Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dunfermline vs Ross County - Sat 11 Aug
Received this invitation via the club email - this is the same lady that was involved at The Terrace pub in Edinbugh where the away busses stopped on the way to Tynecastle.

Hi,

My name is Amanda and I am the Events Co-ordinator for the company that runs The Elizabethan pub in Dunfermline.

The pub is just down the road from East End Park and we would be delighted to welcome your supporters both before and after your first game on 11th August.

The pub is of a good size and can accommodate a number of buses with private parking.

I am originally from Dingwall and support “The Staggies” so it would be a pleasure to welcome your support.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Half a mile up the road, no too bad at all.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Does anyone know if there is a bus going down to this game on Sat 11th? Was at the club shop today and they didn't have any info about a bus.

(07-25-2018, 02:07 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Received this invitation via the club email - this is the same lady that was involved at The Terrace pub in Edinbugh where the away busses stopped on the way to Tynecastle.

Hi,

My name is Amanda and I am the Events Co-ordinator for the company that runs The Elizabethan pub in Dunfermline.

The pub is just down the road from East End Park and we would be delighted to welcome your supporters both before and after your first game on 11th August.

The pub is of a good size and can accommodate a number of buses with private parking.

I am originally from Dingwall and support “The Staggies” so it would be a pleasure to welcome your support.

Hi Amanda As you see Ross shire buff You built house in same street as me Birchdrive I bet you run a great pub I’ll spread the word

2509 You have unearthed a good pub for support I know Amanda and bet she will make sure staggies are looked after She is a big staggies supporter

I've edited the title of this thread so it doubles up as a match thread for Saturday.

I take it the supporters bus will be stopping at the Elizabethan pre-match? I'm booked on for my first ever supporters bus experience, albeit just for the return journey. Looking forward to it (assuming we win).

As for the game, it'll be a really good indicator of how we're shaping up. Dunfermline have started strongly and will fancy their chances. If we want to be challenging for the title we need to be looking for at least a point in games like this - ideally all three.

(08-06-2018, 03:42 PM)Forfinn Wrote: I've edited the title of this thread so it doubles up as a match thread for Saturday.

I take it the supporters bus will be stopping at the Elizabethan pre-match? I'm booked on for my first ever supporters bus experience, albeit just for the return journey. Looking forward to it (assuming we win).

As for the game, it'll be a really good indicator of how we're shaping up. Dunfermline have started strongly and will fancy their chances. If we want to be challenging for the title we need to be looking for at least a point in games like this - ideally all three.

I would imagine the bus will stop at Elizabethan pre-match given we have been invited to do so - totally agree with your comments regarding the game, will be tough, but would expect a more open game to what we saw on Saturday V Alloa so hoping for goals and us to edge it for the win...will be a tough test

I can confirm the Central Staggies will also be heading to The Elizabethan.

The Glasgow lot are going for the 11:00 train from Glasgow Queen Street, joining those of us from Edinburgh on the 11:54 from Haymarket, disembarking at Dunfermline Queen Margaret at 12:25, just in time for Hearts v Celtic kicking off at 12:30.

As ever, we're happy for other folk to tag along. And you can at least be assured there will be other County fans in the pub early doors.

Hi folks,

Planning this one as well as will be in the central belt. Can you get tickets at the game or best to sort out before hand. Not sure if driving or taking train, but would be good to catch up with some folk if happy to have a small man and boy tag along!!!

(08-07-2018, 04:49 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Hi folks,

Planning this one as well as will be in the central belt. Can you get tickets at the game or best to sort out before hand. Not sure if driving or taking train, but would be good to catch up with some folk if happy to have a small man and boy tag along!!!

That's the missus and I booked on the bus for the weekend, we called into the stadium this afternoon and got our season tickets renewed too.

It was annoying to miss the opener against Alloa but really looking forward to a good match at EEP.

It would be good to see you at the bar/stadium Mark.

Supporters Bus - Dunfermline Away:

The pick-up locations, times and prices are as follows;

Tore 9:30am, Dingwall 9:45am, Inverness 10:05am

Adult £10
Under 16 £5
To secure your seat on the bus, call the ticket office on 01349 860860 during office hours.

Ticket info for the match below:

Away Fans: Adults £18, Concessions £12, U12s £5

PLEASE NOTE: there is no cash gates at East End Park on Saturday. There is a ticket pod adjacent to the East Stand (behind the goals) where Ross County fans will be seated, obtain your tickets from this ticket pod.

MARV'S TEAROOM:

Also, the Dunfermline Supporters Club have a Donation Shop and Marv’s Tea Room situated at the west end of the Main Stand.

They do food, teas and coffees. All fans including away support welcome - It is run by volunteers, and all food is donated by their fans to keep costs down. Worth a visit if you are looking for some grub before the match.

I've spoken to the Elizabethan and told them to expect the bus around 1:30 / 1:45 - there is ample parking for the bus at the pub.

Expect there to be goals in this one, Dunfermline will certainly not sit back like Alloa did.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Starting with McManus up front, Mullin and Gardyne on wings, Draper, Lindsay and Vigurs in the middle, and Fraser, Morris, Watson and Kelly in front of Fox.

Makes sense to seek to control the midfield and be attentive to counters from Dunfermline. Plenty attacking threat despite only one out-and-out striker.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

just before half time, Gardyne puts us back in front, 1 - 2 after Mullin had opened the scoring and Longridge equalised.

Keith Watson 1 - 3 for County. 17 minutes plus stoppage time to play.

6 points from first 2 games.

Top of the league on our own after just 2 games. Great start. Let's keep it going.

Tremendous result. Well done to the players and management.
Top of the table clash next week.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Mullin and Gardyne had great games, both scored good goals.

Defence and Kelly in particular looked very dodgy.

Good signal to our competitors, possibly including a big dent to Dunfermline confidence.

Some good challenges in the next couple of weeks:

Challenge cup v Hearts
League cup v Hibs

League v Morton

Enjoyed the game. Good noise from the decent County support. Strange game. Our defence did look shakey at times esp left side. We could have scored more but were 2nd best for long spells. As I say strange game.
Great goals and great result. There is plenty of goals in this side and Gardyne back to his best? Looking like it.

Right away to nurse the throat...

(08-11-2018, 04:58 PM)Les Westander Wrote: 6 points from first 2 games.

When was the last time you said that ;0)