Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SEASON TICKET INCREASE - THANKS TO ALL SUPPORTERS
PERSONALLY THINK THIS IS A BRILLIANT SHOW OF SUPPORT AND SOLIDARITY GOING INTO THE NEW SEASON - WELL DONE ALL!

THANK YOU FROM MANAGEMENT AND CHAIRMAN BELOW ->

Senior figures at Ross County Football Club have today come together to publicly thank supporters for backing the club's vision of reclaiming its spot in the Ladbrokes Premiership at first time of asking. With overall season ticket sales up over 10 per cent on last season already - with a number of renewals still pending and with over a month still to go until the start of the Staggies league campaign, co-manager, Steven Ferguson, speaking from the club’s pre-season training camp in Holland, said:

"Myself and Stuart are delighted with the backing the club has received from the fans over the close season. They were brilliant in the face of a difficult period for the club last season - and the backing they gave us until the very last game was incredible. But of course we were all a bit tentative waiting to see how season ticket sales would be this summer.

"Most clubs that are relegated see a drop in sales but from week one it was clear the supporters were as enthusiastic as ourselves and the Chairman about the challenge ahead.

"It's important to us that the fans know how much we appreciate them buying their season tickets," added Ferguson. "It's contributed to us being able to take the players away for pre-season, which is a really important part of our preparation. And of course it's allowed us to put together a hungry, talented squad with the right attributes to see us competing at the top end of the Championship from day one. That was our vision ever since we were appointed and it's great to see supporters are on the same page as us.

"The atmosphere in the squad and around the club in pre-season is better than we could have hoped for and we can't wait to get going in the 2018/19 season.”

Chairman, Roy MacGregor, said: "As a club we have been absolutely delighted with the number of season tickets sold to date. We weren't sure what to expect after being relegated from the Premiership last season to be perfectly honest. But we've been taken aback by the increase in numbers. I'd just like to personally thank each and every season ticket holder for backing us and showing their support as we get set for what I think will be one of the most exciting seasons for the club since 2015/16 when we won the League Cup.

"I'd privately hoped our community and fanbase would react like this - it's what us Highlanders are like -- we rise to a challenge," added MacGregor. "But to see this level of support is really humbling. With our competitive pricing and with finance options available allowing fans to spread payment of their season tickets over ten instalments we are also working with our supporters to remove as many barriers as possible to those wanting to renew or buy their first season ticket.

"I want all our season ticket holders to know that we appreciate every ticket sold and that selling so many tickets so early in pre-season had a really positive impact on Steven and Stuart's playing budget - and will continue to, with every penny from ticket sales allocated to the playing budget.

"Actually, I think the quality of signings they have brought in has been one of the main contributing factors in the increase in ticket sales," concluded MacGregor.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

All very positive for the new season - but can you share an idea of what actual numbers of season tickets this means, or would they have to Novachok you for telling?
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Hopefully this proves the club are getting it right with competitive pricing and packages which are making it more affordable for families.
The price of football in Scotland had/still has gotten ridiculous.

Also, Novachok is a tremendous name for a metal band.

(07-05-2018, 10:09 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: PERSONALLY THINK THIS IS A BRILLIANT SHOW OF SUPPORT AND SOLIDARITY GOING INTO THE NEW SEASON - WELL DONE ALL!

THANK YOU FROM MANAGEMENT AND CHAIRMAN BELOW ->

Senior figures at Ross County Football Club have today come together to publicly thank supporters for backing the club's vision of reclaiming its spot in the Ladbrokes Premiership at first time of asking. With overall season ticket sales up over 10 per cent on last season already - with a number of renewals still pending and with over a month still to go until the start of the Staggies league campaign, co-manager, Steven Ferguson, speaking from the club’s pre-season training camp in Holland, said:

"Myself and Stuart are delighted with the backing the club has received from the fans over the close season. They were brilliant in the face of a difficult period for the club last season - and the backing they gave us until the very last game was incredible. But of course we were all a bit tentative waiting to see how season ticket sales would be this summer.

