Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New kits for 2018/19 and mystery announcement
(05-23-2018, 10:11 AM)frankthetank Wrote: That's a strange comment to make as In the last Independence referendum the (large) majority of people voted against independence, it wasn't anything like the 52/48 Euro ballot, it was a clear majority.

Overall, Scotland voted 55%-45% in favour of staying in the UK in 2014, which doesn't constitute a large majority in my book.

And in the Highlands it was even narrower - 53%-47%.

Anyway, I quite like the new home top. It's something a bit different, but maybe that's just because I'm able to separate politics from football - something that seems to be becoming increasingly rare.

(05-22-2018, 10:02 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Not atall served my country , and entitled to my feelings nit to be laughed at

Laughter will also ensue when someone claims they were born under a Union Jack.

(05-23-2018, 12:26 PM)Forfinn Wrote: I'm able to separate politics from football - something that seems to be becoming increasingly rare.

Football and Politics go hand in hand. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Love the new home strip. You see what you want to see!

(05-23-2018, 01:15 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Love the new home strip. You see what you want to see!

Totally agree....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-23-2018, 12:41 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Football and Politics go hand in hand. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Of course, some clubs are historically linked to certain political causes or ideals. Ross County, however, are not one of those. We've got a new kit that incorporates our club colours of blue, white and red. That's all.

It is reminiscent of a team GB type top. Which does not bother me one bit. However, its a bit too flash/80's/Paintshop Pro for me

(05-23-2018, 01:23 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Of course, some clubs are historically linked to certain political causes or ideals. Ross County, however, are not one of those. We've got a new kit that incorporates our club colours of blue, white and red. That's all.

Enough of this sensible chat, wagggghhhh brexit, waaagggghhh independence etc.

I really like it. Not because I voted against independence, not because I’m a veteran, but because they are our clubs colours, and we’re doing something different with them. At least we’ll stand out, I felt our shirt last season was a bit bland.

(05-22-2018, 10:33 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Any idea when thay will be available and prices?

Clocked an errea truck at the dump so they must be having new strips as well

Wont be a stylish as the Staggie ones and wint shift as many

Passed by The Flat Earth stadium today
Their new tops are literally flying off the shelves
Mind you there was a right old Hoolie blowing at the time!!

(05-23-2018, 04:17 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Enough of this sensible chat, wagggghhhh brexit, waaagggghhh independence etc.

I really like it. Not because I voted against independence, not because I’m a veteran, but because they are our clubs colours, and we’re doing something different with them. At least we’ll stand out, I felt our shirt last season was a bit bland.

Well said. Never linked football and politics. highly unsavoury link between football and religion though.

(05-23-2018, 11:44 PM)the reaper Wrote: Well said. Never linked football and politics. highly unsavoury link between football and religion though.

I agree 100%

(05-23-2018, 12:41 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Laughter will also ensue when someone claims they were born under a Union Jack.

Football and Politics go hand in hand. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

You seem politically motivated , try changing gear into football mode great home strip out teams strip , staggies here, staggies there , staggies everywhere
In red white and blue ,
Oh forgot to say on my way out of this land wrapped in Union Jack red white and blue

(05-24-2018, 01:09 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Oh forgot to say on my way out of this land wrapped in Union Jack red white and blue

Don't get my hopes up.

(05-24-2018, 01:22 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Don't get my hopes up.

My god I do hope others see you as you are here I am recovering from stroke Being treated for cancer ,Ach well I’ll leave you as you are ,
Your statement hurts me I do hope you never have to go through anything like thatcommon decency costs nothing

Thumbs Up 
(05-23-2018, 10:52 AM)Ed Wrote: I think the home top is fine. Something different.

Me too. Most interesting and eye-catching we've had in a while.

Also happier with red than white for the Away.

Already looking forward to them being worn in Championship action.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Maybe I've missed it but what was the mystery referred to in the announcement?

(05-24-2018, 11:49 PM)the reaper Wrote: Maybe I've missed it but what was the mystery referred to in the announcement?

The first 100 home junior kits preordered will receive a golden ticket, not sure how many or if it's all 100 get to appear in the team photograph for next season, all in it together being the message behind it I think.
Sounds like a good incentive to me for any parents/grandparents who would like to see their kids in the official team photo.

(05-25-2018, 10:09 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: The first 100 home junior kits preordered will receive a golden ticket, not sure how many or if it's all 100 get to appear in the team photograph for next season, all in it together being the message behind it I think.
Sounds like a good incentive to me for any parents/grandparents who would like to see their kids in the official team photo.

Think it's a really nice idea - great for the kids as well and I believe they are looking at all 100 - being billed as the biggest team photo ever ;O)
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-24-2018, 01:22 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Don't get my hopes up.

I'm surprised the admins haven't jumped on you from a great height for that comment.
I do not know rsb and often disagree with most of what he has said in the past, but to make such a nasty personal comment like that is disgusting, shame on you.

(05-25-2018, 10:16 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: ...to make such a nasty personal comment like that is disgusting, shame on you.

Disgusting comment, deary me, get a grip of yourself and stop being so precious. This is a football fans forum after all.

(05-24-2018, 11:49 PM)the reaper Wrote: Maybe I've missed it but what was the mystery referred to in the announcement?

Something similar to what they did with our not-so-heavily-subsidised neighbours last season would have been a larf. Could have done some Dingwall-based marketing too with Russell and Tony each captaining a team of, say, 50 schoolkids

"Look at the wee laddie go, knee-high to a grasshopper but he's dribbled round about 30 of them, weaving in and out, just a shame he couldn't shoot.....oh that's Tony"
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Wow, this Snowflakes Vs Gammons thing escalated quickly.