Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RED POPPY GRILL UNFORTUNATELY CLOSING AS OF JUNE 10TH
CLUB STATEMENT | “Due to circumstances outwith the Club and RedPoppy’s control, we are disappointed to announce that as of Sunday 10th June we have had to make the decision to close the RedPoppy Grill at RCFC.”

More info online at the club website below ->

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...l-at-rcfc/
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(06-06-2018, 02:35 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: CLUB STATEMENT | “Due to circumstances outwith the Club and RedPoppy’s control, we are disappointed to announce that as of Sunday 10th June we have had to make the decision to close the RedPoppy Grill at RCFC.”

More info online at the club website below ->

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...l-at-rcfc/

Doesn’t really explain anything, that.

Pretty gutted to be honest. It’s bad for the club and bad for the town. The food was excellent and I frequented it quite often. What with parking charges, high business rates, public toilet closures; this town is fighting for survival, and failing spectacularly to cash in on the NC500.

Does anybody know why this is the case?

(06-06-2018, 08:35 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Pretty gutted to be honest. It’s bad for the club and bad for the town. The food was excellent and I frequented it quite often. What with parking charges, high business rates, public toilet closures; this town is fighting for survival, and failing spectacularly to cash in on the NC500.

Good points .
A lot of the town failures are down to Highland Council.
Does not matter what the community either public or business attempt, good old Highland Council do nothing to help, in fact they are more of a hindrance.
Commmunity activists have been fighting to get the Macdonald Monument open for tourists.
New Wyvis distillery, blocks and restrictions on them..
Many projects that are due , or should I say long overdue, again down to Highland Council.
Trust me there are several groups making great efforts. But! HC,

(06-06-2018, 08:35 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Pretty gutted to be honest. It’s bad for the club and bad for the town. The food was excellent and I frequented it quite often. What with parking charges, high business rates, public toilet closures; this town is fighting for survival, and failing spectacularly to cash in on the NC500.

Also gutted, the costs of basically having the ovens on all the time Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun wasn't being covered by the numbers coming through the doors unfortunately, decision had to be made and unfortunately that decision was to close The Grill.

I agree that it was excellent for the town, no many venues you can go to that turn out that kind of quality food for the prices they were charging, but they were obviously just not making enough to cover the energy costs.

As you can imagine the club are looking at every cost as their budget has been effectively halved.

(06-06-2018, 11:17 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Does anybody know why this is the case?

Wasn't making enough to cover the energy costs of running the ovens when the Grill was open Thur, Fri, Sat, Sunday.

Red Poppy will still cover hospitality and will still be doing the normal match day food in Staggies etc

Such a shame to lose such a quality establishment from Dingwall, I live south of Inverness so I'm not in Dingwall other than match days.

(06-07-2018, 11:43 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Such a shame to lose such a quality establishment from Dingwall, I live south of Inverness so I'm not in Dingwall other than match days.

Agree totally, the town has very few options for eating out, and I never heard a bad report about The Grill, the quality of the food they were turning out while keeping the cost down was superb - I think it was definitely becoming more and more popular - think most folk who ate there will make the short journey to Strathpeffer to their other restaurant as they are offering some of the favourites from The Grill up there.

Although it's a real shame to not have this at the club, I can see the sense in the decision if it wasn't meeting the costs of the energy bills.

(06-06-2018, 11:39 PM)MOGO Wrote: Good points .
Does not matter what the community either public or business attempt, good old Highland Council do nothing to help, in fact they are more of a hindrance.
Commmunity activists have been fighting to get the Macdonald Monument open for tourists.
Many projects that are due , or should I say long overdue, again down to Highland Council.

I agree with your statement about HC. Some councillors are trying to aid these local initiatives but are being blocked by other elected members. There's a few frustrated members in office at the moment but I can assure you they'll keep fighting!!

(06-06-2018, 11:39 PM)MOGO Wrote: Good points .

Absolutely. The HC are their own worst enemy.

I was in the last time I was home and really enjoyed it. Food and view were very good. Such a shame.

(06-07-2018, 03:30 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Absolutely. The HC are their own worst enemy.

Highland council have no Money Scottish Government can help,but won’t onlybraise taxes

I blame the cooncil.

Really disappointed it's closing, always had an excellent meal there, but business is business if they couldn't get numbers through the door it was unsustainable.

Dingwall is not alone, but it's sad to see the state of the place these days, there is a small hardy bunch who try to keep things going, but it's not so long ago we had an annual Highland games and extremely popular week long music festival.

(06-07-2018, 10:58 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Really disappointed it's closing, always had an excellent meal there, but business is business if they couldn't get numbers through the door it was unsustainable.

Dingwall is not alone, but it's sad to see the state of the place these days, there is a small hardy bunch who try to keep things going, but it's not so long ago we had an annual Highland games and extremely popular week long music festival.

Would love to see the Highland Games back, and the very popular music festival.
The “hardy bunch” would love to get them both back.
However, the rules and regulations Health & Safety, and not forgetting the good old Highland Council rules, all put serious restraints on such events, and guess what? It’s getting worse. Xmas could be cancelled in any town near you.

Don't think Highland Council shut The Grill though?!

Buffy old fellow Braise Taxes the toughest cut - tender and succulent.
Console yourself with the thought of Brenda, Keith and Brian at the mince past tomorrow.

(06-08-2018, 07:26 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Don't think Highland Council shut The Grill though?!

I blame the EU.

Surprised I haven't got the blame yet.

Click dis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYv7qSDIRRY