Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top tackles @ Victoria Park or GES
Bit of comment on Melbourne's tackle on Kipre last Saturday. One of the best I've seen. Completely wiped the guy out, in line with rules, no foul, no card just took the ball clean and nice as you like and left Kipre as collateral damage. Where does this rank in the top ten tackles.

I remember the great face to face between Scott Brown and Kovasevic a few years back with some absolute crunchers between them which ended at full time with Brown running over to him and shaking his hand.

Any others??

This might be recency bias, but one of my favourites is Draper’s last week where the ball boomed 40 yards across the pitch toward the east stand.

Kettlewell’s red card at Partick Thistle was memorable, we were still singing his song from coming on as a sub when he walked back toward the tunnel!

Ross Tokely on Ryan Fraser in our first game at Pittodrie was amazing. You could almost see him calculating that he wasn't going to be able to catch Fraser so just wiped him out instead and happily received a yellow card. Beautiful in its brutal simplicity.

Small wonder Fraser didn't stay in Scotland long after tackles like that!

Liam on brown near the halfway line, just after slotting home the equalizing penalty, then taking a yellow card on brown in front of the East Stand.
It had the desired effect as brown then lost the plot before getting a sent off shortly after.

Hilarious watching wee Griffiths crap himself as he squared up to VDW after Brown's retaliation.

Michael Gardyne’s earlier this season?

(04-27-2018, 11:01 PM)the reaper Wrote: Bit of comment on Melbourne's tackle on Kipre last Saturday. One of the best I've seen. Completely wiped the guy out, in line with rules, no foul, no card just took the ball clean and nice as you like and left Kipre as collateral damage. Where does this rank in the top ten tackles.

I remember the great face to face between Scott Brown and Kovasevic a few years back with some absolute crunchers between them which ended at full time with Brown running over to him and shaking his hand.

Any others??

Remember that well and going from the high of that tackle on brown to absolute rage at kovajevic getting booked and brown getting away with his 2 footed lunge just seconds earlier.
Check it out on YouTube , kovajevic vs Scott brown.