Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hamilton Away - Early KO 12:30
Another huge game next up - 1230 kick off away from home live on Sky Sports.

Results went against us a little yesterday, but in reality while we've slipped down to 12th again, we're a point closer to where we actually need to be: 10th.

A win here and our goal difference puts us into that 10th place before Partick travel to Perth later in the day. I'm hopeful next weekend will go much more in our favour than this one.

Hamilton have now lost 6 in a row since their fortuitous point up here.
That one point is the only one they've had in their last 8 outings - 1 out of a possible 24 points.
Prior to that their only other points this calendar year have come in a win over Partick. In fact, you have to go all the way back to that disastrous showing from us on the 16th December for their last points prior to that... which equates to 4 points out of their last 48.

Time to finally put these guys down.

I predict 3-1 to County, with Partick losing to St Johnstone and us occupying that 10th place going into the Partick game the following Friday night.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

This is the optimism I've been looking for..... Thanks Spain.

I'm planning this, are the central staggies, and others going?

(04-22-2018, 03:27 PM)Spain Wrote: Another huge game next up - 1230 kick off away from home live on Sky Sports.

Results went against us a little yesterday, but in reality while we've slipped down to 12th again, we're a point closer to where we actually need to be: 10th.

A win here and our goal difference puts us into that 10th place before Partick travel to Perth later in the day. I'm hopeful next weekend will go much more in our favour than this one.

That one point is the only one they've had in their last 8 outings - 1 out of a possible 24 points.
Prior to that their only other points this calendar year have come in a win over Partick. In fact, you have to go all the way back to that disastrous showing from us on the 16th December for their last points prior to that... which equates to 4 points out of their last 48.

I predict 3-1 to County, with Partick losing to St Johnstone and us occupying that 10th place going into the Partick game the following Friday night.

Great post, and hopefully the predictions are spot on.

(04-22-2018, 09:03 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Great post, and hopefully the predictions are spot on.

My birthday next Saturday what a present it would be we can do this liked your post

(04-22-2018, 03:27 PM)Spain Wrote: Another huge game next up - 1230 kick off away from home live on Sky Sports.

I think Hamilton beat Motherwell 3-1 away from home on 30th December, then they beat them again at home last month (2-0) So a total of 13 points from their last 48. (4 from us, 6 from Motherwell, and 3 from Partick)

(04-22-2018, 07:55 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm planning this, are the central staggies, and others going?

There'll certainly be a few of us, although there is a competing school of thought suggesting some might go to Murrayfield to see Ross Sutherland RFC in the BT Bowl final at 10:00 then the pub for the County game right after.

(04-23-2018, 11:51 AM)Forfinn Wrote: There'll certainly be a few of us, although there is a competing school of thought suggesting some might go to Murrayfield to see Ross Sutherland RFC in the BT Bowl final at 10:00 then the pub for the County game right after.

Incredibly odd behaviour.

(04-23-2018, 12:01 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Incredibly odd behaviour.

Not that odd if you are from Ross-shire or Sutherland and also happen to like rugby. A cup final at the national stadium is kind of a big deal, as we know ourselves. For my part, I used to play for them at youth level, but am still leaning more towards going to Hamilton.

Thumbs Up 
(04-22-2018, 03:27 PM)Spain Wrote: ... in reality while we've slipped down to 12th again, we're a point closer to where we actually need to be: 10th.

Hear Hear!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(04-23-2018, 12:59 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Not that odd if you are from Ross-shire or Sutherland and also happen to like rugby. A cup final at the national stadium is kind of a big deal, as we know ourselves. For my part, I used to play for them at youth level, but am still leaning more towards going to Hamilton.

Think anyone who chooses that over Hamilton needs to give their head a wobble. Incredibly strange.

(04-23-2018, 04:32 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Think anyone who chooses that over Hamilton needs to give their head a wobble. Incredibly strange.

Who cares less what you think?

For what it's worth I'll be at Hamilton, but for the lads who do go to Murrayfield I hope you enjoy your day and hopefully, the ensuing County victory.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

I'll definitely be going. Supporters bus leaves Inverness at 7:30. so it's going to be a long day.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Can anyone confirm that pay at the gate will be in operation for this?

(04-24-2018, 09:39 AM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Can anyone confirm that pay at the gate will be in operation for this?

Yes - http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...avel-info/

There might also be more Accies fans as usual as they're allowing season ticket holders to bring two friends for free.

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/ticke...8th-april/

(04-24-2018, 09:58 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Yes - http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...avel-info/

There might also be more Accies fans as usual as they're allowing season ticket holders to bring two friends for free.

Accies fans... two friends... Hmm. I can see a flaw in that logic.

(04-24-2018, 09:58 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Yes - http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...avel-info/

Cheers

I'll take that optimism and your prediction!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I'm looking forward to this MASSIVE game for The County, hopefully there's going to be lots of other Staggies going to cheer on our team, watching on the telly just doesn't seem good enough in a match like this.

We need a team that'll withstand the pressure Hamilton will put us under, no-one questions their battling abilities for good reason, we'll need to stay tough. With that in mind I'd like us to line up like this.

--------------Fox
-----Fraser Souttar Fontaine
------------Draper
Naismith Lindsay O'Brien Gardyne
----------Schalk McKay

Subs: Foden, Davies, Melbourne, Kait, Ngog, Curran (Routis or Tansey whoever is the fittest)

(04-26-2018, 01:36 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm looking forward to this MASSIVE game for The County, hopefully there's going to be lots of other Staggies going to cheer on our team, watching on the telly just doesn't seem good enough in a match like this.

We need a team that'll withstand the pressure Hamilton will put us under, no-one questions their battling abilities for good reason, we'll need to stay tough. With that in mind I'd like us to line up like this.

--------------Fox
-----Fraser Souttar Fontaine
------------Draper
Naismith Lindsay O'Brien Gardyne
----------Schalk McKay

Subs: Foden, Davies, Melbourne, Kait, Ngog, Curran (Routis or Tansey whoever is the fittest)

Only changes I'd make to that would be Keillor-Dunn for gardyne and start with Ngog for McKay.