Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County v Elgin City
Here we go new season with only Vigurs missing through injury it will be interesting to see what the team is we should win Mon the Staggies

Agreed. Mon the Staggies.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Looking forward to seeing how we line up.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(07-11-2018, 07:58 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Here we go new season with only Vigurs missing through injury it will be interesting to see what the team is we should win Mon the Staggies

I think he had wee op but now back in training ,and will be fit for opening ofvseason

I'm backing an Elgin win......

In the 4:45 at Newmarket today
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(07-13-2018, 12:00 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: I'm backing an Elgin win......

In the 4:45 at Newmarket today

Might do the double Haven't they beaten us recently?

MATCH INFO | Both Staggies Bar and The Hamilton Lounge will be open for tomorrow's home cup tie against Elgin City FC.

Red Poppy will also be serving food pre and post match for anyone looking for lunch / supper.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(07-13-2018, 03:45 PM)Skipper's Covie Wrote: Might do the double Haven't they beaten us recently?

Only one I can remember was in the Challenge Cup six or seven years ago.

(07-13-2018, 09:03 PM)Despot Wrote: Only one I can remember was in the Challenge Cup six or seven years ago.

Aye,lad from Avoch who we released tore us a new one!

Wonder will the club have a minites silence or applause for our late manager Neale Cooper today.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(07-14-2018, 08:35 AM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Wonder will the club have a minites silence or applause for our late manager Neale Cooper today.

Yes a minute's applause before the game.

It'll be interesting to see the new players.

(07-14-2018, 08:35 AM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Wonder will the club have a minites silence or applause for our late manager Neale Cooper today.

Great news - shame we haven't followed Hartlepool's approach and named a stand after him though. Proper legend of the club.

Anyone able to say who's in our starting XI?

An encouraging performance today - no more. Elgin looked a really poor team, but you can only beat what's in front of you. Also....

Tony Dingwall started a game.

I REPEAT - TONY DINGWALL STARTED A GAME.

Strange game really. We were so much better than them and should have scored a bagful of goals. It was so easy we tried walking the ball into the net.
So was it so easy because we were really good or were they so bad? Bit of both. We moved round the park freely with a very fluid midfield.
Just the last pass let us down although we created chance after chance.

The game on Tuesday night will be a better gauge of the quality of our team.

(07-14-2018, 03:41 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Anyone able to say who's in our starting XI?
Exactly as I predicted in the Clach match thread, with McManus coming in upfront
PM me for this week's lottery numbers
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

No bad performances, Morris + Fontaine look a good partnership, Mullin took his goal well, liked Fraser charging down the wing- he just needs to keep going to the byline rather than cutting inside.

One minor thing- who on earth played McManus onside? From where we were sitting in the West Stand he looked miles offside.

Any thoughts on the new stadium announcer ? For me better music than Len played

(07-14-2018, 10:52 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Any thoughts on the new stadium announcer ? For me better music than Len played

Funny you should ask. Speaking as a paid up member of the old fogies and talking to others around, I thought the music was awful. It was so loud you could barely have a conversation with your mates. Also I could hardly catch what he said . He sounded like he thought he was a dj in a night club, not a stadium announcer.

(07-14-2018, 11:04 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Funny you should ask. Speaking as a paid up member of the old fogies and talking to others around, I thought the music was awful. It was so loud you could barely have a conversation with your mates. Also I could hardly catch what he said . He sounded like he thought he was a dj in a night club, not a stadium announcer.

I thought he was eating tge mike ,someone tell him too near his mouth lol,but if your slightly deaf you won’t catch onto conversation