Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dundee Tuesday Night - Last Home Game in the Top Flight?
Awful, once again.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

How bad was it? County Twitter made it sound like we missed half a dozen chances from inside the six yard box.

Shambolic, players not looking fit or up for it.

Dundee could have beaten us by more.

(05-08-2018, 09:37 PM)NVACA Wrote: How bad was it? County Twitter made it sound like we missed half a dozen chances from inside the six yard box.

I missed the first 20 minutes due to work, but other than DKD blazing volley over from ten yards and N'Gog somehow toepoking wide from four, we created very little although the radio had us as the better team before I started watching.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

N'Gog has only scored from a penalty for us, genuinely unsure how a striker of his (supposed) pedigree can miss so many chances.

(05-08-2018, 08:54 PM)Despot Wrote: Awful, once again.

embarrassing would be the under statement of the year we were made to look like fools more like a light training session for Dundee was planning Perth on Saturday but after that crap tonight not going to put myself or the kids through more misery we could not beat an egg never mind St J

Feel sorry for those who attended. StJ playing good stuff apparently. Death by a thousand cuts!

We lost to Hamilton
Then we draw against Partick
Tonight we lost to Dundee

We’ve had so many opportunities to gain at least a play off and haven’t taken one of them. Absolutely gutted.

Huff and Puff but no skill unfortunately. First half not one shot. Second half better but we're just not good enough. Midge booked for "diving" when he seemed to be clearly pushed in the penalty area, but to be fair we didn't deserve to draw never mind win. There's no quality in midfield. No-one to hold the ball, make a killer pass, control the game. Two small strikers so hoof the ball onto the head of a Dundee defender everytime.

For me Fontaine and Naismith were the 2 best players for us. I kept thinking - Who's going to actually score for us?

How we've managed to get to the last game of the season without being officially relegated is something quite remarkable. If we make the play-off position next Saturday that will be a miracle. We've won 6 games having played 37.

Can't blame the crowd, as again there was plenty of loud support, particularly as it's been a long, frustrating season.

What was McScarey doing with the goal apart from standing and watching the ball. Pathetic. What happened to Fox? Another terrible performance. I was thinking of going to Perth, not now.

(05-08-2018, 11:14 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Can't blame the crowd, as again there was plenty of loud support, particularly as it's been a long, frustrating season.

Apparently a lot of fans think Schalk is our player of the year. Maybe we're getting what we deserve.

No-one will ever blame the crowd mate. We’ve given this shower excellent vocal support home and away. Three management teams haven’t managed to get a reaction out of this squad. Will be in Perth on Saturday but with hope rather than expectation. As the great man once said “rip it up and start again”. Biggest frustration for me is that a title-winning development squad will be scrapped .... heartbreaking.

(05-07-2018, 02:59 AM)manogs Wrote: I think we have been poor all season, should we hold on to a slim hope we might survive ? I think the central belt will conspire against any hope we have. Dougie imrie had the chance to secure Hamilton on Saturday but chose to make sure of our demise. Should we scrape a play off space then let's go all out for it but I think we're past that. For me shalk has been trying way too hard to save this club from relegation, it's not up to you mate! Too many rash shots instead of playing team mates in. Then his big bonce getting in the way of kiats header was the last straw. Yes you won us the cup but you're trying waaaaay to hard to keep us up. Just relax a little and use your team mates. . Let's go out on Tuesday and just play football the way we expect to play it and get the 3 points . If we go down, which I fully expect then it's down to terrible decisions made b4 Christmas. Owen coyle was cetrtainly not our saviour. Jim and Billy will be creasing themselves watching the collapse of our sad looking club. Then the knee jerk reaction to sign up the dual management team is yet another poor decision by our board as this pair are not tried and tested and will not have the guile to take us back to the premiership. Maybe this is the plan to stay at what the media regard is our natural level. Who knows ? But I think we have under achieved and will struggle to turn this around. I hope they prove me wrong but I can't see it. Poor refereeing, poor play , poor selection and poor decisions have cost us our place in the premiership. Come on county give us a reason to shout!!!!

