Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hamilton Away - Early KO 12:30
You must be very disappointed to miss out on a play off spot, but you really shouldn’t take your frustration out on our players, it’s really no concern of yours. Thanks for taking an interest though.

(04-29-2018, 11:10 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: You must be very disappointed to miss out on a play off spot, but you really shouldn’t take your frustration out on our players, it’s really no concern of yours. Thanks for taking an interest though.

That's a really funny joke Pete, truly. I aspire to be as funny as you one day in my life. You make the same joke every post I make, yet somehow make it funnier and different each time, it's very impressive.

Has to be one of the worst games I've ever witnessed, it must have been horrific viewing on Sky.
I trust Kettlewell and Ferg will read the riot act, do some of those players not realise they are playing for their futures or do they just not give a toss.
Huge performance needed on Friday.

Accies are an absolute gang, horrible to watch, but we knew that going into the game and just didn't appear to be setup properly.
Very disappointing after some recent hope.

(04-28-2018, 06:50 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I have a question, where was Naismith today, I mean he's been by far our best player this season, on as a sub last week, not even on the bench this week?

How can O'Brien not get any game time? Tansey was poor, midge was utterly hopeless once he came off the bench but still no Jim O'Brien?

Can our players PLEASE practise quick throw ins. We are clueless with them, seem to waste time (even when we're losing) then throw a high ball to McKay who's been marked by two tall centre halves, it's the basics and it's EVERY week, surely professional coaches are seeing it too.

I can only imagine that with Naismith's knee, they've decided not to risk him on the Artificial surface - just my thought.

As for throw ins - I think we've got a lot of other things to focus on before we start working on throw-ins!

(04-30-2018, 01:08 PM)thejailender Wrote: I can only imagine that with Naismith's knee, they've decided not to risk him on the Artificial surface - just my thought.

As for throw ins - I think we've got a lot of other things to focus on before we start working on throw-ins!

Why? I think the OP makes a good point. One quick throw in and we could be in. I used to spent a week every few months in Carlisle for work and took in a few of their games and they used to be great at it. Some people forget that you can't be offside from a throw in. One clever minded player getting behind is a great way of setting up chances.

Our throw ins have been atrocious all season both offensively and defensively. We have lost so much possession through this that I would have to say it is definitely a factor that has to be addressed. Max Melbourne takes a long throw quite well so, with better off ball movement, this is certainly an area that we could gain some ground over all previous performances this season.

To be fair there has been so much to sort, that not everything can be fixed at once.

Harry Souter IMO is a real talent and I would not be surprised to see him play for Scotland one day. Yes he got a bit of a run around at times from Templeton yesterday but he will bank that as experience. Older and more experienced players did not deal with Templeton well.

Got to get the Hamilton game out of the system - learn from it then three wins ahead and we are safe!

Simples...........

(04-30-2018, 04:01 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: Harry Souter IMO is a real talent and I would not be surprised to see him play for Scotland one day.

Simples...........

Just coughed up my tea...

(04-30-2018, 04:12 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Just coughed up my tea...

Well each to their own.

The lad is nineteen and is a stand out in most games. He has outstanding potential.