Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hamilton Away - Early KO 12:30
Hard to raise any positives today. I guess we were the better of two poor teams in the first half, just.
Another moment of individual madness brings us to our knees and it never improved from there.

It’s done, gone forget it.

Friday’s game will decide our season now, lose or draw and we’re down. But if we can pull ourselves together and win .................Please can someone put his foot on the ball and be creative it’s our only chance

1st half we were better team but after Hamilton went ahead there was only going to be one winner, plenty of effort but Hamilton defence and keeper rarely tested, a real disappointment today in what was a massive game, Hamilton are brutal, mackinnon is a thug and imrie is woeful but it pains me to say they are better than what we have.
What sort of team will County have next year regardless of what league it is; fox chow Dow routis McKay draper Keillor Dunn all others out of contract?

(04-28-2018, 05:24 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: .Please can someone put his foot on the ball and be creative it’s our only chance

You mean like Martin Woods used to do?

I have a question, where was Naismith today, I mean he's been by far our best player this season, on as a sub last week, not even on the bench this week?

How can O'Brien not get any game time? Tansey was poor, midge was utterly hopeless once he came off the bench but still no Jim O'Brien?

Can our players PLEASE practise quick throw ins. We are clueless with them, seem to waste time (even when we're losing) then throw a high ball to McKay who's been marked by two tall centre halves, it's the basics and it's EVERY week, surely professional coaches are seeing it too.

We are absolute dross.

Hamilton on easy street once they scored.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-28-2018, 06:50 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I have a question, where was Naismith today, I mean he's been by far our best player this season, on as a sub last week, not even on the bench this week?

How can O'Brien not get any game time? Tansey was poor, midge was utterly hopeless once he came off the bench but still no Jim O'Brien?

Can our players PLEASE practise quick throw ins. We are clueless with them, seem to waste time (even when we're losing) then throw a high ball to McKay who's been marked by two tall centre halves, it's the basics and it's EVERY week, surely professional coaches are seeing it too.

To be fair to Midge, he was played totally out of position - he needs to be played much further forward hiting the by-line. Agree, where was Naismith, was looking forward to seeing him. Streets ahead of what was on display today.

(04-28-2018, 06:22 PM)Gmont82 Wrote: What sort of team will County have next year regardless of what league it is; fox chow Dow routis McKay draper Keillor Dunn all others out of contract?

Keillor Dunn has a contract until 2020, one of the few good things that Owen Coyle did for us.

Probably the worst game of football I have ever watched on Sky Sports both sides brutal I am trying to convince myself that the pitch played a part.

We Beat Patrick 4 -0 recently we have failed miserably with must win games this season last chance saloon next Friday.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Despite today's performance, avoiding automatic relegation is still in our own hands. It pretty much has to be a win next Friday night though - just like the last game against Partick! Let's hope for a similar outcome.

Disappointing that the heads seemed to go down after losing the first goal after being the better side up until then.

There is an argument the Friday's game is the most important in our history, from a financial point of view at least, more important than either of our cup finals.

We know that we have the beating of Partick. We just have to be fully committed for the full ninety minutes. Lose and we are effectively down. Surely, that is the only incentive we need.

(04-28-2018, 08:55 PM)NVACA Wrote: Keillor Dunn has a contract until 2020, one of the few good things that Owen Coyle did for us.

And he played him.

Wasn't at the game, so perhaps those that were are in a better place to comment, but that looked pitiful on the telly. Hamilton are useless and to look even worse than them really is a sad situation to be in.

People (me included) might be happy with Kettelwell and Ferguson, however, glaring mistakes were made today. Yet again Davies is drafted in out of nowhere and, whilst not making any glaring errors, was very poor all game and clearly without game time. Where is Naismith? Why was Tansey drafted in out of absolutely nowhere, as supposed to keeping the team that have been playing better recently? Why was Gardyne played completely out of position yesterday? Why can't they see that we had absolutely NO attacking threat whatsoever due to the formation they have chosen being restrictive in an attacking sense, and brought DKD on when it was clear we needed a goal? Marcus Fraser has been fairly solid all season but was at fault for both goals yesterday...probably due to the fact Kett & Ferg chop and change with his position every game, no wonder his heads a bit all over the place.

I know everybody loves Schalk but my goodness he was awful yesterday, and we perhaps saw why other managers haven't been so keen to play him. He can't bring anyone else into play, nothing sticks with him. Numerous times we played it into his feet, hoping he could give us a break from Accies attack's, and he lost it, allowing Accies to attack again.. Really poor from him and Ngog and/or Curran should have been brought on earlier to provide a physical threat, as it was clear this was never going to be a pretty game of passing football. Some games do just not suit Schalk (usually the games that really matter), and yesterday was certainly one of those.