Agree with most of that, I was going to reply last night, decided to let the team prove me wrong, ah! wishful thinking.
So many players of the mark, Alex slashing at every ball, then again, not helped by woeful tactics, humping high balls towards towering defenders, resulting in both forwards having great difficulty in getting the ball down , whatever happened to playing to the feet?
We can’t take corners, or cross a decent ball.
Too many passengers tonight and for most of the season.
Time for a serious clear out.
Once again Draper had good game, one of the better performers, but, we still have some Eejits knocking every move he makes.
Sad that very poor Dundee team could take all 3 points, which sadl6 points to how bad we were.
Ok Buff, give us a clue who is the next Manager of Ross County.
As much as I like the two current post holders, and all their past history , they are not Managers, good youth coaches .
When supporting a football club, do not allow sentiments to get in the way.
John Greig, Billy McNeil, Willie Miller were al club legends, but not great managers.
Oh! Hugh Dallas was a decent referee , Andy Pandy Dallas could not run a bath .

(05-08-2018, 09:41 PM)NVACA Wrote: N'Gog has only scored from a penalty for us, genuinely unsure how a striker of his (supposed) pedigree can miss so many chances.

He missed one chance tonight.

(05-08-2018, 11:19 PM)skelbomark Wrote: What was McScarey doing with the goal apart from standing and watching the ball. Pathetic. What happened to Fox? Another terrible performance. I was thinking of going to Perth, not now.

How can you blame the keeper,?short corner,only one defender out at it,free cross into box,Davies doesn't attack it,it bounces in box before Murray gets to it. Horrendous defending

Just watched Alba.looked like MacKay was offside for disallowed goal,Gardyne booking for simulation,absolute joke,looked like O'Dea was agreeing with Gardyne
We have not won a game since split.
Not good enough.

Certainly not good enough over the season. Poor performances from professional players under three management teams, get them all transfer listed!

Player of the year, what a joke!

Once again ridiculously slow to make our substitutions, You could see at half time Mackay and Schalk were never going to score in a month of Sundays!

(05-09-2018, 06:53 AM)flashmeister Wrote: Once again ridiculously slow to make our substitutions, You could see at half time Mackay and Schalk were never going to score in a month of Sundays!

Totally agree.

(05-09-2018, 06:53 AM)flashmeister Wrote: Once again ridiculously slow to make our substitutions, You could see at half time Mackay and Schalk were never going to score in a month of Sundays!

Am already concerned about tactics. This comment is spot on. Similar concerns expressed across this forum in slow release of ball by our keepers, slow throw ins, lack of movement off the ball, players not fit, etc etc. Concerning for next season wherever we end up.

(05-09-2018, 12:37 AM)tattiedave Wrote: He missed one chance tonight.

Yep, the closest anyone came to scoring, a chance he engineered himself. Don't understand why anyone would single him out other than him being a big name.
The best performance I've seen from us all season was the 4-1 away win to Dundee, a game in which N'Gog started and we had a midfield featuring O'Brien, Kait and Keillor Dunn. I don't think we've seen it since.
Somebody here praised Draper last night but to me he looked back to his slow self late with challenges and when he had possession desperate to give the ball to anyone else.
Midfield was a problem before and probably even bigger this season, we've persevered too long with some and changed when it wasn't necessary with others. You could probably count on one hand the number of stops opposition keepers have made against us in the last 5 or 6 games.
How it's not over yet I don't know because this season has got increasingly brutal.

I thought at the time, giving the job to Ketts and Ferguson was possibly announced a bit too quickly.

They are going to have to rebuild the squad from scratch next year, which is going to be an utter bastard of a job.

Bar that Partick performance, yet to see anything to suggest that they are the answer.

A very interesting Summer awaits.

I can't believe we are not yet relegated, it has been dire for months. So many chances but simply we do not have the talent to beat the teams around us, that 4-0 hammering of Partick apart.

We were an average/poor team last season with one big difference, Boyce.
We replaced him with Mikkelsen and McKay, say no more.

(05-08-2018, 11:24 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Apparently a lot of fans think Schalk is our player of the year. Maybe we're getting what we deserve.

Naismith and Fraser miles ahead of him