Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The Ross County Running Football Team vs Morton
All very quiet about the game coming up on Saturday. 2 of the best starters in the division playing with winner staying/going top.

Hope Graham gets a start, looked good so far. Cowie in for Lindsay, any word on Fraser?

3-1 County. Looking forward to my first visit to Greenock

Great thread title Big Grin

Has Brian Graham ever in his career had a run of starting games?

(Probably did when at Raith)

And if not why not?
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

MarkPockets ... I’d like to let you down gently but prepare to be massively disappointed by Greenock and all it has to offer. Having said that, I do enjoy Cappielow. A proper real old school stadium with a decent atmosphere. We’ll be accommodated in a section of the main stand which unfortunately offers next to no legroom. 3-0 to the County. COYS

Another win for County. I think we should "walk" the league this year.....

Where is the supporters bus going pre-match for this?

Central Staggies haven't made definite plans yet but we're planning going into Greenock pre-match instead of Glasgow and getting the last train possible.

(08-23-2018, 08:59 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Another win for County. I think we should "walk" the league this year.....

I see what you did there :-)

Supporter info below:

TICKET INFO:

We would like to remind supporters that tickets are on sale for Saturday’s top of the table clash against Ross County here at Cappielow.

Fans are asked to purchase in advance where possible in order to avoid excessive queues at the ticket office on a matchday, with briefs available from the following outlets:

Cappielow – During office hours, 9am-12noon and 1pm-5pm

Smiths of Greenock – During opening hours, 9am – 5.30pm.

Sinclair Street ticket office – Matchdays from 11am to 3pm.

Match tickets can also be purchased in advance online at http://www.gmfctickets.co.uk or by calling the club on 01475 723571. These can collected at the ticket office on matchday, or posted out, for which there is a £2 charge.

The Ladbrokes Championship fixture can be pre-loaded to fan cards on Interstadia’s dedicated club website, http://www.gmfctickets.co.uk.

2018/19 Gate Prices
GATE FAN CARD TICKET
ADULT
£18 £20
CONCESSION^ (Over-65s, Students, 18-20 year olds)
£13 £15
CHILD (12 – 17)^
£5 £5
CHILD (Under-12)*
£0 £1
^Please note, proof of entitlement must be provided for concessionary tickets, while proof of age is required for children between 12 and 17 and those between 18 and 20.
*Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Please note, prices apply irrespective of the day or time of purchase.

Children Under-12 Go Free With Season Card and Fan Card
Children Under-12 in possession of a season card or fan card attend all home league fixtures free of charge, and parents are encouraged to sign their kids up for the campaign if they have not already done so.

Those children without a season card or fan card will be required to purchase a physical match ticket with scannable barcode at a cost of £1.

You can order or renew your child’s season ticket online by CLICKING HERE or by contacting club secretary Brendan McEleny on admin@gmfc.net or calling 01475 723571.

ELECTRONIC TURNSTILES:

Greenock Morton would like to assure supporters that our electronic entry system will be fully operational for Saturday’s home fixture against Ross County here at Cappielow.

We recognise there was an issue wherein some of our turnstiles failed at the last home game against Queen of the South and apologise for any inconvenence this may have caused.

In response, club staff conducted a robust internal investigation and believe we know the cause of the problem, which we are confident has now been rectified.

A full test of the system was conducted on Tuesday and will be repeated tomorrow, and we expect season card, fan card and match tickets to enable automatic entry this weekend.

As an extra precautionary measure, the club has demanded that our turnstile contractors are on site should any further complications arise in real time.

DIRECTIONS TO CAPPIELOW:

https://gmfc.net/club/directions-to-cappielow/

From North
From the M8 at Langbank follow the A8 into Greenock and into the 30mph zone of dual carriageway until you reach the the second set of traffic lights, then turn first left onto Sinclair Street. The Matchday Car Park entrance is directly on your left as you turn the corner. Parking charge on Matchday is £3.00. Please note that Sinclair Street is closed on matchday to vehicular traffic beyond the car park entrance. Proceed up Sinclair Street and the main entrance to Cappielow Park is on the righthand side before the railway bridge.

From South
Head north on the A78 towards Greenock. Follow the road past IBM and continue until the second set of traffic lights. Turn right onto Dunlop Street. Follow this road until it turns sharp left and goes downhill. Follow the road through the junction until you reach the traffic lights. You should now be facing the river. Turn right. Follow the main road through two roundabouts, and continue until you reach the Cappielow Industrial Estate. Cappielow Park is on the right hand side of the road.

By Train
From Glasgow Central alight the Gourock bound train service at Cartsdyke station. Not all trains stop at Cartsdyke, it is advised that you check the boards at Glasgow Central before boarding. Exit Cartsdyke Station onto Bawhirley Road, walk to the junction of Carwood Street and turn left following the road all the way down the hill until you reach a T-junction, turn left at the T-Junction under the railway bridge, the turnstiles for Cappielow Park are situated here.

