Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hibs Vs Ross County (BETFRED CUP - SUNDAY 19th AUG)
(08-20-2018, 09:25 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Rain? Knew you Birmingham lot were soft but come on. Not even a drizzle.

We ain't from Birmingham, probably more local than you are !
Anyway how did you think the water got on the seats, from the pitch sprinklers ??

(08-20-2018, 02:45 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: New season, new positive attitude........loving it, keep up the good work!

That's because there's reason to be positive. Unlike last season, when I called the whole way through that the club was a mess top to bottom. Got vilified for it, yet was proven right in the end and everything that I said came true. It's great to be able to talk positively about the club again.

Bluezulu - why did Birmingham City sell Geoff Horsfield ?

(08-21-2018, 12:41 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: That's because there's reason to be positive. Unlike last season, when I called the whole way through that the club was a mess top to bottom. Got vilified for it, yet was proven right in the end and everything that I said came true. It's great to be able to talk positively about the club again.

You just got paid a compliment and you still manage to put a negative spin on it.

Unreal. Must try harder.

Living in Edinburgh and talking to Hibs supporters I know since the game a lot of them seemed to think we were a dirty team. In all my time as a County fan I don't think that is something that has never been made to me me before.
I liked the spirit the team had on Sunday and if that makes us a dirty team then bring it on.
I must also add that at least half of them have conceded that Hibs were fortunate to win the game.

(08-20-2018, 09:56 PM)BLUEZULU Wrote: We ain't from Birmingham, probably more local than you are !
Anyway how did you think the water got on the seats, from the pitch sprinklers ??

I'd suggest you have moved to the wrong place if you are getting a bit worried by a summer shower. Considering you use the "Zulu" name, you are a let down to that mob.

(08-21-2018, 09:17 AM)edinburghexile Wrote: Living in Edinburgh and talking to Hibs supporters I know since the game a lot of them seemed to think we were a dirty team. In all my time as a County fan I don't think that is something that has never been made to me me before.

To be fair, Kettlewell and Ferguson were both battlers. Still maintain if we had Ketts in that midfield against Dundee United in the Scottish Cup he'd have dealt with Buaben who was niggling all of our squad.

I think the squad has a good mix in all honesty, at times last year we were incredibly soft. It's pleasing to see a side that on the whole can handle themselves, but still play some decent football.

(08-21-2018, 10:43 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: I'd suggest you have moved to the wrong place if you are getting a bit worried by a summer shower. Considering you use the "Zulu" name, you are a let down to that mob.

To be fair, Kettlewell and Ferguson were both battlers. Still maintain if we had Ketts in that midfield against Dundee United in the Scottish Cup he'd have dealt with Buaben who was niggling all of our squad.

I think the squad has a good mix in all honesty, at times last year we were incredibly soft. It's pleasing to see a side that on the whole can handle themselves, but still play some decent football.

Maybe he enjoys a bit of fly fishing for trout! There's a few on here who enjoy a spot of fishing! Myself included ;-)

(08-21-2018, 08:16 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: You just got paid a compliment and you still manage to put a negative spin on it.

Unreal. Must try harder.

A negative, paranoid, and self-serving spin.
It's really quite impressive.

(08-23-2018, 11:20 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: A negative, paranoid, and self-serving spin.
It's really quite impressive.

Trumpesque even.

(08-23-2018, 01:25 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Trumpesque even.

Do you think we should impeach?
I think we should maybe hold off at this time, see how results stand in November.
If there is a majority of points for County there may be no need to impeach, it may temper StaggiesAwayFromHome's worst excesses?

( Apologies if being likened to Trump is a step too far S.A.F.W! I got excited by the opportunity for some rubbish political satire)

(08-21-2018, 08:16 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: You just got paid a compliment and you still manage to put a negative spin on it.

Unreal. Must try harder.

It wasn't directed at the poster who complimented me, it was more just using what they said to state the facts to others.

(08-23-2018, 02:27 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Do you think we should impeach?
I think we should maybe hold off at this time, see how results stand in November.
If there is a majority of points for County there may be no need to impeach, it may temper StaggiesAwayFromHome's worst excesses?

( Apologies if being likened to Trump is a step too far S.A.F.W! I got excited by the opportunity for some rubbish political satire)

No offence taken.