Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hamilton Away - Early KO 12:30
(04-26-2018, 01:36 PM)frankthetank Wrote: ...
We need a team that'll withstand the pressure Hamilton will put us under, no-one questions their battling abilities for good reason, we'll need to stay tough. With that in mind I'd like us to line up like this.

--------------Fox
-----Fraser Souttar Fontaine
------------Draper
Naismith Lindsay O'Brien Gardyne
----------Schalk McKay

Subs: Foden, Davies, Melbourne, Kait, Ngog, Curran (Routis or Tansey whoever is the fittest)

I'd still rather keep Melbourne in and instead have Gardyne on the bench to make an impact after 65 /70minutes. Similarly I would use N'Gog after Schalk or, more likely, Mckay has worked an hour or more.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(04-26-2018, 08:08 PM)Les Westander Wrote: I'd still rather keep Melbourne in and instead have Gardyne on the bench to make an impact after 65 /70minutes. Similarly I would use N'Gog after Schalk or, more likely, Mckay has worked an hour or more.

I'm not too sure about Melbourne, sure he has talent/potential but I think he disappears in games, where Fontaine has saved him, and Saturday for me is too big a game to risk starting him.

I'd maybe even put Gardyne on the bench, start Fraser on the left and put Davies into the middle of the back three.

We have a very tall team, Hamilton are missing players so our aerial advantage should really come into play, Davies can be a real threat in the opposition box.

Anything with three centre halves means Midge out wide will be using him as cover for full back- that's something I never want to see again.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-26-2018, 09:28 PM)Despot Wrote: Anything with three centre halves means Midge out wide...

Have you seen the last few matches, we've played with three at the back and midge through the middle of the midfield, he's been poor there too.

Time for Midge to take a rest. Suggest O'brien as straight replacement. Rest of team as per start vs Motherwell.

Midge has been putting in a good shift in that position and has helped out the team a lot in defensive positions.
Going forward it maybe hasn't clicked as we'd expect but that will come IMO. I'd have him in the team based on work rate and attitude alone. He's county through and through. 11 players with his attitude wouldn't be fighting relegation.

(04-26-2018, 08:45 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm not too sure about Melbourne, sure he has talent/potential but I think he disappears in games, where Fontaine has saved him, and Saturday for me is too big a game to risk starting him.

I'd maybe even put Gardyne on the bench, start Fraser on the left and put Davies into the middle of the back three.

We have a very tall team, Hamilton are missing players so our aerial advantage should really come into play, Davies can be a real threat in the opposition box.

Keep Melbourne in,the way he didn't bottle tackle against Kipre,and wiped him out showed me he has the desire and toughness to go against the Hamilton thugs.
Motherwell was a big game for us,and he did alright for me,clean sheet.
Agree about Gardyne going to bench , but in fairness he was coming more into the game v Hibs when he got hooked.
I was worried about Davies been missing last week,but no worries there ,Souter and Fontaine did well.
Doubt Routis will be fit,so will Davies come in?

(04-26-2018, 10:16 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Have you seen the last few matches, we've played with three at the back and midge through the middle of the midfield, he's been poor there too.

This season it just hasn't worked for him. I'm struggling to justify his inclusion in the side at the moment.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-27-2018, 08:05 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Keep Melbourne in,the way he didn't bottle tackle against Kipre,and wiped him out showed me he has the desire and toughness to go against the Hamilton thugs.

That tackle was epic! Wee Max got up and ran away whilst big Kipre rolled around like a beached seal.

This will be televised in Australia (first one in ages), so I'll be watching. I have faith!

This could be brutal today!

Thumbs Up 
Ross County 11:
1Fox
2Fraser
5Souttar
15Davies
32Fontaine
35Melbourne

18Lindsay
17Draper
23Tansey

10Schalk
22Mckay

Substitutes
7Gardyne
11Curran
14N'Gog
25O'Brien
31McCarey
40Keillor-Dunn
47Kait
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

To me that looks a bit too defensive for a must win game. I know it's probably a back 3 with Fraser and Melbourne pushing up more as wing backs but do we have enough in midfield creatively to give Schalk and Mckay decent service? Tansey's not exactly had a lot of game time this year. Draper's being used in front of the back four and that leaves Lindsay who puts in a good shift but isn't the mot creative midfielder.

Anyway, I don't care so long as we win !!!!!

(04-28-2018, 10:00 AM)Deke Slayton Wrote: This could be brutal today!

This is brutal, nice weather though.

The quality is just not there. It's embarrassingly bad against a team that can't buy a win! Think the Caley derby is the only thing worth looking forward to next year. We've made two hasty management decisions this season and neither have worked.

We are down. And I am absolutely fizzing about it as we are just capitulating to Hamilton today. This is an.embarrassing showing today

Think this sums up our season. Desperate stuff and all but down now.

Not one single bit of skill displayed, lets just boot the ball in the air, absoutly dire.

Two mistakes by Marcus Fraser cost us this game.

Dire. Woeful. Completely lacking of any plan B or craft.
Don't get why Tansey got the nod to start. Opposition keeper only had one notable save to make. One more than last week I suppose.
Only positive is I don't pay for a Sky subscription if that's the sort of p*sh you get on it.