Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pre-Season
Yet another jaunt across to the Netherlands,

Ross County Football Club can confirm that our pre-season training camp ahead of the 2018/19 season will be held between July 2-7, 2018 at the Hotel De Wageningsche Berg training complex in Wageningen, Holland.

The squad will spend five days at the newly built hotel and FIFA standard training complex which is just a one hour drive from Amsterdam. During their stay in the Netherlands, the first team will play a friendly with FC Utrecht on Friday July 6 (venue TBC).

Subject to confirmation, a further friendly will be played on Wednesday July 4 (venue TBC).

Speaking about the pre-season training camp co-manager, Stuart Kettlewell, said: “Myself and Steven are both delighted to confirm our pre-season trip to Holland. We feel that this is an integral part in our preparation for a new season which will allow us time to develop relationships with the players as well as the ideal setting to implement expectations for the season ahead.”

(05-22-2018, 02:48 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Yet another jaunt across to the Netherlands,

Ross County Football Club can confirm that our pre-season training camp ahead of the 2018/19 season will be held between July 2-7, 2018 at the Hotel De Wageningsche Berg training complex in Wageningen, Holland.

The squad will spend five days at the newly built hotel and FIFA standard training complex which is just a one hour drive from Amsterdam. During their stay in the Netherlands, the first team will play a friendly with FC Utrecht on Friday July 6 (venue TBC).

Subject to confirmation, a further friendly will be played on Wednesday July 4 (venue TBC).

Speaking about the pre-season training camp co-manager, Stuart Kettlewell, said: “Myself and Steven are both delighted to confirm our pre-season trip to Holland. We feel that this is an integral part in our preparation for a new season which will allow us time to develop relationships with the players as well as the ideal setting to implement expectations for the season ahead.”

Will do the team good to get away and get a good pre-season under their belts, impressed that the club have managed to sort this out....good to see!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Never understood the importance of going abroad to do pre season training. I wonder how many foreign clubs come to this country to do the same thing?
Are there no facilities in the UK where this can be done?
Bottom line for me is the expense really necessary.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(05-22-2018, 05:15 PM)Ed Wrote: Never understood the importance of going abroad to do pre season training. I wonder how many foreign clubs come to this country to do the same thing?

It does make you wonder why we've invested so much in our own facilities which we like to harp on about.

(05-22-2018, 05:15 PM)Ed Wrote: Never understood the importance of going abroad to do pre season training. I wonder how many foreign clubs come to this country to do the same thing?

I doubt a training camp in Holland is going to be significantly more than a training camp in England (for example). If you're going to take the players away somewhere away from their home base, then you might as well go somewhere you're pretty much guaranteed good weather.

It’s not just about the facilities it’s about getting the team to bond on and off the pitch! Perhaps we need the Venga Bus back!!

Direct flights from Inverness remember, which was one of the reasons Adams gave for having pre-season camps in Holland, twice.

(05-22-2018, 07:37 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Direct flights from Inverness remember, which was one of the reasons Adams gave for having pre-season camps in Holland, twice.
Three times he went - although given the quantities of Alcohol consumed on the third trip it is easy to forget about it.

Anyone planning it this time round?

I was thinking about it, but maybe base myself in Utrecht instead as I've been to Amsterdam several times now and pretty much seen it all.

(05-23-2018, 01:04 PM)thejailender Wrote: Anyone planning it this time round?

I was thinking about it, but maybe base myself in Utrecht instead as I've been to Amsterdam several times now and pretty much seen it all.

I've done one previous Dutch pre-season. I'm contemplating Thursday night or Friday morning until Sunday for the Utrecht game. Probably based in Amsterdam and travelling out for the game, unless there's a lot to see in Utrecht?

Worth noting the game isn't necessarily guaranteed to be in Utrecht - it might be at the training complex like the Hungarian friendlies were.

Haarlem is a lovely alternative to Amsterdam, only about fifteen minutes away by train and costs a fraction of the price to stay. The Jopenkerk brewery is there, which is well worth a tour round. It also has the same entertainment that Amsterdam can boast....

away v Wick, Sat June 30th 1pm.