Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
Irn-Bru Cup
I think given a run in the team McManus will come good. Would also give Ross Stewart a run.
However, these injuries are not good and if we don't start picking up points we'll be left mid table and out of it.

(11-22-2018, 01:09 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: I think given a run in the team McManus will come good. Would also give Ross Stewart a run.
However, these injuries are not good and if we don't start picking up points we'll be left mid table and out of it.

Must say I agree, we are down to bare bones , hope we reach January window still in touch ,it is then Roy’s ambition will be tested ,gamble bring players in pay the wage required to get back up , or stay as we are in championship , injuries are costing us Praying for a wee good break getting points ,mon County .

The only addition I'd consider would be a very good centre half: i.e. only someone better than what we already have.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(11-25-2018, 04:51 PM)Les Westander Wrote: The only addition I'd consider would be a very good centre half: i.e. only someone better than what we already have.

We've got the best defense in the league, not sure that's a priority.
Perhaps a season long loan to cover the loss of Fontaine.
I'd rather see us go for a speedy winger to supply some decent balls into the box.

I think it's this cup, did anyone else notice that the Bo's East Fife match was called off today.

(02-02-2019, 05:38 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I think it's this cup, did anyone else notice that the Bo's East Fife match was called off today.

Yes.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Called off 4 mins before kick off with East Fife fans there in number and teams ready to go. Just give East Fife a bye and stop this carry on, not sure they'll be able to reschedule before we're due to play the winner!

(02-02-2019, 05:38 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I think it's this cup, did anyone else notice that the Bo's East Fife match was called off today.

Yes,this is now a prob,total shambles . Plus the curry night must be in jeopardy ,how can they fit this game in before the 15th!

(02-02-2019, 06:16 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Yes,this is now a prob,total shambles . Plus the curry night must be in jeopardy ,how can they fit this game in before the 15th!

I did hear that they hoped to get the game on tomorrow either at Bohemians ground or at an all weather pitch. Doubt that will happen.

Only other option would be next weekend but as it's Scottish Cup weekend and they are meant to have Partick so I doubt that will happen. Should have thrown Bohemians out the moment they looked to get game rescheduled till now, as they were well aware of when they were approached to take part in the competition. So the whole we are on our winter shutdown doesn't wash with me, as Bohemians still ain't even back playing yet.

They are making a mockery of things.

(02-02-2019, 07:58 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: I did hear that they hoped to get the game on tomorrow either at Bohemians ground or at an all weather pitch. Doubt that will happen.

Only other option would be next weekend but as it's Scottish Cup weekend and they are meant to have Partick so I doubt that will happen. Should have thrown Bohemians out the moment they looked to get game rescheduled till now, as they were well aware of when they were approached to take part in the competition. So the whole we are on our winter shutdown doesn't wash with me, as Bohemians still ain't even back playing yet.

They are making a mockery of things.

Yeah when they couldn't fulfill the original date they should have been binned. They must have known dates when they entered,and also the SPFL should have seen this possibility when inviting them. East Fife fans are furious,one was quoted saying it was called off 4 mins from kick off!

What an absolute shambles!

(02-02-2019, 08:11 PM)tattiedave Wrote: East Fife fans are furious,one was quoted saying it was called off 4 mins from kick off!

Looking at Bohemians twitter page the announcement was at 2:53pm, so by the time they got that news to fans it may have been just before 3pm. Really feel for those East Fife fans travelling all that way. Someone said there was about 500 of them over for it too.

At least they can have multiple overpriced pints in Dublin.

It's bad enough getting a game called off while you're travelling in Scotland, let alone to another country.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

SFA supposed to be meeting today to rearrange bohemians vs east fife fixture, wonder what the outcome will be and if it will affect our scheduled fixture on the 15th, east fife have a Scottish cup game next Saturday which may take priority and i wonder if east fife can fulfill a midweek fixture in Ireland being a part time club, hope they are also suitably recompensed after Saturday's fiasco and if it will have any impact on foreign clubs being in the competition in the future, ( not that we'll be in it hopefully)

It's worth noting that both the SPFL website and the BBC still actually show our game v Falkirk scheduled to be played on the 16th. Appears it may not have been cancelled yet with this possibility having been in mind.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Surely Bohemians need to take the rap for this for agreeing to compete when the dates propose fell outwith their season. Maybe they expected a jaunt to Scotland then papped out in the early rounds?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Bohemians pull out so bring on East Fife.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Looking forward to the East Fife game now. I wonder what team we will put out, will we rest players/try some fringe players??

(02-12-2019, 09:44 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Looking forward to the East Fife game now. I wonder what team we will put out, will we rest players/try some fringe players??

Vigurs may get a run out at some point.

(02-12-2019, 09:44 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Looking forward to the East Fife game now. I wonder what team we will put out, will we rest players/try some fringe players??

It's a semi-final, but I wonder how many people will turn up for this one. I think we'll have to sit in the West Stand again. The stated aim is to win this trophy but now that we have this game on the 15th, the replay with Caley on the 19th, PT away on the 23rd and Ayr on the 26th, that's a lot of games in a short time! Arguably, the most important game is the last one when we're bound to have a few more injuries and a lot of tired legs.

Of course I hope we beat East Fife, which we should do, and Caley in the replay, but the league and getting back up surely have to take precedence. I don't think the draw on Monday pleased either side to be honest.

So on Friday I don't expect to see many of our regular first teamers starting the game,