Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Ross County jogging fairly quickly football team versus Falkirk
Falkirk have parted ways with their manager, Paul Hartley. Apparently they’ve been god awful this season so far.

Will they get the bounce-back effect of a new manager, or will it be another 7 (seven) goal thrashing?

Hopefully County have a proper right back, and if not, Mullin plays with Dingwall in front of him. Could see Stewart or Graham getting a start over McManus. But otherwise, there’s not much that can be changed, despite the size of the squad.

(08-28-2018, 10:58 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Falkirk have parted ways with their manager, Paul Hartley. Apparently they’ve been god awful this season so far.

Will they get the bounce-back effect of a new manager, or will it be another 7 (seven) goal thrashing?

Hopefully County have a proper right back, and if not, Mullin plays with Dingwall in front of him. Could see Stewart or Graham getting a start over McManus. But otherwise, there’s not much that can be changed, despite the size of the squad.

yes, rest Declan and give other forwards a go.

And practice more defensive solidity, with whichever personnel.

Other than that, carry on and win convincingly please.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Graham is due a start imo, an early goal in this and their heads could go down.

The longer we go without scoring the more confidence they'll take from it. We need to hit them early and hard.

Losing our first game against Morton will have stung, hoping we'll see a reaction on Saturday!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Still worried that there just isn't enough goals in this side. Possession is great, but we lack a cutting edge too often (Mullin aside).
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(08-29-2018, 07:07 PM)Despot Wrote: Still worried that there just isn't enough goals in this side. Possession is great, but we lack a cutting edge too often (Mullin aside).

Fergie and Kett's will also be aware of this and I'm sure it's something they will be looking at and dealing with in training sessions....might see something different up front on Saturday

FYI

Tomorrow's home clash Vs Falkirk coincides with the Dingwall Rotary Club's "Great Feil Maree and Vehicle Show" - the High St is likely to be pretty busy with stalls and entertainment planned outside the Town Hall.

The Cromarty Car Park is closed to the public from Friday evening as this is where the Vehicle Show will be held, the Vehicle Parade is at 3pm - so would think the town will be pretty busy tomorrow.

Further info here -> http://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/page.ph...&ClubID=25

(08-29-2018, 07:07 PM)Despot Wrote: Still worried that there just isn't enough goals in this side. Possession is great, but we lack a cutting edge too often (Mullin aside).

I’d like to think a couple of strikers might be the way forward against Falkirk.

That said, Falkirk have appointed a new manager, though I guess he won’t be involved tomorrow.

3-5-2 Today??

Fox Morris Watson Fontaine Cowie Vigurs Mullin Gardyne Draper McKay Graham.

Subs: Munro Demetriou Keillor-Dunn Lindsay Dingwall McManus Stewart

Mon lads, 3 points please Smile

HT0-0

look to be in control but only one shot on target...

A goal please?

An enjoyable game and we played some good football moving the ball around well. The usual story of not converting enough chances in the first half. You always felt though that a goal would come. Inspired substitution as Lyndsay scored almost immediately after coming on.
A bit nervy at 1-0 but the late goal sealed a well deserved victory.

Midge was unstoppable today and really back to top form. Deservedly man of the match. In fact all the team played well.
If we can score more goals we'll definitely be pushing for the top of the league this season.

So far all the games I've seen at home this season have been more entertaining than any of our home games last season.

I don't post here very often but I felt compelled to say how much I enjoyed the game today. Tremendous entertainment and a really open, fast paced game throughout. The Falkirk right back will wake up screaming tonight as he dreams of Midge waltzing past him. Strong and persistent performances across the team and Vigurs is a joy to watch: he spots things others cannot and has the touch to make the creative passes we have lacked for some time. What a different experience going to games this season. All credit to the management, the staff and the squad for turning things around so quickly. Cannot wait for saturdays at the moment and we have the potential to do something special this year.

Thoroughly accomplished performance. Defence looked solid, and midfield was organised. Poor Kidd was terrorised by Gardyne at right back. Cowie is going to be a big player for us this season. Someone in the centre of the park pulling the strings, just what the doctor ordered!

Very good result. So much possession. Worried for a time about inability to score. Came good in the end. Good preparation before international break before the higher end teams come. Fantastic save from Fox first half! Good balance about the team.

Heart 
Cowie very impressive. Energy, insight, commitment, movement, leadership, responsibility.

Crowd had to cope with growing anxiety as zillions of chances and none being converted into an actual goal until 69th minute. But we got there in the end. McManus finally getting his goal clearly meant a lot to his companeros, who made a big fuss of congratulating him. Nice.

Management team genius in bringing Lindsay on btw - and of course McManus!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Very decent effort today- wobbled briefly after going one nil up, but we bossed it. Only minor issue was Watson at times, a bit sloppy using the ball out of defence but overall very pleased. Think Graham/McManus is the partnership for me at the minute.

(09-01-2018, 06:48 PM)Uncle Jocky Wrote: I don't post here very often but I felt compelled to say how much I enjoyed the game today. Tremendous entertainment and a really open, fast paced game throughout. The Falkirk right back will wake up screaming tonight as he dreams of Midge waltzing past him. Strong and persistent performances across the team and Vigurs is a joy to watch: he spots things others cannot and has the touch to make the creative passes we have lacked for some time. What a different experience going to games this season. All credit to the management, the staff and the squad for turning things around so quickly. Cannot wait for saturdays at the moment and we have the potential to do something special this year.

Vigurs was like that when he played for us before. He knows where he is going to put the ball before he receives it and lesser players, possibly those that were around him in previous teams (not naming any teams in particular of course !) struggle to keep up with him. Himself, Cowie and Gardyne together are a truly class act. The whole team were excellent today as were the managerial decisions.
The future looks pretty good, onward and upward !

(09-01-2018, 06:56 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Thoroughly accomplished performance. Defence looked solid, and midfield was organised. Poor Kidd was terrorised by Gardyne at right back. Cowie is going to be a big player for us this season. Someone in the centre of the park pulling the strings, just what the doctor ordered!

Totally agree, had a chat with him after the game - someone with his experience could prove pivotal over the course of the season

Kidd got a right chasing off Gardyne. The lad down the left for Falkirk did a good job on Mullin until he went off- not sure what they were thinking, Mullin ran riot down the right once the change took place,