Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
Irn-Bru Cup
(03-25-2019, 12:00 AM)tattiedave Wrote: I was commenting that the grass appeared long,ball was not moving quick on the deck,but we won

Highland League teams are in it

Not sure if the Groundsman has left? having said that Tommy has been there for decades, Tommy knows his mowers, must have forgot to sharpen the blades.
But on the subject, others that have resigned/left in the last few weeks.
Chief Executive resigned.
Danny Macdonald resigned.
Ronnie Duncan resigned.
Andy Johnstone resigned.
Evelyn Brown resigned.
Graeme Cooper resigned.
Daniel Lamond resigned.
Calum Ferguson resigned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiM0fhJw...e=youtu.be

Highlights up of the game now (not in gaelic or welsh).

That first goal, I have no idea what Fraser was thinking.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Probably due to the water logging, the pitch was very uneven and bobbly, which affected County's attempts to play football at times - including one of Graham's strikes on goal.

For the first half and into the second, the team seemed a bit shot-shy to me, even when things were starting to open up in the final third.

But ultimately a deserved win of the game and of the Irn Bru Cup - well done !
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Delighted we won but also glad the nomads made a game of it for the cameras, Mullin for player of the year? I for one feel this cup format is fine but echo others views of potentially ditching colt teams and replacing them with highland and lowland league teams

(03-26-2019, 01:12 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Delighted we won but also glad the nomads made a game of it for the cameras, Mullin for player of the year? I for one feel this cup format is fine but echo others views of potentially ditching colt teams and replacing them with highland and lowland league teams

??

The teams from 1st to 4th positions in the Highland League and Lowland League all played in this competition.

Really enjoyed the trip home and was a great day out. Took the hospitality tickets to treat the folks, and this made for a very enjoyable day and well worth it.

I was a little surprised at the attendance, thought there would have been more interest in the game since it was on our doorstep. Good game and glad we came out in the second half and always looked like scoring after HT. Nomads are a frustrating bunch to watch, hate watching hatchet men like that. Fair play to them at their fans for taking the contest seriously and will keep an eye out on their results now and hope they win their league.

Following on from that point, I think it is great the new format to be honest as it gives a bit of spice to a competition that for some clearly needs it, i.e. looking at attendances and general view of it all. I heard there was a few of the Nomad fans at Viccy park getting photos at the stadium and in the shop, surely this what football should be all about. Hopefully they will keep the same format next year and we can interact with a club(s) that is not the norm.

That was my first (and likely only) time at Caley Park. Thank goodness it was a warm day, must be horrific watching football there on a winters day.

Great to catch up with some of you guys on here too, does not happen often enough. I really need to get home and get a season ticket. Anyone in the marine industry can give me a job!!!!!!??

Oh, watching the game back on BBC Alba, what planet is Craig Beattie on at times? Some of his views and comment are bizarre to outrageous at times and clearly not a fan of us!!!

(03-26-2019, 10:40 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: Really enjoyed the trip home and was a great day out. Took the hospitality tickets to treat the folks, and this made for a very enjoyable day and well worth it.

I was a little surprised at the attendance, thought there would have been more interest in the game since it was on our doorstep. Good game and glad we came out in the second half and always looked like scoring after HT. Nomads are a frustrating bunch to watch, hate watching hatchet men like that. Fair play to them at their fans for taking the contest seriously and will keep an eye out on their results now and hope they win their league.

Following on from that point, I think it is great the new format to be honest as it gives a bit of spice to a competition that for some clearly needs it, i.e. looking at attendances and general view of it all. I heard there was a few of the Nomad fans at Viccy park getting photos at the stadium and in the shop, surely this what football should be all about. Hopefully they will keep the same format next year and we can interact with a club(s) that is not the norm.

That was my first (and likely only) time at Caley Park. Thank goodness it was a warm day, must be horrific watching football there on a winters day.

Great to catch up with some of you guys on here too, does not happen often enough. I really need to get home and get a season ticket. Anyone in the marine industry can give me a job!!!!!!??

Oh, watching the game back on BBC Alba, what planet is Craig Beattie on at times? Some of his views and comment are bizarre to outrageous at times and clearly not a fan of us!!!

What planet is Craig Beattie on at times? Some of his views and comment are bizarre to outrageous at times and clearly not a fan of us!!!
Sir, I could not agree more, here was me thinking is it just me.
Who is Craig Beattie anyway?

(03-26-2019, 10:03 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: ??

The teams from 1st to 4th positions in the Highland League and Lowland League all played in this competition.

Should of explained further , I feel we need to get rid of the colt teams and replace them with highland and lowland league e.g take out 12 colt teams add in 6 more from each highland and lowland leagues