By Bus
There are several buses from the Greenock Town Centre, with a frequency of approximately every 5 minutes. Services from Glasgow stop just outside the ground.

And just in case you have to travel from a little further afield, Cappielow Park is only twenty minutes by car from Glasgow Airport!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Thanks Kenny.
Maybe worth mentioning there's already a (humorously titled) thread: The Ross County Running Football Team vs Morton

(08-24-2018, 10:28 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: Thanks Kenny.
Maybe worth mentioning there's already a (humorously titled) thread: The Ross County Running Football Team vs Morton

Taken care of Wink

(08-23-2018, 08:11 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: MarkPockets ... I’d like to let you down gently but prepare to be massively disappointed by Greenock and all it has to offer. Having said that, I do enjoy Cappielow. A proper real old school stadium with a decent atmosphere. We’ll be accommodated in a section of the main stand which unfortunately offers next to no legroom. 3-0 to the County. COYS

Indeed, if it's the same section as our last Div1 season, bring knee-pads.

(08-24-2018, 11:24 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Indeed, if it's the same section as our last Div1 season, bring knee-pads.

You spend a lot of time on your knees last time aye?
If you needed the money, or enjoyed it, who am I to judge.

(Tiling, i' m talking about tiling.)

(08-24-2018, 11:51 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: You spend a lot of time on your knees last time aye?
If you needed the money, or enjoyed it, who am I to judge.

(Tiling, i' m talking about tiling.)

Those were heady days, anything went.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7t-fGQXgAEbfsp.jpg

(08-24-2018, 03:04 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Those were heady days, anything went.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7t-fGQXgAEbfsp.jpg

Hahaha! Thats a great pic! Big Grin

This will be our first visit to Cappielow since April 2012 when Michael Fraser kept the unbeaten 'invincibles' run going with a point blank save near the end in what turned out to be a 1-1 draw. Two of the probable starters (Vigurs and Gardyne) also played that day as did a certain Stuart Kettlewell.

Those with longer memories may remember our first competitive visit to the same ground when we saw a teenage Neil Tarrant score a late goal for underdogs Ross County to knock higher division Morton out of the League Cup. Believe it or not that game was almost 20 years ago to the day !! The nineteen year old went on to score 27 goals for County that season before being bought by Aston Villa for 250k at the end of the same season.

County have a good overall record against Morton, having won 15 of the 27 competitive games between the sides -against only 5 wins for the Greenock men (only two of which have been at their own ground). Should County play as well as against Hibs last Sunday we should take all three points.

For me there were a number of pleasing aspects at Easter Road- which also represented continued progression from the win away to Dunfermline the week before.

Both centre backs were very solid and showed more composure on the ball, calmly passing their way out of defence rather than punting the ball aimlessly forward. That composure was replicated in our midfield who dominated and bullied the Hibs midfield for long periods, particularly during the second half, whilst retaining possession in tight spaces; the team playing a high line whilst simultaneously harrying, closing down and chasing every ball forcing errors from the opposition, and the quality play throughout the team but particularly in midfield (the vision of Vigurs, the skill and determination of Mullin, the trickery and renewed confidence of Gardyne, the passing ability of Lindsay and the quality and experience of Cowie). We could have - and should have -gone 3-1 up in that game and put the game out of sight. Hence the only criticism being a lack of real quality in the final third.

Although Fontaine is back in contetion, it would be very harsh imho to drop either of the centre backs. Indeed, for me, Morris has been the standout player this season (with Draper not far behind).

If County play as they have been playing in the last couple of games, there is no reason why we cannot pick up all 3 points. There is also the small matter of County remaining unbeaten for the 37th.consecutive league game in the second tier of the SPFL........

A very tough away game again, I'll be at the Harleys in Aviemore keeping an eye on the scores coming in.

I don't think we're good enough to expect to win away to a rival in decent form but our own form is decent too so I'm hopeful at least.

I'm keen to see/hear how a midfield three of Draper, Vigurs and Cowie perform, in my head at least they should be effin awesome! I'm still concerned about Kelly at LB, he looks so nervous and likely to cost us. I'd really like to see Demetriou get a run, hopefully he's fit.

Incident with the supporters bus and a motorcyclist?

(08-25-2018, 01:17 PM)NVACA Wrote: Incident with the supporters bus and a motorcyclist?

Yes. Details on BBC News website. Bus turned around and headed back home. There will be even fewer of us at the game.

BBC hadn't published when I first heard, just saw the details on there and on twitter just now. Nasty stuff, glad everyone on the bus is safe but feeling for the motorcyclist and their family.

Starting 11

Scott Fox,
Sean Kelly, Liam Fontaine, Callum Morris,
Tony Dingwall, Don Cowie, Ross Draper, Iain Vigurs,
Josh Mullin, Declan McManus, Michael Gardyne.

On the bench:

Billy McKay, Davis Keillor-Dunn, Brian Graham, Ross Munro, Harry Paton, Ross Stewart, Tom Kelly.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets