Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
St Johnstone Away 12/5/18
It’s must win or Championship will be played in Dingwall next season mon the Staggies

Itz been must win for the last six.

Gutted that some players are not up for it.

Some did not seem bothered and others were dead on thier feet in last 10.
Wherever we end up next season fitness needs to be upped.

Tactics of hoofing high balls to our short front line clearly doesnt work.

At least our wage bill will be less next season

I was at our first game in the top flight so I might as well go to our last. The least they can do is go all out for the victory. I'd rather go out in a blaze of glory than meekly surrender like most of the season.

Partick are putting on free buses for their fans to go to Dundee. Hopefully County follow suit and we get as many fans there as possible to get behind the team.

Was thinking of going to this.

At least ill be able to pop along to the Falkirk games next season

Winnable game. StJ about to do a rebuild and several of their squad making their final appearance ... Mannus, Millar and MacLean. Rumoured that Murray Davidson and and big Anderson are also moving on. Might we just be getting them when their heads are elsewhere? (wishful thinking?). They’ve been a tough unit and seldom lose a scrap but maybe, just maybe.

(05-09-2018, 09:37 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I was at our first game in the top flight so I might as well go to our last.

That was going to be my line but you beat me to it! After the last four games, I'm afraid it's more hope than expectation - and I don't hold out much hope, sadly. In their last eleven league games, Hamilton have had one win and one draw - guess what?

2nd bus being added as first bus is full - so should be a good turnout - will be a tense affair and lots of folk checking their phones to see what's happening at Dundee....

Was refused the drum earlier in the season - so have asked their SLO to get approval for me to take the drum on Saturday...don't see why they are not allowing drums...?

Anyway, hope it's a good turnout and the result goes our way!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Well we have one last shot, even a win may not be enough, but let’s go out on a high.

It me it’s disappointing in the extreme that under 3 different management set ups we have not been able to come close to replacing the gaping hole that Boyce let behind. It’s unbelievable that ALL season the answer has been high balls up the park to initially Curran, now Shalke and Mackay none of which are above 5’ 10” in high heels. Surely wing play and keeping the ball on the ground is the only way to succeed with that set up. We’ve had the odd glimpse (Patrick at home) but lack of composure has always meant reverting to the punt.

The Shalke Mackay partnership has unfortunately not hit the spot that the 4:0 Patrick game promised and I think it has been persevered with too long. Ngog surely has to start on Saturday probably with Shalke.

Fontaine and Naismith are solid - perm any two from the rest of the defensive group, it doesn’t matter.

Midfield Draper, JOB, DKD and a.n. Other - I would go with Tansey or Kait personally. It’s here we really need some flair

Whatever - all the best to whoever is picked, please do your best for club and community we are all in need of some cheer.

I really don't know what to suggest in terms of a team anymore.

Fox....Naismith, Fraser, Fontaine, Melbourne....Draper, O'Brien....DKD, Kait, Garydne....Ngog (4-2-3-1).

That would be my team, although playing Garydne is out of having no one else as supposed to choice. One wonders if O'Brien would be match fit, but if he is then he needs to be in there. Time to drop this 3 at the back rubbish that clearly isn't working...if Mckay and Schalk both start on Saturday then there's no point even turning up.

I’d like to see max Melbourne start again, played well against Partick and was surprised he was dropped. Souttar and fountain at the back and fox in goal if possible? I’d have Naismith at RB and Schalk + Ngog up top to start

On a semi-related note, St Johnstone have some cheek still charging £23 a ticket for the last game of the season. Always an expensive day out.

(05-10-2018, 04:03 PM)NVACA Wrote: On a semi-related note, St Johnstone have some cheek still charging £23 a ticket for the last game of the season. Always an expensive day out.

Our on the day pricing is much the same is it not?

Something that will need to be changed for next year to ensure we don't lose too many punters.

Two kids aged 12 or under, free of charge ... no bad! Encourage some youngsters along and get them on the road to a life of angst and misery and ruined Saturday nights.

"It will have to be a measured approach," said Kettlewell. "We can't go completely gung-ho, leaving ourselves wide open.
"We need to score, so we need to find a formula to do so."

Ketts ... you’re worrying me already man. Let’s go ‘gung-ho’ and forget the measured approach that will get you a 0-0. Let’s attack from the first whistle and have zero regrets. Absolutely no regrets!!!

It’s an end of season stroll for StJ. Their hard work is done. Ketts ought to be able to put out a team with more desire than them.

I’m up for gung ho too !

Maybe Souttar at centre forward , might win a few long balls then ?

(05-10-2018, 06:58 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: "It will have to be a measured approach," said Kettlewell. "We can't go completely gung-ho, leaving ourselves wide open.
"We need to score, so we need to find a formula to do so."

Ketts ... you’re worrying me already man. Let’s go ‘gung-ho’ and forget the measured approach that will get you a 0-0. Let’s attack from the first whistle and have zero regrets. Absolutely no regrets!!!

It’s an end of season stroll for StJ. Their hard work is done. Ketts ought to be able to put out a team with more desire than them.

I've heard a lot about energy, effort & desire, leaving it all out on the park, dying for the cause, etc, and that's great, but sometimes you can try too hard, (over-running the ball, trying to do it all on your own, fresh-air swipes instead of shots, etc), and that's just counter-productive.

What we really need is a bit of COMPOSURE, controlled on-the-ground passing, good off-the-ball movement to give options to those who have the ball. Everyone's desperate to get on the end of our set-pieces and they all seem to end up in the goalmouth, so that when the ball's initially cleared, there's no-one on the edge of the box to have a pop, re-circulate the ball or stop a breakaway. We also need more variation in our set-pieces - occasionally play someone in with a sharp pass, instead of heaving every single one at the goalie's hands / centre-backs' heads. And attacking players always need to bear in mind that someone else might be in a better position to score - try to keep the head up and be aware of where your team-mates are. And don't leave the midfield looking like the Marie Celeste - it should be the hub for all that you're trying to do.

It's a team game and the concept's relatively straightforward.. If you've got the ball, the opposition can't hurt you, and when you're finished with it, try to give it to one of your mates.. COYS - Composure Only Yields Success..

(05-10-2018, 04:14 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Our on the day pricing is much the same is it not?

Something that will need to be changed for next year to ensure we don't lose too many punters.

Mmm, £20 on the day at Victoria Park, our concessionary structure is wider though to accommodate more people. I do miss being a student with £10-12(ish?) jailend tickets.

Just had a notion in my head with it being last game of the season, meaningless for St J and everything to us they might try and get a larger crowd in! Kind of like what we did with Hamilton last season, except we made it free.

‘Mmm, £20 on the day at Victoria Park, our concessionary structure is wider though to accommodate more people. I do miss being a student with £10-12(ish?) jailend tickets.’

StJ are at home. They can charge what they want. If you’re no happy stay at home. Really is the least of our problems. It’s a day for being gung-ho ... try a McD pie and brighten up your life.

Again, more of a comment than complaint! I'd still be there if I could be, despite the grim memories from Perth earlier in the season.

(05-10-2018, 04:14 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Our on the day pricing is much the same is it not?

The same ticket for a St J fan at the GES would be £24. They're cheaper than we are.....