Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recruitment
Now that the season is finally over and we've been put out of our misery it's time to look at where it all went wrong. There's many things that have contributed to our relegation, some more obvious than others, but the question I want to ask.........when did we last sign a decent/ semi decent player???????

I understand that there are challenges attracting players to our club due to location but throwing big money at crap players is not the answer. At the end of the game yesterday it was evident who was genuinely gutted at being relegated and unfortunately you could count them on one hand. Looking forward to a big clear out and rebuilding the squad.

(05-13-2018, 09:12 AM)Heidcase1987 Wrote: Now that the season is finally over and we've been put out of our misery it's time to look at where it all went wrong. There's many things that have contributed to our relegation, some more obvious than others, but the question I want to ask.........when did we last sign a decent/ semi decent player???????

I understand that there are challenges attracting players to our club due to location but throwing big money at crap players is not the answer. At the end of the game yesterday it was evident who was genuinely gutted at being relegated and unfortunately you could count them on one hand. Looking forward to a big clear out and rebuilding the squad.

Jason Naismith,Jan 2017

(05-13-2018, 10:11 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Jason Naismith,Jan 2017

I'd agree with that. Naismith aside nobody else stands out and has stood up. 3 or 4 poor windows with a lot of comings and goings.

Who would people keep realistically?

I would hope we could at least keep a spine of the team (if it’s possible to find in that spineless shower)...

Fox - Tumilty - Fraser - DKD - Draper - Dykes(?) - Mackay or Schalk...

Naismith will no doubt be sold for pennies and I wouldn’t be too fussed with any of the others. Would like to have Jamie Lindsay back too.

I don't know Naismith's contract details, but he shouldn't be sold for pennies. Far and away our best player. I noticed it during one home game recently and heard it on the radio commentary yesterday. He was clearly p****** off with other members of the team making stupid mistakes and being generally useless. No-one can blame him for wanting to leave.

Going back to the first sentence of this thread it's quite clear where it all went wrong. I know it's treasonable to say it and no-one has or will ever do more for this club, but the Chairman has to hold his hand up on this one. The appointment of Owen Coyle was a decision not made on logical, footballing grounds and anyone taking a serious look at his CV over the last ten years would have seen he was clearly unsuitable for the job. The big worry is that the latest managerial appointment could also backfire on us. Who's the number 1, Ketts or Ferg? What managerial experience have they at the top level? What contacts have they got to persuade players to Dingwall to play at second tier level? Why the haste to appoint them permanently without giving time over the summer to look at other alternatives? Do we need, or can we afford, a footballing man to oversee appointments and transfers? Was it even fair on Ketts and Ferg to throw them in at the deep end, possible ruining their potential managerial careers before they've hardly started? Lots of questions for an uncertain future for the club.

I'd expect most of say the to stay fgr next season at least, as no doubt we'll go hell for leather to win the league- like Caley last time they went down.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(05-13-2018, 02:25 PM)Despot Wrote: I'd expect most of say the to stay fgr next season at least

You can say that again.

(05-13-2018, 11:57 AM)ELincognito Wrote: Who would people keep realistically?

I would hope we could at least keep a spine of the team (if it’s possible to find in that spineless shower)...

Naismith will no doubt be sold for pennies and I wouldn’t be too fussed with any of the others. Would like to have Jamie Lindsay back too.

It's a tough call between who will be back, who you'd want back, and who you've got absolutely no idea who will be back. Those who you're hopeful will not be back are obvious.

I'd expect Fox to leave. Tumilty and Dykes and DKD will be starters. Draper I have zero idea. Mackay and Schalk I'd expect to leave. Naismith would be leaving whether we went down or not. So far, I would expect the team to be:

Foden

Tumilty ????? ?????? Kelly (sigh)

????? Dykes Ashmore DKD

???? ????

Lots of work for Ketts to do. Lots of chances for those 20s to stake a regular place, and prove us wrong or right.

[censored] Owen Coyle, and [censored] the happy clappers who said give him more time.

(05-13-2018, 05:53 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: You can say that again.

It's a tough call between who will be back, who you'd want back, and who you've got absolutely no idea who will be back. Those who you're hopeful will not be back are obvious.

I'd expect Fox to leave. Tumilty and Dykes and DKD will be starters. Draper I have zero idea. Mackay and Schalk I'd expect to leave. Naismith would be leaving whether we went down or not. So far, I would expect the team to be:

Foden

Tumilty ????? ?????? Kelly (sigh)

????? Dykes Ashmore DKD

???? ????

Lots of work for Ketts to do. Lots of chances for those 20s to stake a regular place, and prove us wrong or right.

[censored] Owen Coyle, and [censored] the happy clappers who said give him more time.
It wasn't the "happy clappers" who gave him more time,it was Roy.

1. Players still signed Fox, Davis, O'Brien,McKay, Dow, Draper, Keillor-Dunn, Morrison, Kelly, McIver and Mikkelson
Which of these players would you get rid off?
2. Who from this years squad 17/18 would you like to keep ?
3. Of players out on loan only McIver and Mikkelson are still on contract
Which players that were on loan would you like to take back to County
4. Who from development squad would you add to first team squad ?
Interested in what your thoughts are

(05-14-2018, 11:02 AM)County Lad Wrote: 1. Players still signed Fox, Davis, O'Brien,McKay, Dow, Draper, Keillor-Dunn, Morrison, Kelly, McIver and Mikkelson
Which of these players would you get rid off?

keep all those if we can
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(05-14-2018, 11:10 AM)Les Westander Wrote: keep all those if we can

I’m assuming he’ll be off, but Naismith is under contract too.

Vigurs has signed a 3 year contract.

Naismith is under contract to 2018 according to transfer market

(05-14-2018, 11:50 AM)finlay Wrote: Vigurs has signed a 3 year contract.

I'm assuming that he's signed with caley, not us......... Unfortunately

(05-14-2018, 11:10 AM)Les Westander Wrote: keep all those if we can

Depends how much Davies is on.

(05-14-2018, 01:26 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I'm assuming that he's signed with caley, not us......... Unfortunately

With us #vigursisastaggie

what about chow, routis, fraser? will they be out of contract next month also?
cant see O'Brien being required to stay his attitude was poor this season at times, looking forward to seeing Tumility at right back after a successful spell with Falkirk, Fontaine I think we should try & sign but he may look to head back down south

(05-14-2018, 03:27 PM)Gmont82 Wrote: what about chow, routis, fraser? will they be out of contract next month also?
cant see O'Brien being required to stay his attitude was poor this season at times, looking forward to seeing Tumility at right back after a successful spell with Falkirk, Fontaine I think we should try & sign but he may look to head back down south

Fraser is, yes. I’d imagine he’d want a change of scenery.

Chow I would happily drive back to Wigan. Miles short of the quality needed, and a damning indictment of Wigan’s standard and McIntyre’s acumen.

Routis I have no idea but I think he’s done okay for the most part.

Tumilty n 4 others gone

(05-13-2018, 11:57 AM)ELincognito Wrote: Who would people keep realistically?

All of the above except Draper. I'll pay his bus ticket back to Inverness myself. Awful, awful season, he is hopeless.

We need to recruit a midfield, something sorely lacking over the last 2 years hence the need to hoof it incessantly from the back.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!