Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3pm, Saturday: County v Alloa. Be there.
3 points on the board, awesome work. Once we start converting more of the chances we are going to be flying it.

(08-05-2018, 03:30 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: 2 me

Meant to type "2nd" there. RIP Barry Chuckle.

(08-05-2018, 03:30 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Felt we moved the ball quicker in the 2 me half which was needed. There'll be a lot of games like that this season, hard work but we got there in the end.
Do we need to talk about Draper?

Over "to You" - DO we need to talk about Draper? With Gardyne fit I would drop Drapes to the bench, but only just.

I think we need to be patient (as fans) in games, and expect us to get our points late on in many of the games.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(08-05-2018, 06:58 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Over "to You" - DO we need to talk about Draper? With Gardyne fit I would drop Drapes to the bench, but only just.

I think we need to be patient (as fans) in games, and expect us to get our points late on in many of the games.

I would agree, Alloa setup to frustrate us and we’ll probably see quite a bit of that this season at home - team worked away and were patient - it’s not easy with the opposition having 10 men behind the ball....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I missed game as away in Portugal. all that was in my mind when I was on the plane was let's make a winning start, performance, who cares,and that's what we did.
Job done,well done County

(08-05-2018, 07:09 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I would agree, Alloa setup to frustrate us and we’ll probably see quite a bit of that this season at home - team worked away and were patient - it’s not easy with the opposition having 10 men behind the ball....

First post as felt compelled to contribute after comments heard post game on Saturday to the effect " Alloa were as good as us, we were a bit lucky and their keeper was man of the match" I felt we were close to a very good starting result. First half, several headers were just directed or mis-directed wrongly. movement was good. Their keeper was efficient not MOM material, - other than Draper one-on-one he wasn't really tested. Vigurs should have hit the target when a ball laid into his path late on and he looked better when moved inside when Draper came off. Think Draper and McKay will be squeezed to the fringes, neither producing previous form. Want to see Dow getting more playing time - looks really sharp but he may get the huff if not getting more time on the pitch. he wasn't a happy bunny coming off at the end after 5 minute cameo. Graham also looking up for it and McManus before Mckay all the way at the moment.

Yes, the match stats (BBC) also reinforced that this was a game that County dominated and were the team trying to create something and win the game.

It's early days but the first two tests are passed - first League game and getting beyond League Cup group stage.

Many people will be betting on Dunfermline to win the league this season so we can expect a far more attacking and dangerous side on Saturday.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets