Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
50 over 50's
This guy's incorrigible.

If you don't understand how this forum works, start your own one.

Call it..........rosscountywalkingfootballteamifanyonegivesash*t

Don't worry guys. I've now edited his posting permissions so that he shouldn't be able to post new threads anymore.

I do find it odd coming on here with an attitude like that when he's supposed to be drumming up interest. I'd suggest it's probably having the opposite, alienating effect.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(08-22-2018, 09:39 PM)Spain Wrote: Don't worry guys. I've now edited his posting permissions so that he shouldn't be able to post new threads anymore.

I do find it odd coming on here with an attitude like that when he's supposed to be drumming up interest. I'd suggest it's probably having the opposite, alienating effect.

Absolutely

(08-22-2018, 07:24 PM)MarkPockets Wrote: The whole point of the thread is when there is a new comment on them, it brings the entire thread back to the top. It also means people can look back through it to see what it is all about.
However it also stymies the marketing opportunity of a really important societal activity plus people of the relevant generation probably also in my humble opinion prefer separate threads but as nobody on here can see that perhaps developing Ross County and helping keep old folks fit and off the NHS cost list isnt your thing

(08-23-2018, 07:12 AM)RossCountyWalkingFootballteam Wrote: However it also stymies the marketing opportunity of a really important societal activity plus people of the relevant generation probably also in my humble opinion prefer separate threads but as nobody on here can see that perhaps developing Ross County and helping keep old folks fit and off the NHS cost list isnt your thing

It doesn’t stymie anything. This is how internet forums work. There’s a broad range of ages here and there’s nothing to suggest people of the older generation struggle with the concept. In fact, I imagine some might well be offended by the suggestion.

We’re all for helping people stay fit and healthy, and walking football having its own thread is not going to discourage people from trying it. The overly defensive attitude of those running it, on the other hand, might.

Bump.

This post brought the thread to the top of the forum (until someone posts in another thread, or starts another thread).

It also highlights the thread to users within the forum as having a new post (once they open the thread it will stop being highlighted in the forum).

This allows even the most computer-illiterate of posters to clearly view it.

As all new posts in this thread will do.

Stymie-less stuff.

(08-22-2018, 09:39 PM)Spain Wrote: Don't worry guys. I've now edited his posting permissions so that he shouldn't be able to post new threads anymore.

I hope Infowars doesn’t find out about this. #shadowbanning

Over the bridge ain’t brimming with topics. More than happy to read about all things Ross County-related be it walking football or whatever.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Didnt mean to be "defensive" as you say. Simply frustrated that a good opportunity to promote both Ross County and Walking Football in particular was being restricted as we see it un-necessarily. However as we are now to all intents barred from posting in an effective marketing style we will simply move on.

If however anyone wishes to come along and join Britains fastest growing sport and you are over 50 then Monday nights 6.00 to 7.00 at the Highland Academy over the Bridge all welcome male and female all standards.

Hoping to have Ross County at the forefront of Walking football in Scotland.

(08-31-2018, 07:18 AM)RossCountyWalkingFootballteam Wrote: However as we are now to all intents barred from posting in an effective marketing style we will simply move on.

Your being "defensive" again.

(08-31-2018, 07:18 AM)RossCountyWalkingFootballteam Wrote: Hoping to have Ross County at the forefront of Walking football in Scotland.

Owen Coyle beat you to it.

Would the Ross County Walking Football Team justify its own forum as it is not related to the In The Jailend or any other forum? It would be useful for discussion as it hopefully gets busier. There are forums (or is it fori) for other subjects where there is a dedicated group e.g. Central Staggies.

(08-31-2018, 10:17 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Your being "defensive" again.

And your being an ass again.

(08-31-2018, 07:18 AM)RossCountyWalkingFootballteam Wrote: However as we are now to all intents barred from posting in an effective marketing style we will simply move on.

It literally does not affect how you can "market" the team. As long as you post in this thread it come to the top of the list. I don't understand what you aren't understanding. The most successful threads on this site are some of the oldest because people keep adding and are interested in them. Constant new threads tend to die away

(08-31-2018, 08:00 PM)RossCountyWalkingFootballteam Wrote: And your being an ass again.

Jog on mate.

Or should that be walk on...?

(08-31-2018, 09:38 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Jog on mate.

Or should that be walk on...?

Never met you so please dont call me mate. You clearly have issues and I pray to god that you get help with them before its too late. In the meantime feel free to come down to walking football at Highland Academy and see what its all about unless you are too afraid to be shown up.

I’ll hold the school bags.

(09-11-2018, 08:16 AM)Deke Slayton Wrote: I’ll hold the school bags.

I think you mean handbags!

Assuming as you call yourselves the "Official Ross County Walking Football Team" you have an affiliation to the club?

If that is the case, probably an idea not to act like a complete bell end.

(09-11-2018, 05:13 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Assuming as you call yourselves the "Official Ross County Walking Football Team" you have an affiliation to the club?

If that is the case, probably an idea not to act like a complete bell end.

I’d like to think this guy has nothing to do with the club at all. It’s extremely unprofessional if he does.