"Most clubs that are relegated see a drop in sales but from week one it was clear the supporters were as enthusiastic as ourselves and the Chairman about the challenge ahead.

"It's important to us that the fans know how much we appreciate them buying their season tickets," added Ferguson. "It's contributed to us being able to take the players away for pre-season, which is a really important part of our preparation. And of course it's allowed us to put together a hungry, talented squad with the right attributes to see us competing at the top end of the Championship from day one. That was our vision ever since we were appointed and it's great to see supporters are on the same page as us.

"The atmosphere in the squad and around the club in pre-season is better than we could have hoped for and we can't wait to get going in the 2018/19 season.”

Chairman, Roy MacGregor, said: "As a club we have been absolutely delighted with the number of season tickets sold to date. We weren't sure what to expect after being relegated from the Premiership last season to be perfectly honest. But we've been taken aback by the increase in numbers. I'd just like to personally thank each and every season ticket holder for backing us and showing their support as we get set for what I think will be one of the most exciting seasons for the club since 2015/16 when we won the League Cup.

"I'd privately hoped our community and fanbase would react like this - it's what us Highlanders are like -- we rise to a challenge," added MacGregor. "But to see this level of support is really humbling. With our competitive pricing and with finance options available allowing fans to spread payment of their season tickets over ten instalments we are also working with our supporters to remove as many barriers as possible to those wanting to renew or buy their first season ticket.

"I want all our season ticket holders to know that we appreciate every ticket sold and that selling so many tickets so early in pre-season had a really positive impact on Steven and Stuart's playing budget - and will continue to, with every penny from ticket sales allocated to the playing budget.

"Actually, I think the quality of signings they have brought in has been one of the main contributing factors in the increase in ticket sales," concluded MacGregor.
So the management team had a vision from the day they were appointed which was to put together a hungry squad to compete at the top end of the championship.I think the supporters had higher hopes than that when they were appointed..

(07-05-2018, 11:56 AM)Les Westander Wrote: All very positive for the new season - but can you share an idea of what actual numbers of season tickets this means, or would they have to Novachok you for telling?

I believe an additional 200 season tickets sold compared to last year with still time to go before the season kicks off - that's pretty impressive given we were relegated!!

(07-06-2018, 03:58 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I believe an additional 200 season tickets sold compared to last year with still time to go before the season kicks off - that's pretty impressive given we were relegated!!

The thought that we could be at the right end of the table winning games rather than another season of SPL drudgery at the wrong end is no doubt a factor in that.

As much as everyone wants to see us play at the highest level possible the novelty of having the big teams up has long since passed when we're consistently getting beat by them. The best times watching County have been on the way up, expectancy levels have changed since everything we've achieved however so people are without doubt buying them expecting us to be firing them in at the top end of the table from the off. There's going to be a lot of pressure if we're not I think.

(07-07-2018, 07:58 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: ...There's going to be a lot of pressure if we're not I think.

We're going to see a lot of teams coming up to Viccy park and really sitting in for a draw, the ability to get that opening goal and open the game up is going to be our main challenge.

The standard of opposition isn't going to be as high as last season but it would be naive of the club or supporters alike to think we'll just muscle our way past teams. A steady start to the season is vital for the club and the future of Ferg and Kets.

Are Billy McKay or Declan McManus going to be able to supply the "VITAL" opening goals that we'll require, well I hope so but the jury is still out.

Billy Mackay will score 20+.

I'm willing to be quoted on that come May 2019

A strong steady start to the season is paramount but nobody should be under any illusion that we'll just walk it back up to the Premiership - for me the attraction of the Premiership as it stands has gone, unless that league is extended to 16 teams (at least) then the competition is not there......playing teams 4 times is just giving the two teams the opportunity to gain a points haul that they wouldn't be able to get if teams only played each other twice....

Looking forward to the season ahead and watching how the Championship unfolds and who ends up where in the top end of the league....it's a more exciting prospect for me