Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dundee Tuesday Night - Last Home Game in the Top Flight?
I think we have been poor all season, should we hold on to a slim hope we might survive ? I think the central belt will conspire against any hope we have. Dougie imrie had the chance to secure Hamilton on Saturday but chose to make sure of our demise. Should we scrape a play off space then let's go all out for it but I think we're past that. For me shalk has been trying way too hard to save this club from relegation, it's not up to you mate! Too many rash shots instead of playing team mates in. Then his big bonce getting in the way of kiats header was the last straw. Yes you won us the cup but you're trying waaaaay to hard to keep us up. Just relax a little and use your team mates. . Let's go out on Tuesday and just play football the way we expect to play it and get the 3 points . If we go down, which I fully expect then it's down to terrible decisions made b4 Christmas. Owen coyle was cetrtainly not our saviour. Jim and Billy will be creasing themselves watching the collapse of our sad looking club. Then the knee jerk reaction to sign up the dual management team is yet another poor decision by our board as this pair are not tried and tested and will not have the guile to take us back to the premiership. Maybe this is the plan to stay at what the media regard is our natural level. Who knows ? But I think we have under achieved and will struggle to turn this around. I hope they prove me wrong but I can't see it. Poor refereeing, poor play , poor selection and poor decisions have cost us our place in the premiership. Come on county give us a reason to shout!!!!

It’s all just been a huge conspiracy ... we’re actually really quite good!

(05-06-2018, 11:31 PM)Fozzie Wrote: ... I don't expect Thistle to beat Motherwell, who should be looking to make amends for their doing by St.Johnstone).

What then happens on Saturday is anybody's guess but even now, it's still all to play for..

I fully believe PT will pick up three points against Motherwell, we need to win against Dundee tomorrow then win away to SJ too, do-able but tough given our form

(05-07-2018, 10:39 AM)frankthetank Wrote: I fully believe PT will pick up three points against Motherwell, we need to win against Dundee tomorrow then win away to SJ too, do-able but tough given our form

Surprised if this is the case. Any manager heading for a cup final will want to instill a winning mentality in their players and the players should be playing for their places in the final.

(05-06-2018, 09:36 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Player of the year: I’m past caring.
Dundee at Home: I’m past caring.
Relegation: I’m past caring.

Let’s just get this season over with.

Disappointed to read this PTJ.

I'll be supporting the team tonight and caring until we're mathematically down, as presumably most fans will be.

Wee McCann ain’t about to do us any favours. Odious, self-gratifying, small man. Would dearly love us to give them a good hiding just to hear his whining excuses after the game. He’ll be scampering back to his Sky TV gig pretty soon now that the Rangers job is away and his club are stoney-broke giving him another relegation battle to endure next season.

This is it then, win tonight and our fate will not be sealed until Saturday, draw or lose and Partick win and it's all over.

O'Hara is out for Dundee which is good.
Not sure if Davies (family illness) or Routis will be available.

Squeaky bum time.

Last chance saloon, three points required by any means possible.

I fully expect motherwell to have one eye on the cup final (like against SJ at the weekend) so highly likely PT will at least get a point if not all three in their game tonight, we have to win.

I've given up asking for O'Brien to be played, he's obviously not in Kets or Fergies good books, hopefully we go 442 tonight.

Change of plan..

@RCFCStaggies Our Player of the Year awards will happen tonight pre-match at 7.30pm and also during half time.

(05-08-2018, 09:38 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Change of plan..

@RCFCStaggies Our Player of the Year awards will happen tonight pre-match at 7.30pm and also during half time.

Embarrassing. Why are we not having it like we usually do on the pitch? Is Roy to afraid to face the fans after the season we've had?

Really, really poor.

Roy has nothing to be afraid off, and you can **** right off for even suggvesting he should be afraid!

(05-06-2018, 09:29 PM)Despot Wrote: Somehow Fraser has made it to the last four.

I'm not surprised Fraser made the last four, in fact I think he's a real chance of winning it.
OK he's had a couple of poor games in the last month or so, but over the course of the season he's been good.
He's played all over the back line when asked, admittedly he's uncomfortable at left back, but he still did his best there.

I do however think Naismith would also be a worthy winner.

The problem with these votes are people vote on recent form, Schalk has hardly been in the team this season, and for the most has been disappointing - but a hat-trick the other week around the time votes were being cast will see him up and around the final placings.

I remember a few years back I did a man of the match vote every game, with the winner getting 3 points, second place 2 points and third place getting 1 point.

At the end of the season points were tallied, and Gary Miller won - despite him only getting one or 2 man of the match awards.
But he was constantly in the top three all season and won the player of the year by a landslide.
A much better format to deciding it in my opinion

(05-08-2018, 09:38 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Change of plan..

Best change all season.

(05-08-2018, 12:51 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Roy has nothing to be afraid off, and you can **** right off for even suggvesting he should be afraid!

Why do it then? I and other's I've spoken to enjoy the end of season awards as they were. Why cram it into just before KO and HT, and lessing the opportunity for fans to mingle with the players and management?

(05-08-2018, 01:32 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I and other's I've spoken to enjoy the end of season awards as they were.

I can't imagine you enjoy them that much, especially after Dunfermline scored that late equaliser the day you had yours.

(05-08-2018, 01:44 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: I can't imagine you enjoy them that much, especially after Dunfermline scored that late equaliser the day you had yours.

Hahaha, right enough that must have been a hilarious event, no wonder that idiot above was quiet whilst that happened, sick as a dog

Fair enough. Seems nobody else is bothered. Just find it a shame myself, never mind, far more important things to focus on tonight.

C'mon the Staggies, give us something to shout about in this season of pure misery.

Good luck County and hope the support cheer us on to victory. Will be watching for Sky Sports updates from Spain tonight. Get intae them!!!!

Still at work.

Bricking it.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(05-08-2018, 07:53 PM)Despot Wrote: Still at work.

Bricking it.

We started off very well with BBC Stats showing us being dominant. However at half time stats changed to show us being 45% to Dundee being 55%. Hopefully a good half time talk to reinvigorate for the final 4 minutes and a positive result!!