Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PARTICK AWAY - FRIDAY 4th MAY
No need to tell you how important this game is on Friday - if you are able to make the early bus down to Partick on Friday afternoon, then get it booked ASAP by phoning 01349 860860 - you have until Wednesday 10am to book your seat on the bus.

The bus will run subject to demand, so if there are sufficient numbers the bus won't run - D&E have given the deadline of 10am on Wednesday to cancel the bus.

Unfortunately not able to make this one - but would urge anyone who can make that early bus to get it booked and get down and help shout the team to a massive 3 points!!

Fingers crossed we see a massive reaction from the team on Friday - I'm sure they are all hurting after that Hamilton result!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Will be glued to the TV. cheering the boys on. We are in the last chance saloon and hopefully they will put in a performance of their lives as only they can dictate things on the pitch once they cross the white line. Would like to see Jim o Brien back in the team. A win of any kind would set us up nicely for Dundee on the Tuesday night. Mon the County 3 points please.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

This is the Alamo, Rourkes Drift & Lucknow all rolled into one. Lose this and we are relegated. I can see it being a draw, and things getting spun out to the bitter end.

“It’s the hope that kills you”

(04-30-2018, 10:39 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: This is the Alamo, Rourkes Drift & Lucknow all rolled into one. Lose this and we are relegated. I can see it being a draw, and things getting spun out to the bitter end.

“It’s the hope that kills you”

Jim McIntyre loved a wee Alamo reference.

Heady days of being just as rubbish but having a divisional top scorer in the team.

Will be a nervy affair - but the boys know they put 4 past Partick in Dingwall and they should be going into this game all guns blazing - Partick's defence look dreadful, but out front line have drawn a blank recently, so we need to ensure we get fired right into them from the KO......Draper is suspended, so I'd go with O'Brien, and I'd play Midge in the number 10 role....

Fingers crossed we can secure the three points - CMON LADS, YOU CAN STILL DO THIS!!

Draper being out for this one actually makes me very nervous. No way I can get through to Glasgow in time for this one so I'll be nervously watching at home behind a cushion or two.

It’s a match between two teams who have proved to be inconsistent over the course of the season. Both are capable of putting in the occasional good performance but neither have managed three consecutive decent results. We desperately need three and in reality they probably only need one good performance and that is on Friday night! COYS

It’s win or bust it is as simple as that

I thought Draper was out but he's not on the SFA suspension list from 27 April.

(05-01-2018, 09:21 PM)john@THHP Wrote: I thought Draper was out but he's not on the SFA suspension list from 27 April.

Great news, we really need to win the middle of the park, IMO that's what won us the match last time (that and a great opener from Alex).

Woods has been a big player for PT lately, both goals in their win over Hamilton came from Martin Woods' cross balls, he's going to need to be controlled, I'd expect Draper to be up to that task.

Fraser in the back three for Davies, Naismith wide right please.

(05-01-2018, 10:21 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Great news, we really need to win the middle of the park, IMO that's what won us the match last time (that and a great opener from Alex).

Woods has been a big player for PT lately, both goals in their win over Hamilton came from Martin Woods' cross balls, he's going to need to be controlled, I'd expect Draper to be up to that task.

Fraser in the back three for Davies, Naismith wide right please.

Woods can be got to. By that I mean if you harry and harass him on the ball he doesn’t like it, and quickly gets stroppy. He has to be one of the biggest babies on the pitch when it doesn’t go his way. So I couldn’t agree more, big job for Draper to do there.

And for Marcus Fraser to quit drinking, or whatever the hell he was on last week.

We need this to be a win do we have the players (I THINK SO) the selection is critical Kettlewell and Ferguson I think have the ability to pick the team to match up and beat Partick Thistle If we get right into there faces get the ball on the ground and supply Schalk and Mackay from the wings into the box goals will come As for Martin Woods make him chase the ball and don't give him a chance to take free kicks in and around the penalty area I CANNOT NOT MAKE THIS GAME BUT WOULD LOVE TO BE IN THE STAND CHEERING ON THE MIGHTY COUNTY TO A BRILLIANT WIN (COM ON YOU STAGGIES)

What is it with people and thinking we have a superior squad to everybody else? This squad hasn't responded to 4 managers this season now. Whilst the managers must take some responsibility (one more than others), this squad clearly isn't up to it either.

Not only that, they've been abysmal for two seasons now, it's just we were saved by Boyce before. When are people going to realise we don't actually have that good a squad.

No way with work commitments can I make this game. Let's look at how it goes. The last game at GES vs Partick T came down to who bullied who. At that level we win. Next part is who scores most and there we have the problem. I've always l Iiked Schalk and Mackay but I would start with N'gog and Mackay. Defence anything but an unfit Davis.

BUS pick up times for Friday's trip to Partick:

Tore - 2:15pm
Stadium - 2:30pm
Inverness - 2:50pm

Call 01349 860860 if you haven't secured your seat but want to travel down on the bus

Okay for those of us unable to travel, where are we all watching it, I'd be keen to go to a pub in Inverness but not sure where would be best?

(05-01-2018, 11:13 PM)the reaper Wrote: No way with work commitments can I make this game. Let's look at how it goes. The last game at GES vs Partick T came down to who bullied who. At that level we win. Next part is who scores most and there we have the problem. I've always l Iiked Schalk and Mackay but I would start with N'gog and Mackay. Defence anything but an unfit Davis.

Imagine the Patrick defenders would think they had won a watch if Schalk was on the bench. Might be wrong but think N'gog (admittedly with limited game time ) has only scored a penalty so far and McKay one goal this season.

We didn’t really create that many clear cut chances last week against Hamilton. The other problem was that when one of the strikers did get forward, there was next to no support or runners from midfield.

If you look at the way the really good teams are set up on the counter attack - there are three aspects that stand out. They break at pace with three or four supporting options by the time they reach the penalty box, they use the full width of the pitch to their advantage (with players also being told to set out wider positions at goal kicks or when building an attack from defence) and they have the energy to track back and defend in numbers when need be.

That combined with chasing down every ball, not giving PT any space and thinking one move ahead / creating space after passing (all of which were done very effectively in the 4-0 win against them a few weeks back) would provide us with the best chance of getting the three points. It might sound like the basics, but County don’t always do the basics (as was the case last week which hopefully was just a blip).

With that in mind I would start with our best goalkeeper (Fox); three centre backs (Davies, Souttar and Fraser); two attacking fluid full backs / wing backs (Naismith and Melbourne); Draper and Lindsay in central midfield; Kait in left midfield driving forward and Schalk and McKay up front (with N’Gog coming on second half if need be). Would also like to see Keillor Dunn or Gardyne involved and Fontaine coming on in the latter stages to protect any lead. Fontaine has impressed in recent games, but I would personally leave him out of the starting line-up because of his poor distribution.

However, whatever the team selection - and since OC has left - the football has been more entertaining (last week excepted) and there has been more togetherness and more desire / willingness to fight.

A real pressure game with so much at stake. However, the management and players can be assured that the away hardcore and everyone watching on TV up North are 100% behind you.

Can't go down due to work,tried to argue the case that I'd not be able to concentrate at work,so it would be better to give me time off,no joy!
But you're correct Fyrish,first time in a long time that the fans are right behind the team,hopefully Schalk continues where he left off against Partick and becomes their bogeyman.

We'll done to all those going to the game tonight. Let's hope the long journey is rewarding.
A draw is as good as a loss, so I hope we set up to score goals. Probably expecting too much for Schalk to get another hat trick, but surely he has to start. McKay looks likely but hasn't exactly been scoring freely. Maybe tonight.......

Sounded like we we were rubbish at Accies so hopefully that was just a blip.

We need a win to set us up for a big night against Dundee.