)tattiedave Wrote: but away games they seem to lose their inhibitions,and join in.

David Siegel made a comment about this before our final home game of the 08/09 season, he had been down in Airdrie with us the week before and couldn't believe the noise that was made (not that it made any difference as we were beat) . His idea was to get a few crates dispersed in the Jailend so fans could find their voices for the fixture with Livingston.

It does have an element of truth, not many home grounds now in the UK where the home atmosphere is particularly strong. Away fans tend to lead the way with singing etc and this is usually down to them being able to have a bevy whilst travelling.