Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County v Elgin City
(07-14-2018, 10:52 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Any thoughts on the new stadium announcer ? For me better music than Len played

Generic performance.

If the Bay City Rollers is your kind of thing though fair enough.

Len would get a witty line in slanted at our opposition every so often which brings a wee bit of substance, he basically brought a tone of someone who you could tell knew the team we're watching.

New guy sounds like he's copied the Hampden guy, which will become mind numbingly annoying.

(07-14-2018, 10:52 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Any thoughts on the new stadium announcer ? For me better music than Len played
Has Len retired then?

(07-15-2018, 10:29 AM)Fozzie Wrote: Has Len retired then?
Yes he has retired

(07-14-2018, 11:04 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Funny you should ask. Speaking as a paid up member of the old fogies and talking to others around, I thought the music was awful. It was so loud you could barely have a conversation with your mates. Also I could hardly catch what he said . He sounded like he thought he was a dj in a night club, not a stadium announcer.
he is a dj in a night club in Inverness I can’t remember what one tho he was also up till last season the stadium announcer at Caley till last season for those of you who recognise his voice

(07-14-2018, 08:11 PM)Despot Wrote: One minor thing- who on earth played McManus onside? From where we were sitting in the West Stand he looked miles offside.

Also thought he might have been off-side from my view in the West Stand, but the last touch might have been from an Elgin player. Happy to be corrected if anyone had a better view.

(07-14-2018, 07:08 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: We moved round the park freely with a very fluid midfield.
Just the last pass let us down although we created chance after chance.

Lacking someone to pick the final incisive pass. Bit like England at the WC.

(07-15-2018, 10:36 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Yes he has retired

he is a dj in a night club in Inverness I can’t remember what one tho he was also up till last season the stadium announcer at Caley till last season for those of you who recognise his voice

He's a DJ in a nightclub?

"Come on County fans... put your hands in the air like you just don't care.... big up to the West Stand massif who are going out largin it in Marybank tonight!"

The sound quality is so poor in the Jailend it's difficult to hear what is going on. This was something Len was very disappointed with - that he wasn't consulted when they put in the new system a few years back.

Len would certainly have built-up the minutes applause for Cooper, with perhaps mention of his achievements. Instead it was just "and now we will have a minutes applause..."

Anyway I'm not dissing the new guy, he will need some guidance before he is a fully fledged member of the "Ross County way".

As for the game, should have scored more, Gardyne sharp, Fraser good and looking to break into box whenever he could. McManus impressive. Elgin keeper did well.

I'm looking forward to seeing Stelios at LB (although thought Kelly did fine), and Mullin (can we stop calling him Mullins) starting, and Vigurs obviously.

Ferglewell are still looking for another striker.

(07-15-2018, 01:05 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: He's a DJ in a nightclub?

"... largin it in Marybank tonight!"

Woohoo bigging it up in the Balloan House, them were the days Smile

(07-15-2018, 01:31 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: The sound quality is so poor in the Jailend it's difficult to hear what is going on. This was something Len was very disappointed with - that he wasn't consulted when they put in the new system a few years back.

Len would certainly have built-up the minutes applause for Cooper, with perhaps mention of his achievements. Instead it was just "and now we will have a minutes applause..."

Anyway I'm not dissing the new guy, he will need some guidance before he is a fully fledged member of the "Ross County way".

As for the game, should have scored more, Gardyne sharp, Fraser good and looking to break into box whenever he could. McManus impressive. Elgin keeper did well.

I'm looking forward to seeing Stelios at LB (although thought Kelly did fine), and Mullin (can we stop calling him Mullins) starting, and Vigurs obviously.

Ferglewell are still looking for another striker.

The music was appalling- dumbstruck...
Enjoyed seeing Tony Dingwall getting enthusiastically involved. Nice to see muscular centre forward in Elvis McManus. Morris looked very composed, Midge busily creating alongside slimline Draper.

(07-15-2018, 09:46 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Generic performance.

If the Bay City Rollers is your kind of thing though fair enough.

Len would get a witty line in slanted at our opposition every so often which brings a wee bit of substance, he basically brought a tone of someone who you could tell knew the team we're watching.

New guy sounds like he's copied the Hampden guy, which will become mind numbingly annoying.

Never heard Len with any witty lines but Sugar Kennedy in Victoria lounge great with one liners
If people are nit happy turn up at meeting and air your thoughts

I thought the music was far better, he, however was incomprehensible.

It took until the second attempt to figure out what 50/50 number has been pulled out, the first attempt was just gibberish to me.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

"Come on County fans... put your hands in the air like you just don't care.... big up to the West Stand massif who are going out largin it in Marybank tonight!"
Yes in Inverness don’t know that one

Get the Cottage jumping, what I like to hear.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Please don’t jest, that’s what it’s like.... It’s got a scream if you wanna go fasta vibe.

http://www.elgincity.net/?page_id=4854

Highlights from the game ...puzzles me how a club the size of Elgin can produce match highlights yet we can’t

(07-15-2018, 08:16 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm away on holiday atm, and trying to find out how my team is looking going into the new season but some of you guys make the old grumpy gits sound like happy clappers.

Typical County, if you can't tut about the game, tut about .....

The guy talking over the speakers, that sounds reasonable enough (pun intented)

What a whining bunch of B☆☆☆☆☆☆, if only we'd lost or drawn, then you could really get your sad teeth in, C♤♡◇♧!

In our (the grumpy git collective) defence the game was pretty non-descript. Elgin set up to stifle us, and make it hard to beat them. Two banks of four sitting deep, I dont think they had one shot on target? We passed the ball around well, and scored two decent goals but it had a real pre-season friendly feel about it.

There is no way Tony Dingwall will play in the centre of midfield if Vigurs is fit. Surprised Billy MacKay didnt start up front also.

Therefore if you werent at the game maybe you shouldnt be so shirty to those that were.

.......And yes, the stadium announcer would be more akin to the walzters, and the music was deafening.

(07-15-2018, 02:15 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Never heard Len with any witty lines but Sugar Kennedy in Victoria lounge great with one liners
If people are nit happy turn up at meeting and air your thoughts

Len had a few. Best one, and I can't remember the opposition, was one of their substiutions. The player coming off was at the away end beside the East stand and he walked very slowly across the pitch. Len announced that " whoever it was" was being replaced by ...........long pause from Len as player strolls across pitch.............eventually. Brought the house down.

Len has set a high standard over the years as anouncer. One of his few tangles with the club was his penchant for playing Thieves thieves tramps and thieves when we were at home to the dump dwellers. It was banned from his repertoire. Thanks for your professionalism and occasional sense of humour. Some just don't get it. Sorry to see you go.

Hmmm, does look off side but it is a nice move.

(07-15-2018, 11:21 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Hmmm, does look off side but it is a nice move.

Nah, have now watched it several times. Both the defenders claiming off-side were playing him on.

Two assists for Fraser.

(07-15-2018, 09:07 PM)Embogary Wrote: http://www.elgincity.net/?page_id=4854

Highlights from the game ...puzzles me how a club the size of Elgin can produce match highlights yet we can’t

One for Staggie2509 as SLO - do the club plan to get anything in place to provide highlights this season? We won't get highlights from the BBC any more, and many lower league clubs seem to manage to do their own, so it should be a no-brainer for a club of our relative size and resources.