Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Home game v Cup finalists.
Tough game on Saturday for us but we beat them last time at home. Coming up to cheer the boys on. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

It's so important we keep up the momentum and the buzz from the last two games at home V Partick and then Hibs, hearing all three stands chanting was fantastic, we only have two remaining home games, let's get right behind the team from the KO and who knows, we might just grab two home wins which could be crucial to our league survival...

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Massive game against very dangerous opponents. I'm happy to go with the same XI as last time, Davies and Naismith will be good substitutes if required from the bench.

(04-17-2018, 11:42 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Massive game against very dangerous opponents. I'm happy to go with the same XI as last time, Davies and Naismith will be good substitutes if required from the bench.

I'd be happy with the same starting XI - we lead Hibs until 90th minute, OK we rode our luck, but we competed with probably the second best team in the league at the moment - no reason why we can't take something from Motherwell....

Kett's and Fergie will have the boys fired up for 5 cup finals - let's just get stuck in and win as many as we can....results elsewhere may dictate a lot - but we need to focus on our own games and try and get maximum points
Supporter Liaison Officer 

The momentum is rising in the team, the management and on the stands.

We once more go over the bridge in anticipation rather than trepidation.

Let’s all keep up the good work

Beat the drum!

You know what you'll get from Motherwell, press the midfield and come at us with either the direct ball to Main or with pace from Cadden. A tough game and one we'll hope they've got a bit of a hangover from the Aberdeen game. Hopeful we can snatch a tight win to haul us closer to Dundee and Accies.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

It will be interesting to see if Motherwell take there foot off the gas because they are in the Cup Final and can’t get relegated as for our selfs we need to match or better Partick

Motherwell and StJ are in theory our easiest games but neither will be pushovers. Match Motherwell in the first 45 and we’ll take care of them in the second half ... providing we cut out the daft mistakes at the back and keep eleven men on the park. Home win. Thistle and Accies will be a battle. I expect a sending-off or two there. Draw. StJ won’t do Dundee any favours but they’re about to embark on a squad rebuild and they have the luxury of 5 relatively ‘meaningless’ games to give their young lads game time. Dundee win. Let the the fun times begin. COYS.

(04-18-2018, 07:29 AM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Motherwell and StJ are in theory our easiest games but neither will be pushovers. Match Motherwell in the first 45 and we’ll take care of them in the second half ... providing we cut out the daft mistakes at the back and keep eleven men on the park. Home win. Thistle and Accies will be a battle. I expect a sending-off or two there. Draw. StJ won’t do Dundee any favours but they’re about to embark on a squad rebuild and they have the luxury of 5 relatively ‘meaningless’ games to give their young lads game time. Dundee win. Let the the fun times begin. COYS.

Fair assessment there. Might I suggest that the Motherwell game might not be that easy as their players are all now playing for a place in the starting eleven for the cup final. Equally none of them will want to get injured. Catch 22 for them. Simple for us.

The Cup Final in 2010 definitely affected our league performances leading up which in turn affected the cup final performance. Motherwell is a top six ability team and will be our hardest game as they approach every game professionally. Bite your hand off for a draw!

I can see Motherwell doing everything possible to help Hamilton stay up and maybe st Johnstone doing the same for Dundee,

(04-18-2018, 07:29 AM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Motherwell and StJ are in theory our easiest games but neither will be pushovers. Match Motherwell in the first 45 and we’ll take care of them in the second half ... providing we cut out the daft mistakes at the back and keep eleven men on the park. Home win. Thistle and Accies will be a battle. I expect a sending-off or two there. Draw. StJ won’t do Dundee any favours but they’re about to embark on a squad rebuild and they have the luxury of 5 relatively ‘meaningless’ games to give their young lads game time. Dundee win. Let the the fun times begin. COYS.

The post split revenue as noted below, from STV website:-

"The maximum that can be made by a bottom six club is £1.21m, which is the amount on offer to the team which finishes in seventh spot.

The financial gap from place-to-place is then £52,750 by position. That means the team in eighth earn £1.16m, ninth get £1.1m, tenth receive £1.06m, 11th spot earns £1m and the bottom cub get £949,500 in prize money.

The bottom side also receive a parachute payment of £300,000 in the following season, and a further £150,000 if they remain out of the Premiership the year after.

If a team is relegated through the play-offs, they receive a parachute payment of £500,000 in year one and £250,000 in year two if required."

Because of the payment each club receives, both SJ and Motherwell will be fighting to achieve their highest p[osition and as such getting more revenue

Motherwell's last game before the cup final is against Hamilton, to me that's a stick on away win as Motherwell players will not be risking themselves for that match.

It's a huge game for us on Saturday, I'd go as far as to say that a draw is no use, if we don't get three points we're looking at a Play-off against Livi or the tinks AT BEST.

(04-18-2018, 12:59 PM)OldVic Wrote: Because of the payment each club receives, both SJ and Motherwell will be fighting to achieve their highest p[osition and as such getting more revenue

Touched on this before, neither side has a pot to piss in so will be fighting to get sixth. Won't be an easy game.

I don't think that Motherwell have the skill of Hibs for example, they are more of a brawn and punt up the park type of team (that's basically what did for Aberdeen last Saturday). So we shouldn't be frightened of them and if the team concentrates and plays to its strengths, a win shouldn't be beyond us! I am looking forward to the trip to Dingwall on Saturday.

(04-18-2018, 11:44 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I can see Motherwell doing everything possible to help Hamilton stay up and maybe st Johnstone doing the same for Dundee,
Can’t understand your way of thinking there

Surely if we were up against our neighbours ,we’d all be wanting to relegate them !

Will Davies be back in for his physical presence on Saturday,as Motherwell bullied Aberdeen?
I think he should be,if fit,as I thought we lost too many headers in the box against Hibs last game,and they are not as physical as Motherwell

I don’t believe for one minute that Well or StJ will do any favours for their neighbours. They’ll do what’s right for them, whether that be finish as high as possible or give youngsters a run-out and finish wherever in the league. Their prerogative ... they’ve earned the right to do whatever they decide. We’re where we are because we’ve been dire most of the season and it’s now up to us to do the business as Well and StJ have done already. No-one is out to get us, there is no conspiracy!

(04-18-2018, 12:59 PM)OldVic Wrote: The bottom side also receive a parachute payment of £300,000 in the following season, and a further £150,000 if they remain out of the Premiership the year after.

If a team is relegated through the play-offs, they receive a parachute payment of £500,000 in year one and £250,000 in year two if required."

I didn't realise there was such a difference between the parachute payments for a team relegated automatically and one relegated through the play-offs. I guess that was to sweeten the deal when they got the top flight teams to agree to their introduction. £300,000 over two years is a lot of money at Championship level.

(04-18-2018, 11:44 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I can see Motherwell doing everything possible to help Hamilton stay up and maybe st Johnstone doing the same for Dundee,

If the Stv news is anything to go by their is no love lost between those two.