Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kett's & Fergie Appointed Permanent Management Team
(04-25-2018, 09:54 PM)Strathglass Wrote: Now if Staggies away from Home chimes in as well they could go up to 100 !

It has to be fans of our club to count!

(04-25-2018, 09:54 PM)Strathglass Wrote: Now if Staggies away from Home chimes in as well they could go up to 100 !

I'm in - however, what I find strange and somewhat worrying, is the length of contract hasn't been announced. I hope we haven't show them disrespect by offering them a 1 year deal but at the same time, hope we haven't got down the ICT route and offered a novice a 4 year deal.

Happy with the appointment, but concerned by this.

(04-26-2018, 12:22 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: It has to be fans of our club to count!

Pete The Jake - is that you?

(04-27-2018, 07:55 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I'm in - however, what I find strange and somewhat worrying, is the length of contract hasn't been announced. I hope we haven't show them disrespect by offering them a 1 year deal but at the same time, hope we haven't got down the ICT route and offered a novice a 4 year deal.

Happy with the appointment, but concerned by this.

Pete The Jake - is that you?

I'm sure both guys are very capable of speaking up for themselves and I don't see Roy disrespecting either of these long-term club employees

The thing that does bode well though is that we have two guys who won't be making massive demands of the club like fancy cars, big houses etc - both guys WANT to work for Ross County and love living up here......that'll do for me!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Also a bit under the radar but the appointment of RB as reserve team manager looks a positive as well.

Exclamation 
(04-24-2018, 08:21 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Congrats to Fergie and Ketts.

Ferguson was one of the 'Culbokie 7', so if there's ever an excuse to post this video again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTE_y2NJNJw

Cheers John. Brilliant.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I'm going to be shot down for this, but am I the only one on here a bit worried about the haste of the decision to make Ferg and Ketts official permanent mangers?

The Coyle appointment, with his track record over the last 10 years, has to rank amongst the most bizarre and awful decisions ever made by any club anywhere. (feel free to read my posts on that one and speak to fans at Blackburn, Houston, Wigan and Bolton).

It was an excellent decision to appoint them interim managers after the Coyle fiasco, but I'm not certain we shouldn't have waited till the dust has settled on whether we're still in the Premiership or not next season. Take the summer to coolly look at our possibilities and then decide who'll be the best option to either retain our status or help us get promotion. It might well be Ferg and Ketts but it could also be someone with more managerial experience. No-one doubts F & K's loyalty to the club, desire to do well etc. but even from their personal point of view could it be too soon?

(04-30-2018, 10:32 AM)It's Only A Game Wrote: I'm going to be shot down for this, but am I the only one on here a bit worried about the haste of the decision to make Ferg and Ketts official permanent mangers?

The Coyle appointment, with his track record over the last 10 years, has to rank amongst the most bizarre and awful decisions ever made by any club anywhere. (feel free to read my posts on that one and speak to fans at Blackburn, Houston, Wigan and Bolton).

It was an excellent decision to appoint them interim managers after the Coyle fiasco, but I'm not certain we shouldn't have waited till the dust has settled on whether we're still in the Premiership or not next season. Take the summer to coolly look at our possibilities and then decide who'll be the best option to either retain our status or help us get promotion. It might well be Ferg and Ketts but it could also be someone with more managerial experience. No-one doubts F & K's loyalty to the club, desire to do well etc. but even from their personal point of view could it be too soon?

I think you make a good point. I'm actually in favour of them being the management team, however, you do raise some valid questions and the tactical mistakes over the last few weeks have left me very concerned and wondering if they are the right management team for the club at this moment in time.

The squad has remained more or less the same over the course of the season. A few new faces here and there and a couple shown the door. Unfortunately, we’re on our third management team and the squad is still underperforming. Pointless criticising Fergie and Ketts. A clear out of players is required whichever league we play in next season. At the moment I couldn’t give a damn whether we win, lose or draw on Friday. Scunnered!!!

I'm all for Ketts/fergie and wish them all the luck and success they deserve although I do retain some reservations such as has it come too early for them,?
Will they have the respect of the so called big name players like Ngog, Davies etc and the players brought in by Coyle?
How good are their contacts for bringing in new players with them both being at county for so long?
I'm also hoping they don't show blind loyalty to underperforming fans favourites.

It's not over yet - and if we do end up going down then it 'll have been due to issues earlier in the season. I have full faith in these two guys to build a team of players who will give 100% for Ross County - have faith please!

There will be nobody hurting more right now than Ketts and Fergie!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Happy birthday Stevie Ferguson.