Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Irn-Bru Cup
I disagree with you on Tony Dingwall I thought he had a good game showing how versatile and energetic he can be. Thought he was good in an average performance by the team. Munro also deserves a special mention with one excellent save in particular. Too many players ran out of steam which I suppose is understandable given their lack of game time.

They had a good player in their number 7 but they were not as good as I thought given the steady feed of youngsters that have came into their first team.

(08-15-2018, 09:53 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Fun evening's entertainment
We lined up 4-4-2 last night:
Munro
TDingz Morris Dijks Stelios
Stewart Dow Paton DKD
Mckay Graham

Negatives: Dow isn't a CM

Dow is a Forward.
Not so much a winger,
possibly a central attacking midfielder behind a striker,
but really a Forward, No. 9 or 10.

Think Fergiewell know this already but are testing versatility in a competitive game. They will have been usefully informed about the versatility of many of the ones who played.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(08-15-2018, 08:42 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Dow is a Forward.
Not so much a winger,
possibly a central attacking midfielder behind a striker,
but really a Forward, No. 9 or 10.

Think Fergiewell know this already but are testing versatility in a competitive game. They will have been usefully informed about the versatility of many of the ones who played.

Dow played CM last season in a few development/friendly games. Fergie and Ketts should have seen enough then to know this is a square peg in a round hole.

Good attitude shown by Dow throughout this though so I hope he gets a proper run playing as a number 9 or 10 and takes it by creating/scoring a lot of goals!

That probably won't happen this week though seeing as Billy scored 2 against Hearts colts! Only 18 more to go for my prediction to come true ;-)

Raith Rovers at home, very good tie.

Not sure what the fine is for a team to pull out, but I imagine Formartine would look into it.

I'm away the weekend of 8 Sept, so happy that we've got a winnable home tie. I would have been gutted to miss an away game abroad. Fingers crossed for a routine victory and a "foreign" team away in the next round.

Raith horsed our U-20's in the cup last season, but I am expecting 5-4-1 from them and hope for a win on penalties.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I was hoping for Sligo rovers away just so I could get to a game easily this season!

Raith is a good draw and should be no issue if we prepare correctly and take it seriously.

Anyone know when the draw/next round of fixtures are?
Hopefully a home draw against one of the "European " teams.

(09-09-2018, 12:01 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Anyone know when the draw/next round of fixtures are?
Hopefully a home draw against one of the "European " teams.

Hopefully an away draw you mean! Tuesday 1pm.

(09-09-2018, 12:31 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Hopefully an away draw you mean! Tuesday 1pm.

Nope, definitely meant a home tie, better chance of getting through to next round, saves the club the expense of a long journey/overnight stay and maybe the novelty of playing a different team for the first time will drag a few extra punters in.

Queens Park at Hampden will do me rather nicely. Away to either of the Irish sides would be fine.

Away to an Irish side so I can actually attend another game without a long slog!

Sutton Utd Away!!

An awayday/weekend in London, Dublin, Liverpool, Sligo or Coleraine would be lush.

Alloa it is then.

Drawn at home to Montrose in the next round - weekend of 13th/14th October
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(09-11-2018, 01:17 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Drawn at home to Montrose in the next round - weekend of 13th/14th October

Exactly what we needed. Superb draw.

(09-11-2018, 01:27 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Exactly what we needed. Superb draw.

For once, I agree.

We shouldn’t be faffing about with trips abroad right now.

Great draw, a game we should win, then the quarter finals. Why not try and go the whole way?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(09-11-2018, 08:55 PM)Despot Wrote: Great draw, a game we should win, then the quarter finals. Why not try and go the whole way?

Absolutely - you have to be in it to win it, and we are well in it.....so let's go win it, cushtie init.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Are ICT the current holders? - Can't have that. Decent reason to win it.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets