Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PARTICK AWAY - FRIDAY 4th MAY
Not going to lie, my nerves are shot already.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Any team news?

"Ross County side: Fox, Fraser, Naismith, Souttar, Gardyne, Schalk, Draper, Lindsay, Mckay, Fontaine, Melbourne

County subs: McCarey, Dow, Curran, N'Gog, O'Brien, Keillor-Dunn, Kait."

From the Partick Twitter account.

Naismith and Midge in for Davies and Tansey then, who don't even make the bench.
Routis still injured.

I'll be honest, seeing that Partick have Cerny back in goals doesn't make me very confident, he's usually decent.

Oh well a nice midweek to trip Ayr and Greenock it is then.

This is hard listening

Although a little bit easier now.

Heartbreaking not to come away with 3 points, now it's not in our hands going into the last two games of the season.

Just not good enough. Disappointed not to see more urgency in the last 10 minutes. Would rather see Kait for Lindsay on Tuesday.

Needed height of Ngog as game worn on. Midge good and when a second creative player came on -DKD- we threatened more.

Have to rely on other teams now but we can still make 11th, looking back I’m pretty confident we wouldn’t be in this position if we hadn’t wasted 6 months or so under Owen coyle, tonight there was plenty of effort again we just lack a bit of quality, another solid performance from Fontaine who I would love to stay at County and also a welcome return for player of the year Jason Naismith, maybe hope for a dundee win tomorrow so they are safe when they arrive in Dingwall on Tuesday

335 of us there

Harry Souter,what were you doing? You had to win that ball.punt from the keeper,missed header cross in the box,goal.
The last two games stupid defensive mistakes have crept back in and cost us

(05-05-2018, 07:09 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Harry Souter,what were you doing? You had to win that ball.punt from the keeper,missed header cross in the box,goal.
The last two games stupid defensive mistakes have crept back in and cost us

Yes mistakes last night by Harry & last week as well when he poorly cleared a header & then stood & watched as Accies scored their 2nd goal. Would be tempted to bring Davies back in if available!
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Yet another shocking mistake by Harry Souttar. Wonder how long it will take for some people to admit they were wrong over him. Terrible signing like I said at the time - his inexperience showed yet again tonight.

Bar Billy Mckay, another very poor display again. We seemed to be settling for a point towards the end which is ludicrous given how much we needed that win.

(05-05-2018, 09:05 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Yet another shocking mistake by Harry Souttar. Wonder how long it will take for some people to admit they were wrong over him. Terrible signing like I said at the time - his inexperience showed yet again tonight.

Bar Billy Mckay, another very poor display again. We seemed to be settling for a point towards the end which is ludicrous given how much we needed that win.

Christ on a bike, did Harry Souttar spurn your advances or something? I think he’s generally been pretty solid this season, he makes the odd mistake, but the lad’s 19, and hasn’t played a great deal of first team football. A club like Stoke doesn’t rate him for nothing! Fraser made 2 mistakes in one game, but I didn’t see you calling for his head in such a hysterical fashion.

With regards to the game, Billy McKay looks like he’s finally getting where we needed him to be in terms of sharpness, unfortunately it’s a bit late! The only positive from the result is that a point is better than no points. We have to hope for some help from others now!

(05-05-2018, 10:16 AM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Christ on a bike, did Harry Souttar spurn your advances or something? I think he’s generally been pretty solid this season, he makes the odd mistake, but the lad’s 19, and hasn’t played a great deal of first team football. A club like Stoke doesn’t rate him for nothing! Fraser made 2 mistakes in one game, but I didn’t see you calling for his head in such a hysterical fashion.

With regards to the game, Billy McKay looks like he’s finally getting where we needed him to be in terms of sharpness, unfortunately it’s a bit late! The only positive from the result is that a point is better than no points. We have to hope for some help from others now!

You've made my point for me. He's 19 and hasn't had much first team experience. I quite frankly don't care if he's highly rated or goes onto big things, we need him now and for the next 2 matches and the fact is at this moment in time, he isn't good enough, and was a terrible signing for all the reasons you mentioned.

In this situation we need experience and someone who does have "a great deal of fist team football".

(05-05-2018, 10:32 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: You've made my point for me. He's 19 and hasn't had much first team experience. I quite frankly don't care if he's highly rated or goes onto big things, we need him now and for the next 2 matches and the fact is at this moment in time, he isn't good enough, and was a terrible signing for all the reasons you mentioned.

In this situation we need experience and someone who does have "a great deal of fist team football".

Like a clearly unfit Davies? He’s looked off the pace for months and I think he would be an easy target forbteams to deploy a quick striker against. With Routis out, we’re pretty low on defensive options to be honest, especially with a back 3. If the likes of Fraser and Fontaine can provide requisite cover to mask Davies current deficiencies due to his injury problems, then great, but I’d rather have Souttar in there at the moment.

(05-05-2018, 10:47 AM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Like a clearly unfit Davies? He’s looked off the pace for months and I think he would be an easy target forbteams to deploy a quick striker against. With Routis out, we’re pretty low on defensive options to be honest, especially with a back 3. If the likes of Fraser and Fontaine can provide requisite cover to mask Davies current deficiencies due to his injury problems, then great, but I’d rather have Souttar in there at the moment.

I think you're missing the point. It was a ridiculous signing in the first place.

And, FWIW, there's nothing making us play a back 3? We looked much better last night when we went 4-4-2. Partick outplayed us for the first 30 minutes, before we switched it around, so I don't see why we can't go with Naismith - Fraser - Fontaine - Melbourne.

Maybe we'll get Soutar on the cheap now that Stoke have been relegated.
(I'm joking SAFH).

Last night along with the performance at Accies last week was simply not good enough, two poor teams that we have failed to beat. It's been a dire, forgettable season, as was last season.