Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Irn-Bru Cup
Does anyone know when the draw is or have our illustrious sfa not considered it important enough to plan that far in advance.

Tuesday at 1PM.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(10-14-2018, 01:02 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Does anyone know when the draw is or have our illustrious sfa not considered it important enough to plan that far in advance.

The SFA haven't planned it because it's not their draw to plan- it's the SPFL that run the competition
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(10-13-2018, 07:29 PM)NVACA Wrote: I actually thought in the second half Dingwall was good and actually trying to make things happen and generally succeeding down the right hand side. Looked for the forward pass or the cross if he was in position to do so. Not a lot he can do if the ball is rarely passed out to him, he ended up having to cut in quite far to get close to the action.

He was constantly ignored by the other players when calling for a pass out wide and even when offering to take throw ins was getting completely blanked. On one occasion Stewart chased the ball to the side, looked at Dingwall about 4 feet from him on the sideline offering to take the throw, ignored him talking to him and looked over his head to throw the ball to Draper. Results in two players at the side of the pitch, neither of which could get back into position instantly, and the ball going back to the halfway line instead of into the final third. I don't know, I could be reading too much into it but he looks like he was being frozen out by the players for whatever reason.

Game was decently entertaining until County stopped trying about half an hour before the end, Montrose were pretty poor and we should probably have had another couple. Was good to see some youth players getting some game time though, seemed to fit in alright, although the game was largely dead by the time the subs were made.

I thought Tony played quite well too, his deep cross for Stewart's second goal (that the wee lino called as offside) was a great ball in.

I never noticed Tony being ignored as such.
For the throw-in I thought Stewart was just going for a quick throw-in to stop Montrose getting 10 men organised in defence again.
And for general play, I thought that Tony saw as much of the ball as Stelios on the other side (if not more), we just seemed happier playing the ball through the middle with the fullbacks very high and wide to stretch Montrose.
Really didn't think he looked like he was being frozen out - more that it was a bit of a training match so folk had the confidence to try and play it through the middle.

Even McManus looked really frustrated near the end, wanting the ball and not getting it as much as he wanted (I imagine he was desperate for a goal).
I think it was one of those games where everyone wanted on the ball, and if youre playing leftback or rightback (like Stelios and Tony) you're near the back of the queue in games like this.

Away to Motherwell Colts?

(10-16-2018, 01:14 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: Away to Motherwell Colts?

Yep, really should win this cup quite easily.

(10-16-2018, 02:40 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Yep, really should win this cup quite easily.

Dont Jinx it.

Photo 
(10-16-2018, 02:40 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Yep, really should win this cup quite easily.

Hmm. Motherwell Colts may be quite capable - this is a banana skin if we lull ourselves into thinking otherwise.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(10-17-2018, 10:46 AM)Les Westander Wrote: Hmm. Motherwell Colts may be quite capable - this is a banana skin if we lull ourselves into thinking otherwise.

We should not be getting beat by a colt side, even with our fringe players.