Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hibs Vs Ross County (BETFRED CUP - SUNDAY 19th AUG)
There are still some seats left on the supporters bus heading down to the match on Sunday - phone 01349 860860 today if you want to book a seat.

Probably the strongest test of our squad coming up on Sunday - I'm still confident in the squad the gaffers have assembled that we'll be a match for any team this season - although it'll be a tough game, it's a cup game and anything can happen - we've had a great start to the season - let's keep it going!

COYS!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Can see us getting a result today. I expect a either a weakened Hibs team or a strong side that runs out of juice in the second half. 3-1 to the County. COYS

Heading to the game. Runrig last night and a County win today would be a brilliant weekend. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Not much interest in the game on here.

I guess we'll play our strongest team so it'll be a good indicator for the coming league games. Who'll start up front I wonder?

It would be hard to change the starting XI from Dunfermline but McKay got two goals midweek so he's certainly put in a strong claim.

Lost 3-2 to a goal in the last minute. Sounds like we were a tad unlucky and played reasonably well. Ah well, let's get back to "walking" the league... Maybe I should start a new thread about that :-)

Vigurs card must be the quickest in County history.

Not a bad display, but at least we can focus on the league now.

(08-19-2018, 05:08 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Vigurs card must be the quickest in County history.

Not a bad display, but at least we can focus on the league now.

Didn’t you kniw Vigurs card sharper
that was a sore one to take we matched them reasonably well

It was a daft lunge and put him at a disadvantage for the rest of his game.

Was never the quickest, but seems to have lost a yard of pace. Hopefully still catching up from a lack of pre-season.

We were the better side for the first ten minutes, the first ten of the second half and the last twenty. Didn't have a great view from the South Stand of Gardyne's goal but the penalty was a stonewaller- Efe just has to Efe sometimes.

The lad Hibs got from Preston looks a real player. Caused us no end of problems with his pace and trickery.

Now to wait on news about Fraser, Lindsay and Steliou about their injuries.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

We made a great account of ourselves today and didn’t give up till the final whistle went I hope Jamie Lindsay has a safe recovery from injury and it was great to see Don back in a RCFC strip

We were better than I thought we would be yesterday.

Unlucky at the end but gave it a good go.

I thought we played really well yesterday. We at least deserved extra time. If we can play like that every week then we’ll walk the Championship.

On a different note, what was with everyone at the back of our section sitting down? It’s generally understood that if you want to stand up at away days you go to the back of stand, and if you want to sit down you go a bit further forward. That way, everyone gets a decent view in the fashion that they want.

We got in at 2.50 and the back few rows were already filled with folk sitting down, so to be able to stand we had to go down near the front in order not to obscure the view of others. Was it a case of the first people in actually following the seat numbers on their tickets, then everyone else blindly doing the same?

(08-20-2018, 07:57 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I thought we played really well yesterday. We at least deserved extra time. If we can play like that every week then we’ll walk the Championship.

On a different note, what was with everyone at the back of our section sitting down? It’s generally understood that if you want to stand up at away days you go to the back of stand, and if you want to sit down you go a bit further forward. That way, everyone gets a decent view in the fashion that they want.

We got in at 2.50 and the back few rows were already filled with folk sitting down, so to be able to stand we had to go down near the front in order not to obscure the view of others. Was it a case of the first people in actually following the seat numbers on their tickets, then everyone else blindly doing the same?

I think it was because before game, Hibs were selling tickets from the bottom up, but at the ticket gate were selling top to bottom, so a lot of unfamiliar faces got to the back and sat down, following their assigned ticket numbers- I didn't recognise anyone around me (I was in the second back row).
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Having viewed it again, if anything Vigurs was lucky to only receive yellow after 5 seconds
As already noted, that level of performance replicated each week should comfortably be enough for the Championship. It took 2 worldies from an admittedly rotated very good Premiership side to beat us
Hibs arguably just deserved the win- while the 2nd half was a more even affair, they totally dominated most of the 1st half after they scored
Once again, Mullin very impressive- he'll be playing Premiership football next season with or without us
Onwards and upwards
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Good performance again and can only echo what everyone has said - very encouraging that we matched a (weakened) Premiership side.

(08-20-2018, 02:32 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Good performance again and can only echo what everyone has said - very encouraging that we matched a (weakened) Premiership side.

New season, new positive attitude........loving it, keep up the good work!

(08-20-2018, 07:57 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I thought we played really well yesterday. We at least deserved extra time. If we can play like that every week then we’ll walk the Championship.

The situation was that when we arrived at the Stadium we were told that we could sit anywhere and the seat numbers didn't matter. If you had arrived earlier you would have seen that it was raining and the only dry seats were up at the back which is why everyone made a beeline up there..
As it happens our seat numbers were for the back row anyway and we were standing for some of the game, although, as you well know, we are all supposed to be sitting anyway.
Next time give us a shout and we will vacate our seats and sit out in the rain to let you stand up at the back in the dry. (Just jokiing, there's no chance of that !)

(08-20-2018, 09:15 PM)BLUEZULU Wrote: Next time give us a shout and we will vacate our seats and sit out in the rain to let you stand up at the back in the dry. (Just jokiing, there's no chance of that !)

Rain? Knew you Birmingham lot were soft but come on. Not even a drizzle.

(08-20-2018, 09:15 PM)BLUEZULU Wrote: The situation was that when we arrived at the Stadium we were told that we could sit anywhere and the seat numbers didn't matter. If you had arrived earlier you would have seen that it was raining and the only dry seats were up at the back which is why everyone made a beeline up there..
As it happens our seat numbers were for the back row anyway and we were standing for some of the game, although, as you well know, we are all supposed to be sitting anyway.
Next time give us a shout and we will vacate our seats and sit out in the rain to let you stand up at the back in the dry. (Just jokiing, there's no chance of that !)

Good point about the dry seats, to be fair. The ones at the front were wet, not that that was an issue for us, obviously. We must have just missed the actual rain though - was fine from the point we left the pub until after the game.