So I know everyone is feeling positive about the new management team, but I think there needs to be some realism. They're both very inexperienced and are making glaring errors. Patient needs to be given as I feel when we go down, it might get worse before it gets better again. Facts of the matter are we have won only ONE game in SEVEN since they took over, despite improved performances, and this includes 4 home games, and 2 failures to beat Hamilton. By no means am I saying to get rid or anything, but people need to be cautious before lauding the new management team. I would point towards when everyone slaughtered me for suggesting that Harry Souttar might not be the greatest signing ever as some seemed to be suggesting. I think yesterday's 'performance' firmly puts to bed who was right on that one.

Lose next week and we are 100% down, although I feel if we avoid defeat it's just postponing the inevitable anyway.

(04-29-2018, 10:16 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: . I think yesterday's 'performance' firmly puts to bed who was right on that one

Y'see, you make some valid points a lot of people will already agree with but then you put crap like this totally nullifying any relevance they may have had.

(04-29-2018, 11:06 AM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Y'see, you make some valid points a lot of people will already agree with but then you put crap like this totally nullifying any relevance they may have had.

I'm sorry, but just stating the truth. I was vilified when I said Souttar might not be the greatest signing ever due to his inexperience, yet everyone was talking as though he was going to be god's gift. He was quite frankly awful yesterday.

Imagine shouting from the roof tops blaming Souttar, hahaha

What an idiot, obviously you weren't watching as Fraser was the stand out clown yesterday.

Away back to the dump with you.

(04-29-2018, 11:30 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I'm sorry, but just stating the truth. I was vilified when I said Souttar might not be the greatest signing ever due to his inexperience, yet everyone was talking as though he was going to be god's gift. He was quite frankly awful yesterday.

No, "everyone " wasn't, far from it. Don't make things up. Most people however were just pleased Coyle brought in a central defender, and a 2nd one with Fontaine.
Given you've already questioned why Davies was brought in out of the cold yesterday you obviously recognise that but the more you type the more you contradict.

Thought Souttar generally did okay yesterday, his struggles coming from Accies trying to get Templeton 1 on 1 with him as much as possible where his size was a disadvantage against a far nippier player.

Why we had Draper marking Ferguson (which he did well) when Templeton is clearly the only talented out ball Hamilton have is astonishing.

Tbf Souttar did pretty well, in the first half where it was easier for me to see them clash, young Souttar didn't put a foot wrong. The mistake, which many of us spotted was not putting Draper/Tansey/anybody on Templeton to stop him running at our back three.

(04-29-2018, 03:05 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Why we had Draper marking Ferguson (which he did well) when Templeton is clearly the only talented out ball Hamilton have is astonishing.

Tbf Souttar did pretty well, in the first half where it was easier for me to see them clash, young Souttar didn't put a foot wrong. The mistake, which many of us spotted was not putting Draper/Tansey/anybody on Templeton to stop him running at our back three.

I think it's a similar issue with Souttar- Draper is great at bullying people out of the game, but Templeton has pace and quick feet- it's asking for bookings putting him on Templeton.

(04-29-2018, 12:04 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Imagine shouting from the roof tops blaming Souttar, hahaha

What an idiot, obviously you weren't watching as Fraser was the stand out clown yesterday.

Away back to the dump with you.

When did I blame Souttar? I said he had a poor game.

Someone calling me an ICT fan for saying it as it is. Well that's original.

(04-29-2018, 12:35 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: No, "everyone " wasn't, far from it. Don't make things up. Most people however were just pleased Coyle brought in a central defender, and a 2nd one with Fontaine.
Given you've already questioned why Davies was brought in out of the cold yesterday you obviously recognise that but the more you type the more you contradict.

Yes, 'everyone' was. Some were suggesting that because he plays for Stoke and has a brother who is half decent, he will solve all our defensive issues. If anyone is pleased that we 'just brought in a central defender' then dear oh dear. I think it was a rather poor signing to be honest. When you're in a relegation scrap, you sign experienced players, not someone with a handful of first team games in their life. I expected it was another mistake by Coyle at the time, and I've seen nothing to change my mind since.

No, it's not contradictory at all. If Davies isn't fit then he shouldn't play...simple. If that means playing Souttar, then so be it, that's the better option, but it doesn't get away from the fact he is exceedingly poor (or at the very least not ready for first team football yet).