Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Home to Dundee Utd 17/7/18
Messi, Suarez, Iniesta ...na, too small for County.

(07-26-2018, 08:20 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Messi, Suarez, Iniesta ...na, too small for County.

Now your trying to change the context Curran no a Messi schalke no a iniesta Chow Dow nit a Saurez Saurez git a good bite in him lol all the best like your post
Everyone different opinion ????

(07-26-2018, 05:04 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Just an opinion you say you don’t think height is what the team is lacking , in my opinion that is the major problem too small last year proved that ,pumping high balls to two wee guys not good Football Ye we need a big striker and big centre back wecwill miss Fontain arm injury Hood it all works out in the end
Pumped by Arbroath after leading

I think the problem is the pumping high balls, not the players’ heights. Keep the ball on the deck, the centre of midfield with Draper, Vigurs and Paton/Lindsay is the strongest part of the squad. Give them the ball rather that smashing it into the channel.

I don’t think it’s a matter of a big centre half so much as one who can slow things down and bring the ball out from the back/play a decent pass.

(07-26-2018, 09:14 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I think the problem is the pumping high balls, not the players’ heights. Keep the ball on the deck, the centre of midfield with Draper, Vigurs and Paton/Lindsay is the strongest part of the squad. Give them the ball rather that smashing it into the channel.

I don’t think it’s a matter of a big centre half so much as one who can slow things down and bring the ball out from the back/play a decent pass.

Would tend to agree - Boyce wasn't that tall, but was probably one of the most effective forwards we have ever had in our team. Great at holding the ball up, and a superb finisher, and actually a very gifted player with the ball at his feet. His goals kept us in the Premiership, taking that goal threat out of the team was always going to cause us problems.

Would love to find another gem like Liam Boyce.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(07-27-2018, 09:23 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Would tend to agree - Boyce wasn't that tall, but was probably one of the most effective forwards we have ever had in our team. Great at holding the ball up, and a superb finisher, and actually a very gifted player with the ball at his feet. His goals kept us in the Premiership, taking that goal threat out of the team was always going to cause us problems.

Boyce's strength was peeling away from defenders to make his headers either free or virtually unchallenged. Mikkelsen at times showed he was good at that was well, but we never played to his aerial strengths.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(07-27-2018, 09:23 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Would tend to agree - Boyce wasn't that tall, but was probably one of the most effective forwards we have ever had in our team. Great at holding the ball up, and a superb finisher, and actually a very gifted player with the ball at his feet. His goals kept us in the Premiership, taking that goal threat out of the team was always going to cause us problems.

He was taller than Curran ,taller than b Mackay taller than schalke talker than chow , Boyce a great player oh boy if only he woukd walk back into Vicky park

(07-27-2018, 09:39 AM)Despot Wrote: Boyce's strength was peeling away from defenders to make his headers either free or virtually unchallenged. Mikkelsen at times showed he was good at that was well, but we never played to his aerial strengths.

Can't argue with that - don't think Mikkelsen got enough of a chance, my only concern with him was that he went down too easily when challenged for a lad that size....Boyce was also guilty of spending a lot of time on the deck, but he had so much more in his locker.....just a very clever player!

(07-27-2018, 09:40 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: He was taller than Curran ,taller than b Mackay taller than schalke talker than chow , Boyce a great player oh boy if only he woukd walk back into Vicky park

No taller than Declan McManus though, I know we have been looking at strikers but so is every other club and they are always hard to come by, or at least the good ones are.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(07-27-2018, 12:47 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Can't argue with that - don't think Mikkelsen got enough of a chance, my only concern with him was that he went down too easily when challenged for a lad that size....Boyce was also guilty of spending a lot of time on the deck, but he had so much more in his locker.....just a very clever player!

No taller than Declan McManus though, I know we have been looking at strikers but so is every other club and they are always hard to come by, or at least the good ones are.....

And your opinion onnDeclan McManus is
How are you anyway hope things are good