Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Arbroath Away
Well that was disappointing to say the least! Same fixture last year we struggled but won on pens, tonight the best team won, outfought and outplayed us sadly.
Surprised with the line-up but have to say the introduction of Lindsay & draper had little effect, although we were already behind when they came on.
McKay took his goal well but we created very little else, the goals from corners we conceded were very very soft, looked to be a lack of leadership and organisation.
Dingwalls red card summed up his night & I would be surprised if he features in many squads this year, a really poor performance and looked out of his depth against lower league opposition.
Dylan Dykes can’t fault his effort but again too many misplaced passes, struggled to control the ball and gave it away too often.
McManus looked a threat when came on for Dow at half time, he’s strong and direct, but I feel we need more of a target man as well.
Too often County played the long ball straight down the middle and it was completely ineffective, the odd occasion gardyne/ vigurs got the ball down we got in behind them.
Difficult to understand this performance but make no mistake we will face teams like Arbroath all season & first of all we have to match the attitude and desire, imagine Ayr United away on a cold Tuesday night in January
Still, beat Alloa and we win the group ( incidentally Jim Goodwin was there tonight I can only imagine his surprise at the dreadful county performance)

(07-25-2018, 07:54 PM)Les Westander Wrote: I think its
Fox
Kelly Demetriou Morris Watson
Dingwall Vigurs Dykes
Gardyne McKay Dow

subs
McManus
Mullin
Munro
Paton
Draper
Lindsay
Russell Dingwall

Hammered by Arbroath time to get strikers in and some guys out now

I'm afraid, ladies and gentlemen, that's what happens when you pick players based on their surnames.

(07-24-2018, 09:21 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Arbroath generally wins on seagull count, compared to Dingwall.

Hoping to keep another clean sheet and win another 3 points, please. Keep up the right attitude.

You asked for the right attitude but we certainly didn't get it. Terrible 2nd half display against a hard working team(who probably were hard working during the day as well).
I think RC thought they only had to turn up
I was so looking forward to my first game of the season, now I wish I had left it for another game

Our reserves got pummelled. Not ideal, but hardly the end of the world. It has happened before and it will happen again.

(07-26-2018, 07:34 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Our reserves got pummelled. Not ideal, but hardly the end of the world. It has happened before and it will happen again.

Exactly! What is concerning is that Tony Dingwall was sent off for conduct which the club should be stamping out. There is no longer room in the game or RCFC for cheating - Naymar saw to that. More effort should be put into playing rather than amateur dramatics. For me if a player has to cheat against opposition at this level a question has to be asked - is he good enough for the club?

(07-25-2018, 11:46 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Hammered by Arbroath time to get strikers in and some guys out now

Out of interest, who would you get rid of? Would you agree with the majority on here and get rid of Tony D?

Bad day at the office, simple as that - it happens and as said above, it'll happen again - the season ahead will be a scrap make no mistake about that, ICT found it hard early in their season last year, but went on a decent run near the end - we need to take the rough with the smooth unfortunately.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(07-26-2018, 08:48 AM)the reaper Wrote: Exactly! What is concerning is that Tony Dingwall was sent off for conduct which the club should be stamping out. There is no longer room in the game or RCFC for cheating - Naymar saw to that. More effort should be put into playing rather than amateur dramatics. For me if a player has to cheat against opposition at this level a question has to be asked - is he good enough for the club?

I think that's the main issue, Dingwall dives because he has a clear lack of skill to get past an opponent. Is he good enough for the club? Never has been.

I thought that Dingwall did quite well while he was on the park. His fall in the box was maybe a bit theatrical but it looked to me like he was actually caught. The centre of the defence was absolutely woeful, maybe an unfit Davies wasn't so bad after all?

(07-26-2018, 07:34 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Our reserves got pummelled. Not ideal, but hardly the end of the world. It has happened before and it will happen again.

Let's not kid ourselves on here, that wasn't Arbroath's strongest team either and by all accounts the better and hungrier team won.

Big performance required on Saturday.

(07-26-2018, 10:18 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Let's not kid ourselves on here, that wasn't Arbroath's strongest team either and by all accounts the better and hungrier team won.

Big performance required on Saturday.

Agreed - there was enough quality in our team to deal with that game, but sounds like Arbroath were just more fired up for it and we just had a horrible off-day....

It's how we react to it that will count - there is no way Kett's and Fergie will be happy with that, it's maybe a good thing that it happened now before the season kicks-off, major wake up call that teams will be gunning for us after coming down from the top league.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Good learning curve for our inexperienced management team. Complacency comes from the top. Team selection was based on the idea that we'd already qualified, so last night's game was based on the assumption that the opposition was weak and a chance to give guys a run-out.

It'll be interesting to see what the team is against Alloa which has now turned into a must win game.

Getting knocked out of the cup in an easy qualifying group does not augur well for the league campaign ahead and is not the start we wanted.

Let’s not get too carried away here. There is a fine line to be achieved between giving the full squad valuable pre-season game time and giving the fans what they want ie a win every game.
Doubtless K&S will have taken a good bit of learning from last night. Maybe they may a change or two too far, losing 4 goals is never acceptable, for any reason.

The display second half on Saturday was encouraging and that is more likely to be the main starting 11 (/14)

The Alloa game should be undertaken with our best starting team - if we get thumped then......start panicking.!

Still think we are short of someone big up front for at a minimum a Plan B option.

We actually started quite well- first 20 or so minutes saw us knocking the ball around quite nicely, Vigurs had a couple of lovely switches of play and Mckay, Dow and Midge were all willing to run behind (and all 3 had presentable chances 1 on 1)
Not long after we scored, though, it all fell apart as Arbroath (as physical, niggly and full of hatchet men as you'd expect a Dick Campbell side to be) put us under pressure- on the balance of play in the 1st half they deserved to go in level
The 2nd half doesn't bear writing about, although with the benefit of hindsight I do wonder about taking off Dow, who was actually playing reasonably well and dropping into midfield at times, which allowed him to engage with the Arbroath midfield and thereby creating space for Vigurs to dictate play- with Mcmanus alongside Mckay we had 2 strikers who both wanted to play on the shoulder of the last defender
Even before his red card, Tony Dingwall was struggling to make any sort of impact on the game. He was too eager to cut inside from the right and slow the game down, rather than drive up the touchline and have a go at the left-back- indeed, it was interesting to see debutant Stelios (who should be a useful squad player if not quite good enough to be a guaranteed starter) repeatedly instructing him to push on and give him an option. As for his dive to get the 2nd yellow, he should never have been in a position to go down- again, he was too hesitant to get a shot or cross in. Off to the HL with him, please

Pre match fish supper was excellent, though
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Ach well.

Fergiewell now need to contrive to beat the bogey team Alloa and put that hoodoo to bed while we're at it.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(07-26-2018, 11:27 AM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Good learning curve for our inexperienced management team. Complacency comes from the top. Team selection was based on the idea that we'd already qualified, so last night's game was based on the assumption that the opposition was weak and a chance to give guys a run-out.

It'll be interesting to see what the team is against Alloa which has now turned into a must win game.

Getting knocked out of the cup in an easy qualifying group does not augur well for the league campaign ahead and is not the start we wanted.

You may be partially correct in that we were complacent, but perhaps it was not because we thought we had already qualified. It was perhaps more that the result basically did not matter! Even if we had won, Alloa would still top the group if they beat us outright or drew and won on penalties.(unless we beat Arbroath by at least 3 goals I think) Although beating Arbroath may have helped our chances of finishing as a best runner up if we went on to lose to Alloa, looking at the tables even that would have been a slim hope and would have needed a lot of matches to go our way! It was and still is the case we need to beat Alloa to qualify!

Dreadful result. I remember 2 seasons back travelling to Alloa on a wet Tuesday night to watch a similar game and we were soundly beaten then.
No excuses.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(07-26-2018, 01:44 PM)Ed Wrote: Dreadful result. I remember 2 seasons back travelling to Alloa on a wet Tuesday night to watch a similar game and we were soundly beaten then.
No excuses.

The fewer reminders of that game the better, please. I'm still having flashbacks...

(07-26-2018, 01:44 PM)Ed Wrote: Dreadful result. I remember 2 seasons back travelling to Alloa on a wet Tuesday night to watch a similar game and we were soundly beaten then.
No excuses.

The Alloa manager that night was Jack Ross. I posted after the match that we should try to get him on board. If we had then we would probably still be in the Premiership.