Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Irn-Bru Cup
Montrose are coming to Dingwall this Saturday.

BTW
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

That's nice of them. Let's send them home with a present. The £5.5k prize money for getting eliminated in the 3rd round perhaps?
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

I don't like having to sit in the West Stand and the weather forecast isn't great! Hope this one's not as one sided as the last one.

(10-12-2018, 07:24 AM)It's Only A Game Wrote: I don't like having to sit in the West Stand and the weather forecast isn't great! Hope this one's not as one sided as the last one.

I hope every County game is one sided. I hope we do a compete Israel on them.

(10-12-2018, 12:38 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I hope every County game is one sided. I hope we do a compete Israel on them.

I hope you mean in a footballing term...

Anyone at the game today?
I'm just heading off on holiday so wasn't in attendance. I've never known this place to be so quiet, especially on a match day!

Radio Scotland told me that Stewart opened the scoring, followed by DKD, followed by a Montrose goal, followed by a second for DKD in the second half and then I suspect the game was seen out. 3- 1.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

An accomplished performance as expected, that had the feel of pre season friendly about it. The bit part players held there own, in particular Stewart and DK-D who took there goals well. Draper at CB was decent, although the Montrose goal could and should have been prevented.

I have to question Tony Dingwall’s future in the team though, he looked like a boy amongst men. However, a small negative in what was a solid performance.

Nothing much more you can to SK's post match comments, job done, positives in Stewart getting his first goal and DKD getting two, and 3 of the young guys getting some game time in the 2nd half.
A forgettable game in the pissing rain.

Felt a like a friendly, we did enough and that was it.

The rain was horrible.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(10-13-2018, 05:57 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I have to question Tony Dingwall’s future in the team though, he looked like a boy amongst men. However, a small negative in what was a solid performance.

I actually thought in the second half Dingwall was good and actually trying to make things happen and generally succeeding down the right hand side. Looked for the forward pass or the cross if he was in position to do so. Not a lot he can do if the ball is rarely passed out to him, he ended up having to cut in quite far to get close to the action.

He was constantly ignored by the other players when calling for a pass out wide and even when offering to take throw ins was getting completely blanked. On one occasion Stewart chased the ball to the side, looked at Dingwall about 4 feet from him on the sideline offering to take the throw, ignored him talking to him and looked over his head to throw the ball to Draper. Results in two players at the side of the pitch, neither of which could get back into position instantly, and the ball going back to the halfway line instead of into the final third. I don't know, I could be reading too much into it but he looks like he was being frozen out by the players for whatever reason.

Game was decently entertaining until County stopped trying about half an hour before the end, Montrose were pretty poor and we should probably have had another couple. Was good to see some youth players getting some game time though, seemed to fit in alright, although the game was largely dead by the time the subs were made.

I was there, but I thought Stewart scored a double not DKD! Tony was much better in the 2nd half but is a long way from forcing Mullin out of the side.
Weather was grim, fair play to the fans that made the effort to watch this game, it was like a training session tbh.

(10-12-2018, 07:24 AM)It's Only A Game Wrote: I don't like having to sit in the West Stand and the weather forecast isn't great! Hope this one's not as one sided as the last one.

And what is your beef with west Stand

(10-13-2018, 08:38 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I was there, but I thought Stewart scored a double not DKD!

Stadium announcer thought so too! And yeah, Mullin > Dingwall definitely

(10-13-2018, 09:37 PM)NVACA Wrote: Stadium announcer thought so too! And yeah, Mullin > Dingwall definitely

It is a team game managers giving all players a run in team good for them all

What was Fergie shouting at Tony today? Thought he was telling him to run at Montrose? He looked confused about whatever it was. I thought Tony on the whole did okay, but once again, just doesn't seem to have enough about him to be a real first team player. Vigurs sprayed a few beauties as well in bursts. Fonts playing up front at times was amusing, must have been bored with the lack of work.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Buff, just used to seeing the game from the other side - much better class of supporter :-) In fact quite enjoyed sitting in the fancy seats with armrests today.
Game was as expected. More like a training game . We did enough and not much more. Very similar to the previous round. Can't blame the players or management for that. And the weather was rank.
Shoot me down, but I'm still not convinced about the need for Don. In a game like that, with his class and experience, he should have stood out, but he didn't.
Can't wait for next week when we'll have a proper competitive game and by 5pm on Saturday we'll be top of the league.

(10-13-2018, 09:37 PM)NVACA Wrote: Stadium announcer thought so too! And yeah, Mullin > Dingwall definitely

You were clearly paying attention in the maths class in the real Dingwall Academy.

Good chance of winning the cup with the teams remaining I hope (don’t want to jinx it) but an away trip to Dublin would be nice! No doubt we’ll end up with Motherwell U21s away though

(10-13-2018, 07:29 PM)NVACA Wrote: I actually thought in the second half Dingwall was good and actually trying to make things happen and generally succeeding down the right hand side. Looked for the forward pass or the cross if he was in position to do so. Not a lot he can do if the ball is rarely passed out to him, he ended up having to cut in quite far to get close to the action.

He was constantly ignored by the other players when calling for a pass out wide and even when offering to take throw ins was getting completely blanked. On one occasion Stewart chased the ball to the side, looked at Dingwall about 4 feet from him on the sideline offering to take the throw, ignored him talking to him and looked over his head to throw the ball to Draper. Results in two players at the side of the pitch, neither of which could get back into position instantly, and the ball going back to the halfway line instead of into the final third. I don't know, I could be reading too much into it but he looks like he was being frozen out by the players for whatever reason.

Game was decently entertaining until County stopped trying about half an hour before the end, Montrose were pretty poor and we should probably have had another couple. Was good to see some youth players getting some game time though, seemed to fit in alright, although the game was largely dead by the time the subs were made.
got to agree not a fan of tony but yesterday I felt the same he was trying but was ignored on numerous occasions when he was in a better position than most going forward however he got more into the game when the younger lads came on don't know if this is because the younger boys under stood how he plays but will never know as he was replaced just as he seemed to be getting into the game