Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Isn't there an interesting game this weekend?
Just thought I might give it a start, usually already going by now.

Anyway, hoping for a good atmosphere and knocking them off their short lived perch.

Hope we pump them rotten. That’s all I have to say on the matter

A competitive game where anything can happen.

(County to win obvs.)

That's all I have to say on the matter.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I get the feeling our support is luke warm about our chances of winning this game. It won’t be easy but in recent years we have owned Caley. If we play to our abilities we will win. Simplez

Making the journey north for this one against our not-so-heavily subsidised competitors 15 miles down the road (hi Charles!)
Would like to see the return of both Fraser and a back 4 for this one, along the lines of:
Fox
Fraser Morris Fonts Kelly
Draper* Vigurs*
Mullin Lindsay Midge
Graham

*denotes inevitable booking
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(09-18-2018, 11:46 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Making the journey north for this one against our not-so-heavily subsidised competitors 15 miles down the road (hi Charles!)
Would like to see the return of both Fraser and a back 4 for this one, along the lines of:
Fox
Fraser Morris Fonts Kelly
Draper* Vigurs*
Mullin Lindsay Midge
Graham

*denotes inevitable booking

I find it hard to leave Don out of any team, never mind our local derby against one of his former employers! Who would I drop to facilitate this? Glad I'm not Fergie or Ketts!

(09-19-2018, 09:28 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: I find it hard to leave Don out of any team, never mind our local derby against one of his former employers! Who would I drop to facilitate this? Glad I'm not Fergie or Ketts!

Is he one of the three best midfielders at the club? Not sure that he is.

Will the drum be in attendance? We need a big performance from everyone, including us supporters and the drum really helps.

(09-19-2018, 09:28 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: I find it hard to leave Don out of any team, never mind our local derby against one of his former employers! Who would I drop to facilitate this? Glad I'm not Fergie or Ketts!

Does Kelly deserve a start? Three at the back would make room for Cowie in midfield.

I guess the Hamilton lounge will be closed to the public? In which case I hope Staggies is home fans only.

(09-19-2018, 11:20 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Does Kelly deserve a start? Three at the back would make room for Cowie in midfield.

I'd go with a back four but with Stelios at left back, he's a far superior player for that position at this moment in time imo.

As for the middle imo it's either Cowie or Vigurs, one starts, the other is on the bench. I'm maybe inclined to start Cowie and have Vigurs as an impact sub to hopefully turn the screw later on, or turn the game if a goal is required.

_________Fox
Fraser Morris Fontaine Stelios
________Draper
Mullin Lindsay Cowie Gardyne
_______McManus

Subs Munro, Watson, T.Dingwall, Vigurs, DKD, McKay, Graham.

This could be our Achilles heel Craig Levin would have kept Don if he thought it worthwhile This league calls for young legs pacy, last games watching Don doesn’t fill me with hope too slow , give him coaching job and a standby if we are stuck , we need to start scoring more just saying

(09-19-2018, 11:43 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I guess the Hamilton lounge will be closed to the public? In which case I hope Staggies is home fans only.
Staggies Bar will be open from 12 noon for home supporters with a valid match ticket, serving food and drink right up until kick-off. Please note that entrance into Staggies Bar is no longer through the main front door of the stadium - please use other entry which is located before the main entrance.

(09-19-2018, 12:27 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'd go with a back four but with Stelios at left back, he's a far superior player for that position at this moment in time imo.

As for the middle imo it's either Cowie or Vigurs, one starts, the other is on the bench. I'm maybe inclined to start Cowie and have Vigurs as an impact sub to hopefully turn the screw later on, or turn the game if a goal is required.

_________Fox
Fraser Morris Fontaine Stelios
________Draper
Mullin Lindsay Cowie Gardyne
___Graham McManus

Subs Munro, Watson, T.Dingwall, Vigurs, DKD, McKay, Stewart.

I think this would be great but our friends across the firth May have an objection to us playing 1 -4-1-4-2. But hopefully they wouldn’t notice ......

3 at the back, 5 in midfield and 2 up front.

Fox
Fraser Morris Fontaine
Draper
Lindsay Cowie Vigurs Gardyne
Graham McKay ( or McManus)

I think Vigurs, Draper, Cowie and Mckay will all want to play and do well against their old club. One of them surely will score against them. Midge can play on either wing. Mullin will be on the bench ( a bit unfair I know )

Probably completely wrong, but I think that's a winning team. Man for man we're better. Billy McKay is definitely due a goal. With our midfield we should dictate the play. It's the old story - we will play good football but will we score goals?

I so hope we win...

(09-20-2018, 11:25 AM)Brick in the wall Wrote: I think this would be great but our friends across the firth May have an objection to us playing 1 -4-1-4-2. But hopefully they wouldn’t notice ......

Haha good point Smile

(I'll do a wee edit)

Mullin surely starting, been outstanding for us this year

Wow it's pretty quiet on here, for what's the build up to the first derby game in ages!

(09-20-2018, 05:18 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Wow it's pretty quiet on here, for what's the build up to the first derby game in ages!
Quietly confident..

(09-20-2018, 05:54 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Quietly confident..

Let's keep our neighbours quiet.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile