Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pre-Season
I shall be in attendance at Nairn today - interested to see how some of the newer names get on and hoping we might see some youngsters given a run out.

A 3-0 win for County today.

http://livescore.football365.com/Interna...commentary

I wasn't there today as I was elsewhere!

Any thoughts from people at the game would be great, cheers.

Mullin looked sharp, but then again he should against a HL team.

Not really much else to say - nothing more than a workout and all about the fitness (which looked better than in previous pre-seasons)..

(06-30-2018, 09:23 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: A 3-0 win for County today.

http://livescore.football365.com/Interna...commentary

I wasn't there today as I was elsewhere!

Any thoughts from people at the game would be great, cheers.
Good enough workout, generally pleased with the new signings - passing and movement was good but we looked a bit short up front, still need more of a goal threat. Midge looked really sharp and up for the new season. Dykes' composure on the ball and passing ability were impressive - he partnered Morris in defence in the first-half and played more in midfield in the second. Disappointed not to see Vigurs today.

(06-30-2018, 11:45 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Good enough workout, generally pleased with the new signings - passing and movement was good but we looked a bit short up front, still need more of a goal threat. Midge looked really sharp and up for the new season. Dykes' composure on the ball and passing ability were impressive - he partnered Morris in defence in the first-half and played more in midfield in the second. Disappointed not to see Vigurs today.

Agree thought Midge was really sharp a bit disappointed by T Dingwall but thought Dykes good in defence Mullinsand Paton on first half looked good. Was pleased we looked coherent and organised though surprised it was 4 4 2 throughout did wonder if they might look to 3 5 2. Overall though thought we looked pretty good for this stage, feeling optimistic.

(06-30-2018, 11:59 PM)roth08 Wrote: Agree thought Midge was really sharp a bit disappointed by T Dingwall but thought Dykes good in defence Mullinsand Paton on first half looked good. Was pleased we looked coherent and organised though surprised it was 4 4 2 throughout did wonder if they might look to 3 5 2. Overall though thought we looked pretty good for this stage, feeling optimistic.

I actually thought it was a good exercise before heading to training camp T Dingwall looked alright to me as did midge ,spoke with Stuart K he is happy with progress that’s good enough for me Cmon staggies all the way, team need us to be right up for it and support them Positive thinking

For our first pre season game we looked sharpe we do need to work on our final ball and finishing apart from that it’s the fittest the team has been for the first pre season game

Some good positive comments there, even SAFH managed a semi positive post, well done! :-)

Appreciate the feedback, cheers.

Stand outs for me were Dylan Dykes (one to watch this season), Josh Mullins and Harry Paton - Dykes was playing in defence in the first half and was playing some lovely diagonal balls to Mullins who was killing them dead with his right foot - Marcus and Mullins linked up well on the right hand side - Paton is another who passes the ball about well.

Fittest I've seen the team look at the start of a season - Stuart was saying that he was very impressed with how the guys came back from pre-season, all looking sharp, lean and ready to go....that's got to be encouraging!

Although I've pointed out Dykes, Mullins and Paton above, the rest looked pretty sharp for this point in the season, thought Tony and Russell linked up well in the second half on the right hand side, Russell playing right back and Tony just in front of him in midfield.

You can't read too much into this game as it was just a workout for the squad and you can't judge a team who are effectively making a full team change at half time bar Dykes.

But the signs are positive, I would also like to see us add more firepower up front - but I'm sure the management team are already working on this!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Mullin was the standout for me.
McManus was at the far end of where I was standing in the 2nd half, so couldn't watch him closely.
Hope Gregg Main had a great day.

Just had a look at the club's website. When does the squad for the coming season get put up? Currently last season's squad is still listed under the 1st team. For PR value alone this needs attention.

No vigurs in tonight's squad for the game in Holland, did he travel out with the squad? Is he out injured?
Noticed he wasn't in the squad at Nairn either.
Anyone know what's up, injured? Away on holiday?

(07-04-2018, 04:37 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: No vigurs in tonight's squad for the game in Holland, did he travel out with the squad? Is he out injured?
Noticed he wasn't in the squad at Nairn either.
Anyone know what's up, injured? Away on holiday?

He was sitting on the bench at Nairn, and is also on the pool-side in the recent photos from Holland, I believe it's a small niggle, nothing serious and he is training with the rest of the squad in Holland just not taking part in the games at the moment.

(07-04-2018, 02:08 PM)the reaper Wrote: Just had a look at the club's website. When does the squad for the coming season get put up? Currently last season's squad is still listed under the 1st team. For PR value alone this needs attention.

I've mentioned this to the club and the first team is updated on the club website.

Playing Sint-Truiden VV tonight, well right now tbh, anyone there?

Here's a cut and paste from the p&j

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...gian-test/

County have been based at their hotel in Doorwerth, on the outskirts of Arnhem, since Monday, where they play their first friendly of the five-day camp tonight against the team which finished 10th in Belgium’s A League last season (5pm UK-time).

The game will be followed by Friday’s encounter with FC Utrecht, who finished fifth in the Dutch Eredivisie last term.

The Staggies are keen to step up their preparations for the forthcoming Championship campaign, and Ferguson believes the Dingwall men will learn plenty from the experience of facing European opposition.

Ferguson said: “They are a Premiership Belgian side. We were always set to play Utrecht, but we were going to play another Dutch team.

“Sint-Truiden VV, though, heard we were over and contacted us to say they would like a game. Again, we felt it would be another good test for the players and another level up from where we were going to be.

“We relish these challenges and I’m sure the boys will enjoy it as well in a different culture and a different style of play.

“It’s going to be a test – a different type of football. But it is just another challenge and test for the boys to get through as they top-up on fitness and get their timing back in and get their eye back in on the ball.

“There’s no better place to do it than over here.

“Normally, we’d say the weather will take its toll, but it has already been roasting hot since we’ve been back.

“The boys will obviously have to deal with the temperature and deal with good opposition.”

County have made eight new signings over the summer, and Ferguson believes taking the 22-strong squad overseas is a perfect way to integrate the fresh additions.

He added: “With the guys who have come in, Stuart Kettlewell and I can’t speak highly enough regarding the way they’ve gone about things – their attitude and application.

“There is a willingness to gel and get together. That’s something Stuart and I are grateful for but, again, it hasn’t come about by chance. There is a thought process that went into the type of player we were bringing into the club.

“We knew the profile of player we wanted and it is no coincidence we’ve hit the ground running regarding pulling together the group.

“We had done our homework on the players, knew the types we were bringing in and how they would come together in the common cause, which is Ross County football club.”

According to the Sint-Truiden VV Facebook page, they won 2-0 - a bit of Language Translator below:
"The Canaries win the game against Ross County Football Club, 0-2. Wolke Janssens signed for the second goal."

I've mentioned this to the club and the first team is updated on the club website.
[/quote]

Thanks

Belgians appeared to give County bit of a run around.

Gardyne also hobbled off.

Anyone else over at the moment? Few of us setting off tomorrow morning for the Utrecht fixture.

(07-04-2018, 05:46 PM)frankthetank Wrote: ...
Here's a cut and paste from the p&j

... “With the guys who have come in, Stuart Kettlewell and I can’t speak highly enough regarding the way they’ve gone about things – their attitude and application.

“There is a willingness to gel and get together. That’s something Stuart and I are grateful for but, again, it hasn’t come about by chance. There is a thought process that went into the type of player we were bringing into the club.

“We knew the profile of player we wanted and it is no coincidence we’ve hit the ground running regarding pulling together the group.

“We had done our homework on the players, knew the types we were bringing in and how they would come together in the common cause, which is Ross County football club.”

This is encouraging & sounds like Fergiewell are doing a good job. Attitude and togetherness will be vital if we want to be successful.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(07-05-2018, 11:39 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Anyone else over at the moment? Few of us setting off tomorrow morning for the Utrecht fixture.

There's a few folk out at the moment. A group of four of us are flying out from Edinburgh tomorrow morning as well. We'll find somewhere for drinks pre-match (including France v Uruguay) and post updates on Twitter: @centralstaggies.

(07-05-2018, 01:01 PM)Forfinn Wrote: There's a few folk out at the moment. A group of four of us are flying out from Edinburgh tomorrow morning as well. We'll find somewhere for drinks pre-match (including France v Uruguay) and post updates on Twitter: @centralstaggies.

Great effort people - good to see the updates and photos on Twitter - not envious at all....pfft