Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Isn't there an interesting game this weekend?
Mullin's the quickest player we have, he absolutely has to start.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I don’t care if it’s 1-0 or 100-0 as long as we win

(09-20-2018, 06:51 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Let's keep our neighbours quiet.
Tell them we’ve re-signed Liam Boyce and they’ll keech their pants

(09-20-2018, 09:04 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I don’t care if it’s 1-0 or 100-0 as long as we win

I’d prefer 100-0, and I care a great deal about that.

(09-21-2018, 09:55 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I’d prefer 100-0, and I care a great deal about that.

Excellent Big Grin

I'm expecting a score draw tomorrow.

The season starts here. Home win, 3-1. Guaranteed an ICT sending-off

^^^ I'd settle for this, ict are an attacking team, I can see us picking them off and getting a couple of goals in the first half, then a third to finish them off from Vigurs or McKay.

Or we might get beat, by free-scoring C-T.
If we win I think it will take 90 minutes + - No stroll.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Caley are scoring goals for fun while their defence looks weak. I'm still not 100% convinced our defence is that tight at the minute either way.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Both teams to score should be a fairly safe bet today, and over 2.5 goals too probably. I'd even be tempted to take a punt on over 4.5.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Game not even kicked off and one idiot has already set off a smokebomb.

What a plonker!!!!

2018 and folk still getting upset over bloody smoke bombs.

Another team change which was rather odd.

In dire need of a striker.

(09-22-2018, 05:06 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: 2018 and folk still getting upset over bloody smoke bombs.

Another team change which was rather odd.

In dire need of a striker.

No wonder I'm annoyed about it.

Club will now be hit with a fine by the ruling body plus when that Muppet threw the smoke bomb they could quite easily have hit someone and done them some form of injury.

Behaviour like that tarnishes the good name of the club and also the fans. And it has no place in football.

Shocking first half, half pased and half arsed. We made them look far better than they were. Scott Fox made 3 or four top top saves all before half time.

Far more urgency in the second half and we started to make more than three consecutive passes to team mates. Our possession and dominance took effect once subs came on and formation changed. We could and should have scored in the second half but we were lucky to be in at 0-0 at ht.

Imo definitely an opportunity missed, they'll be delighted with the point. Ferg and Kets got their game plan wrong today, hopefully they'll learn from it.

(09-22-2018, 12:08 PM)Spain Wrote: Both teams to score should be a fairly safe bet today, and over 2.5 goals too probably. I'd even be tempted to take a punt on over 4.5.

Rodney, you plonker!!

Whichever of the 2 co-managers made that decision to start with that line up needs to have their decision making privileges revoked.

No width in the first half with Cowie constantly drifting into the center, I lost track the number of times there was space on the right which was begging to be used but went by as Cowie had drifted into far. Draper was too slow in the deep role, often facing his own goal when receiving the ball. Caley pressed well in midfield and should have taken the lead in the 1st half and the start of the second half it looked more the same.

Thankfully County made the most obvious change (obvious cause I called it 10 mins before it happened, and if I can see it then it's blatantly obvious to anyone) and swapped Vigurs for Draper and Mullin came on for Cowie. We now had someone who was giving width to the right and Vigurs was able to control a lot more of our possession and almost direct our attacks more efficently. As a result County finished the game stronger and could have nicked it at the end through Midge or McManus, who both had good chances.

I've got to say if I were a Caley fan (*shudder at the thought*) I would be disappointed not coming away with all 3 points there.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

[quote="mike_lowrie" pid='73853' dateline='1537633531']

No wonder I'm annoyed about it.

Club will now be hit with a fine by the ruling body plus when that Muppet threw the smoke bomb they could quite easily have hit someone and done them some form of injury.

Behaviour like that tarnishes the good name of the club and also the fans. And it has no place in

it was never gonna hit anyone when it was at the corner of the pitch as I could see from the east stand. Should keep them in the stand instead of putting it on the pitch though. Did it hurt you? No. did it hurt anyone? No. Could it harm anyone? No. Did it effect the game? No. Did it or could it effect anyone or anything in the future? No. Stop moaning at the young lads for something harmless and talk about the game, just looking for things to moan at.

(09-22-2018, 06:51 PM)Mackie Wrote: Whichever of the 2 co-managers made that decision to start with that line up needs to have their decision making privileges revoked.

No width in the first half with Cowie constantly drifting into the center, I lost track the number of times there was space on the right which was begging to be used but went by as Cowie had drifted into far. Draper was too slow in the deep role, often facing his own goal when receiving the ball. Caley pressed well in midfield and should have taken the lead in the 1st half and the start of the second half it looked more the same.

Thankfully County made the most obvious change (obvious cause I called it 10 mins before it happened, and if I can see it then it's blatantly obvious to anyone) and swapped Vigurs for Draper and Mullin came on for Cowie. We now had someone who was giving width to the right and Vigurs was able to control a lot more of our possession and almost direct our attacks more efficently. As a result County finished the game stronger and could have nicked it at the end through Midge or McManus, who both had good chances.

I've got to say if I were a Caley fan (*shudder at the thought*) I would be disappointed not coming away with all 3 points there.

Mackie I have to agree with a lot you say ,when one of the best players in this league is left on bench for Cowie or Draper something wrong , and boy we need a striker Draper and Cowie should never see tge next game ,both were outing their foot into tackle like they were testing if water was hit or cold and both are past sell by date Cowie okay for Academy Draper bug fellow but too slow and timid really if we had players who came on late on at beginning we might have
Nicked it I CT were up for it Tonight we sit 4th Lack of goals could Be big drawback plus a herder more steely approach Hooe Marcus returns And we get
A better back than Kelly

(09-22-2018, 06:51 PM)Mackie Wrote: Whichever of the 2 co-managers made that decision to start with that line up needs to have their decision making privileges revoked.

100% agree with this.

Vigurs made such a difference when he came on. Shifting the ball across the park quickly really opened up their defence. Cowie was making some great runs centrally but like you say it left us with no option down the right as Watson just stayed put.

I thought McKay and Graham linked up well but McManus looked excellent when he came on.

Gardyne didn’t have his shooting boots on at all today, which was a shame. Fontaine was excellent as ever.

Overall I think we were lucky to come away with a point as Caley edged it for me.

EDIT: And also was really good to see Mullins actually making a cross with a bit of pace on it. Makes a big difference.