Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County v Elgin City
(07-15-2018, 10:34 PM)the reaper Wrote: Len had a few. Best one, and I can't remember the opposition, was one of their substiutions. The player coming off was at the away end beside the East stand and he walked very slowly across the pitch. Len announced that " whoever it was" was being replaced by ...........long pause from Len as player strolls across pitch.............eventually. Brought the house down.

Lyle Taylor in a 1-2 loss against Partick Thistle, putting an end to that late-season unbeaten run which that kept County in the top flight. I was fizzing at Taylor too much to laugh at the time! Superb goals from outside the box by Stephen O'Donnell and Frederic Frans that day.

(07-16-2018, 09:57 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Lyle Taylor in a 1-2 loss against Partick Thistle, putting an end to that late-season unbeaten run which that kept County in the top flight. I was fizzing at Taylor too much to laugh at the time! Superb goals from outside the box by Stephen O'Donnell and Frederic Frans that day.
Thanks for that. remember that game now.

(07-15-2018, 10:34 PM)the reaper Wrote: Len had a few. Best one, and I can't remember the opposition, was one of their substiutions. The player coming off was at the away end beside the East stand and he walked very slowly across the pitch. Len announced that " whoever it was" was being replaced by ...........long pause from Len as player strolls across pitch.............eventually. Brought the house down.

Len has set a high standard over the years as anouncer. One of his few tangles with the club was his penchant for playing Thieves thieves tramps and thieves when we were at home to the dump dwellers. It was banned from his repertoire. Thanks for your professionalism and occasional sense of humour. Some just don't get it. Sorry to see you go.

Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves.

Aye, he must've been too subtle for some. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

(07-16-2018, 09:42 AM)Forfinn Wrote: One for Staggie2509 as SLO - do the club plan to get anything in place to provide highlights this season? We won't get highlights from the BBC any more, and many lower league clubs seem to manage to do their own, so it should be a no-brainer for a club of our relative size and resources.

Good shout Craig - there’s a camera filming each game in the West Stand filming the games for analysispuposes - surely some of this footage could be edited to get the highlights or at least the goals etc up on the website - will ask the question on behalf of the fans.

As for Len, I attended a recent charity barbecue at Len’s and he’s been thinking about retiring for a while, relegation kind of made up his mind. Len will be missed as he’s been in place for sometime after taking over from “Aultbea” who used to do the announcing. Len had his own classic style and had a great voice for the role. I wish Len all the best for the future - was nice seeing him at the game as a spectator on Saturday.

Our new announcer is a young local DJ called Craig Noble who has worked at MFR and was the announcer at ICT (not a fan) last season.

The lad is really exited about the role and commented on the welcoming atmosphere at Ross County when I met him on Saturday.

Give the lad a chance - he was probably really nervous on Saturday with it being his first stab, I’m meeting up with Craig this week to go over a few things to help the lad out and we’ll see how things go as the season nears it’s KO.

I’m willing to work with Craig to get the best possible build up to our matches so let’s get behind him and give him our support - the club is evolving and Craig will hopefully get better and better as he gets to grips with the job - it’s not an easy job, Len had years to perfect his style.

Please send me emails with genuine feedback for him if you have it - it’s best to help him get acquainted with our club. I’ve already noted some of the comments from here to go over with him, so thanks for the constructive comments.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(07-16-2018, 11:21 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Good shout Craig - there’s a camera filming each game in the West Stand filming the games for analysispuposes - surely some of this footage could be edited to get the highlights or at least the goals etc up on the website - will ask the question on behalf of the fans.

As for Len, I attended a recent charity barbecue at Len’s and he’s been thinking about retiring for a while, relegation kind of made up his mind. Len will be missed as he’s been in place for sometime after taking over from “Aultbea” who used to do the announcing. Len had his own classic style and had a great voice for the role. I wish Len all the best for the future - was nice seeing him at the game as a spectator on Saturday.

Our new announcer is a young local DJ called Craig Noble who has worked at MFR and was the announcer at ICT (not a fan) last season.

The lad is really exited about the role and commented on the welcoming atmosphere at Ross County when I met him on Saturday.

Give the lad a chance - he was probably really nervous on Saturday with it being his first stab, I’m meeting up with Craig this week to go over a few things to help the lad out and we’ll see how things go as the season nears it’s KO.

I’m willing to work with Craig to get the best possible build up to our matches so let’s get behind him and give him our support - the club is evolving and Craig will hopefully get better and better as he gets to grips with the job - it’s not an easy job, Len had years to perfect his style.

Please send me emails with genuine feedback for him if you have it - it’s best to help him get acquainted with our club. I’ve already noted some of the comments from here to go over with him, so thanks for the constructive comments.

Try get him to change the song when we score, that jailender song isn’t ticking my boxes

(, 12:26 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Try get him to change the song when we score, that jailender song isn’t ticking my boxes

Club have put out a tweet asking for suggestions for songs when we score - there’s been a few suggestions already so that’s something they are already looking to change.

I think music is an area where we will always struggle to please everyone - but I’m hoping I can help Craig in that area.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I don't know the demographics of the spectators at home games, but looking around I'd say there were a lot more in the over 45s. More men than women clearly. Some younger kids. Not so many teenagers to 35s. Could be totally wrong of course.

So our new young man, Craig, should find out who his audience are. They're almost certainly not disco goers or clubbers. Music shouldn't be so loud that people can't even discuss the game with each other at half time. Listeners want to hear the half-time scores and to be able to understand what he's saying, so clearer and slower I would think.

I didn't know Len and didn't even know his name, but he'll be a hard act to follow.

Music after a goal is just a fabricated effort to make some atmosphere. Hopefully get ride of that pronto.

Photo 
()LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Music after a goal is just a fabricated effort to make some atmosphere. Hopefully get ride of that pronto.

Hope you have a joyful evening Mr LeftBoot!

I have seen the future and it's a County win, 1 - 0, Ryan Dow.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

()Les Westander Wrote: Hope you have a joyful evening Mr LeftBoot!

I have seen the future and it's a County win, 1 - 0, Ryan Dow.

Got the assist, so close!
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.