Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PARTICK AWAY - FRIDAY 4th MAY
Played reasonably well in bursts but we are a poor, poor side.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Interesting times ahead but I am optimistic, time to rebuild . Given time (something they have not yet had) I hope the current management team will be able to bring in some fresh ideas and players. There is clearly the passion to make the club great again. It will take time and it might be painful at times but here’s looking to the future whatever it may bring!!

(05-05-2018, 09:05 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Yet another shocking mistake by Harry Souttar. Wonder how long it will take for some people to admit they were wrong over him. Terrible signing like I said at the time - his inexperience showed yet again tonight.

Bar Billy Mckay, another very poor display again. We seemed to be settling for a point towards the end which is ludicrous given how much we needed that win.

I was going to avoid responding to your totally negative drivel,but I've failed. Were you at the game on Friday night?
I await your response.

(05-05-2018, 11:13 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I was going to avoid responding to your totally negative drivel,but I've failed. Were you at the game on Friday night?
I await your response.

Yes.

(05-06-2018, 12:32 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Yes.

Fake news! Your season ended last Saturday. Don’t tell porkies.

(05-06-2018, 08:41 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Fake news! Your season ended last Saturday. Don’t tell porkies.

Class

(05-06-2018, 09:40 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Class

I can hardly contain my laughter.

Ah well, Partick down as well. Well done Livi, looked to be determined and we probably would have struggled to stay up even if we did manage the play off spot with them in this form.

(05-20-2018, 05:22 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Ah well, Partick down as well. Well done Livi, looked to be determined and we probably would have struggled to stay up even if we did manage the play off spot with them in this form.

Good for crowds, good for competition, perhaps good for attracting players to stay? Going to be very indicative of the two clubs' relative pulling power next season.

I have to say watching that game rankles. Partick were awful and yet comfortably finished above County. Livingston did very little creatively, but comfortably beat Partick.

I'd have fancied County to beat both of those sides, going purely on those two games.

Meh, competitive league next year.

(05-20-2018, 05:37 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Good for crowds, good for competition, perhaps good for attracting players to stay? Going to be very indicative of the two clubs' relative pulling power next season.

I have to say watching that game rankles. Partick were awful and yet comfortably finished above County. Livingston did very little creatively, but comfortably beat Partick.

I'd have fancied County to beat both of those sides, going purely on those two games.

Meh, competitive league next year.

Mmm Partick will likely have to rebuild now also so likely Livi would have been stronger if they stayed in the Championship? Who knows...

I’m certainly no expert but I can confidently predict that next season won’t be a stroll in the park. I’d bite your hand off for a play-off spot.

(05-20-2018, 05:58 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: I’m certainly no expert but I can confidently predict that next season won’t be a stroll in the park. I’d bite your hand off for a play-off spot.

Aye, agreed.

Am I right in thinking Hearts are the only team to have won the Championship the year after being relegated?
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(05-20-2018, 06:57 PM)central staggie Wrote: Aye, agreed.

Am I right in thinking Hearts are the only team to have won the Championship the year after being relegated?

Hibs did it in the 90s and ICT did it in 2010.

(05-20-2018, 06:58 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Hibs did it in the 90s and ICT did it in 2010.

I was talking about since it was re-branded as the Championship, but nonetheless it doesn't happen too often.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(05-20-2018, 09:10 PM)central staggie Wrote: I was talking about since it was re-branded as the Championship, but nonetheless it doesn't happen too often.

You could look at it as being overdue then!