Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
Irn-Bru Cup
(02-24-2019, 11:53 AM)Les Westander Wrote: Inverness is pretty much ideal.

Especially if we get to lift a trophy at the home venue of that mob.

Apologies if already been brought up but how are they getting around the TV Blackout rule for showing games live between 2:45-5:15?

Live Football website have the game starting at 5:30.

(02-25-2019, 04:11 PM)Deed Wrote: Apologies if already been brought up but how are they getting around the TV Blackout rule for showing games live between 2:45-5:15?

Live Football website have the game starting at 5:30.

It's a 1630hrs KO but I know nothing about any blackout rule?????

It's an international weekend. The final last season was the same.

See the prices have been announced for the final. Pretty reasonable and apparently we are situated in the North, South and Main Stands.

Any idea where they'll put our noisy section?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(03-01-2019, 11:49 PM)Despot Wrote: Any idea where they'll put our noisy section?

Phonebox at the end of the road!

(03-02-2019, 08:30 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Phonebox at the end of the road!

Alternative venue: Clach Park.

Such a shame that the fans are so dismissive and disinterested in this cup, wouldn't want to see this filter through to the players and affect their mindset and cause them to not be in the right frame of mind thinking it'll be too easy.
I'd have thought playing a team we've never played before would generate more interest and it's highly unlikely we'll ever get another cup final so close to home again.
Last 3 winners have been Caley, Dundee Utd and Rangers, if it's good enough for them it's good enough for us, c'mon, let's do this for county and Scotland.

(03-02-2019, 06:05 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Such a shame that the fans are so dismissive and disinterested in this cup, wouldn't want to see this filter through to the players and affect their mindset and cause them to not be in the right frame of mind thinking it'll be too easy.
I'd have thought playing a team we've never played before would generate more interest and it's highly unlikely we'll ever get another cup final so close to home again.
Last 3 winners have been Caley, Dundee Utd and Rangers, if it's good enough for them it's good enough for us, c'mon, let's do this for county and Scotland.

You worry too much!

(03-02-2019, 06:05 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Such a shame that the fans are so dismissive and disinterested in this cup, wouldn't want to see this filter through to the players and affect their mindset and cause them to not be in the right frame of mind thinking it'll be too easy.

I'm always up for the Challenge Cup, it's been great winning it previously. About the same distance to a pub from McDiarmid to Perth centre as it is from the Dump to town.

The Nomads have 3 sections of the main stand, and we have the rest.
As far as I can remember we have never even sold out our usual away stand, even for that first Premiership derby on the Friday night?
Not sure what to book here, usual away stand or a better view ftom the main stand.
What is everyone else doing?

If there isn't a banner at this final referencing Stewart's Spicy Sausage then we have failed as a club.

https://twitter.com/snsgroup/status/1101439453908865025

(03-03-2019, 02:41 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: The Nomads have 3 sections of the main stand, and we have the rest.
As far as I can remember we have never even sold out our usual away stand, even for that first Premiership derby on the Friday night?
Not sure what to book here, usual away stand or a better view ftom the main stand.
What is everyone else doing?

Planning the main stand, first and only time I will pay money to go in there!!!!

South stand as usual.

Does anyone know if you can get tickets at the game - am not sure if I'm going to be in Inverness on time to go (hoping I am) but lots of factors but if I am definitely want to go?

I haven't seen anything confirming or denying that you could buy at the gate. Would think they would, in order to get possible people getting a chance to go at the last minute.

(03-19-2019, 07:49 PM)Despot Wrote: I haven't seen anything confirming or denying that you could buy at the gate. Would think they would, in order to get possible people getting a chance to go at the last minute.

does anyone want to get together, and organise a minibus from the town out to the game, and then back into town for celebration drinks ?

There was talk of meeting in the sports bar on castle st (name?), and then taxis/walk to Dump.

()StuartTaylor Wrote: There was talk of meeting in the sports bar on castle st (name?), and then taxis/walk to Dump.

Number 27?
Sobar?

I'd be up for that.