Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dundee Tuesday Night - Last Home Game in the Top Flight?
Only one player merited a good performance last night imo and that was Fontaine. The rest of the team didn't look up for the fight. The management has to be to blame as well. Taking off goal scoring strikers and bringing on Curran to try and win a game is like murder. Worst player I have ever seen ever.

Two points from twelve post split and we deserve to go down. I'm now at the stage I don't even think we'd win a playoff.
At least next season there will be no stupid winter break, cheaper season tickets, Caley derby back and no Brendan Rodgers whinging, greeting face to moan about the state of the pitch.
It was always going to happen and the time is nigh!

(05-09-2018, 11:32 AM)finlay Wrote: Only one player merited a good performance last night imo and that was Fontaine. The rest of the team didn't look up for the fight. The management has to be to blame as well. Taking off goal scoring strikers and bringing on Curran to try and win a game is like murder. Worst player I have ever seen ever.

Calling Schalk and Mackay as goal scoring striker's is now taking it too far

(05-09-2018, 01:49 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Calling Schalk and Mackay as goal scoring striker's is now taking it too far

Goal scoring as in at least they have a goal or two in them. Curran can barely kick a ball and does no work for the team.

(05-09-2018, 01:59 PM)finlay Wrote: Goal scoring as in at least they have a goal or two in them. Curran can barely kick a ball and does no work for the team.

Jog on, man.

He's definitely not prolific, and is not the most skilful player in the squad, but the one thing he does is work hard. If anything, Craig Curran goes to show that hard work and enthusiasm isn't enough.

(05-09-2018, 01:59 PM)finlay Wrote: Goal scoring as in at least they have a goal or two in them. Curran can barely kick a ball and does no work for the team.

You should talk to Staggiesawayfromhome, you two would get on like a dump on fire....

(05-09-2018, 01:49 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Calling Schalk and Mackay as goal scoring striker's is now taking it too far

Bit harsh on Schalk to be fair. It is a matter of record that he is currently the 4th top scorer in the SPL and a couple of weeks ago was the highest in terms of goals per minute played. Clearly however if we are to continuously punt high balls upfield then Schalk, McKay and Curran are not the answer.

Curran's been a really useful servant since he joined, his partnership with Boyce was an excellent one. It's just not clicked for him this season. No matter how much effort he's putting in, things just aren't working for him. Reminds me a better of Colin McMenanamin in our first season up. 100% effort but not the pace or power or skill to damage teams.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I was too angry to post last night and have just about calmed down now. We had yet another chance to close the gap - a win would've seen us with a great chance of finishing 10th - and we chucked it. Just when you start to get hope again it's thrown away.

I'll repeat, I'm desperate for this management team to succeed, but glaring errors were made yet again last night. Fraser is simply not a left back, Davies is not fully fit, where is O'Brien, what does Ngog have to do to be given a chance other than when we're chasing a game? SF and SK's tactics seem to be start our two smallest strikers, lump long balls up to them, go behind in the game, replace the pair of them for Curran and Ngog and chuck everything at the game when we're chasing it. Perhaps if we set up in a better shape, we wouldn't need to chase the game.

Plus point was Fontaine who again looked a solid unit at the back.

No two ways about it now, must win on Saturday, can't cling on any longer without doing our business. I can't see us winning against a good St Johnstone team though, and even if we did, think we would get bodied by Livi in any potential play-off.

(05-09-2018, 06:38 PM)Strathglass Wrote: Bit harsh on Schalk to be fair. It is a matter of record that he is currently the 4th top scorer in the SPL and a couple of weeks ago was the highest in terms of goals per minute played. Clearly however if we are to continuously punt high balls upfield then Schalk, McKay and Curran are not the answer.

We have one goal since the split.yes you would hope other players would chip in,but when the real pressure has been on ,it hasn't worked for them.
Here's hoping they prove me wrong if they play on Saturday,or maybe they will try a different style of striker,like Mickelson,oh,no Coyle replaced him with Ifiong! Doh!
Damn and I thought Coyle was a great appointment at first.

Has the phrase "You had your chance and blew it" ever been more apt than with County since the split?

As has been mentioned before "Death by a thousand cuts" is also up there too.

Hopefully the phrase "escaped by the skin of their teeth" might work on Saturday.......... though I think "A squadron of pigs seen flying over Dingwall" is more likely.

I think the tension is stopping us from playing as a team, and the same visible in the Partick game, both teams were scared to make mistakes and it's hampering them from playing freely - Saturday will be so hard for everyone - team, fans, management....

I feel for Kett's and Fergie as they have come into a really hard task of trying to reverse the damage from earlier in the season - I'm confident they will build a team of battlers over the summer - no matter what happens, we will come back stronger from this!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-10-2018, 12:27 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: what does Ngog have to do to be given a chance

(04-05-2018, 04:41 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: What an embarrassment our transfer policy truly is. How much money have we wasted this season on Eagles, Ngog

Make your mind up. Is Ngog a waste of money or deserves a chance?

(05-10-2018, 10:58 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Make your mind up. Is Ngog a waste of money or deserves a chance?

He's a waste of money because he doesn't get a chance...

(05-10-2018, 11:27 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: He's a waste of money because he doesn't get a chance...

Would Vigurs be a good signing? You'be obviously seen a lot more of him than us so maybe could advise.

(05-10-2018, 11:56 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Would Vigurs be a good signing? You'be obviously seen a lot more of him than us so maybe could advise.

Realised your mistake and resorted to your go-to comment...thought as much.

It's a shame you try and scare off people who are fans of the same club as you and have the same common goal, but just slightly differing opinions on things. Oh well, you'll be pleased to know I'm going nowhere Big Grin

FWIW, I think he'd be a great signing in the Championship. From the few ICT games I've seen this year (awaits your quote), he's bossed it every time. Shame we can't look further than OTB again but he'd be a good signing all the same.

The "StaggiesAwayFromHome is an ICT fan" shtick has become even more tedious than his/her negativity.

(05-10-2018, 01:03 PM)Forfinn Wrote: The "StaggiesAwayFromHome is an ICT fan" shtick has become even more tedious than his/her negativity.

Thanks...I think.

(05-10-2018, 10:17 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: I think the tension is stopping us from playing as a team, and the same visible in the Partick game, both teams were scared to make mistakes and it's hampering them from playing freely - Saturday will be so hard for everyone - team, fans, management....

I feel for Kett's and Fergie as they have come into a really hard task of trying to reverse the damage from earlier in the season - I'm confident they will build a team of battlers over the summer - no matter what happens, we will come back stronger from this!

When your rock bottom there’s only one way you can go ,
Pity we didn’t throw big Souter on up front then the high ball,I couldn’t understand why Keller Dunn was not instructed to run at defence ,instead of back passing ,
It was a !penalty !what a difference it would have made ,
It is just an opinion but if we go down and I’m still full of hope we get play offs
But if we do down ,we should see better games Kenny
I will,still have my season ticket ,
Out with sitting in jail end get the old jail Enders back together ah man

(05-10-2018, 01:03 PM)Forfinn Wrote: The "StaggiesAwayFromHome is an ICT fan" shtick has become even more tedious than his/her negativity.

Not you as well! All the Caley fans are coming out the woodwork now!

*jokes**