Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Post Split Fixtures 2018
When are they announced?

(04-09-2018, 09:07 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: When are they announced?

Sometime today
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-10-2018, 10:19 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Sometime today

Looking increasingly likely that won't be the case.

Of course the Bigot Brothers are the problem.

Haven't the ugly sisters told everyone when they are allowed to play yet?

If there's a worry that the ugly sisters are going to riot, just make them play behind closed doors and let the rest of us know and plan what we're doing for the rest of the season!

Highland derby for the play off final?? That would be interesting!

Apparently announced according to the Sun, 1.40pm, but then they only report Celtic's fixtures....Maybe running it past our "friends" in Glasgow to make sure they approve first.

Now reporting that they have found out before the official announcement, whenever that will be.

I suspect that this is what is really happening;

https://theclumpany.wordpress.com/2018/0...-the-spfl/

Fixtures announced: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Daghsa5WAAAEEs_.jpg

Sat. 21st Apr. RCFC vs Motherwell - 1500 KO
Sat. 28th Apr. Hamilton vs RCFC - 1230 KO (On Sky Sports)
Fri. 4th May. Partick vs RCFC - 1945 KO (On BT Sport)
Tues. 8th May. RCFC vs Dundee - 1945 KO
Sat. 12th May. St J vs RCFC. - 1500 KO

So we get two 3pm kickoffs (1H/1A), two evening games (1H/1A) and a lunchtime game in Hamilton.

Really hope our season deciding game isn't in Perth on the 12th, I'm permanently scarred from how awful last time was.

(04-11-2018, 04:03 PM)NVACA Wrote: Fixtures announced: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Daghsa5WAAAEEs_.jpg

Sat. 21st Apr. RCFC vs Motherwell - 1500 KO
Sat. 28th Apr. Hamilton vs RCFC - 1230 KO (On Sky Sports)
Fri. 4th May. Partick vs RCFC - 1945 KO (On BT Sport)
Tues. 8th May. RCFC vs Dundee - 1945 KO
Sat. 12th May. St J vs RCFC. - 1500 KO

So we get two 3pm kickoffs (1H/1A), two evening games (1H/1A) and a lunchtime game in Hamilton.

Really hope our season deciding game isn't in Perth on the 12th, I'm permanently scarred from how awful last time was.

Away to Partick on a Friday night - low attendance at that one
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-11-2018, 04:12 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Away to Partick on a Friday night - low attendance at that one

Wouldn't have thought so.

Half day off booked.

No excuses for missing these ones.

Home games are massive though, got to record two wins there.

So we've got 3 away games, which is fair as we've played 17 at home and 16 away.

Motherwell home is fair.

Hamilton away is fair., although noon kick-off, cant see folk racing to get on the supporters bus for that one, be leaving Dingwall before sun-rise!

Partick away is fair, although the remaining meeting is on a Friday evening; sure there'll be a huge amount of County fans journey the length of Scotland in time for that one...on telly for those who don't make it tho. Ho hum. When we won 4-0 it was a schoolday/evening, so that maybe balances out?

Dundee home is fair.

St J away means we've played them three times away and once at home, hopefully they have nothing to play for by then and just lie down! I doubt that will happen though!

So I reckon going to Perth three times is the only real complaint from our point of view, the rest is just typical ignoring of fans and travel logistics.

Hamilton away being a 12:30 is absolutely brutal. Part of me suspects Sky were given their choice of slot for Celtic v Rangers (2012-present) on the condition they took a less attractive game on the same weekend
The rest looks reasonable though (I reserve the right to revise this opinion if my boss refuses my request for a half day on Friday May 4th)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

I actually really wanted Dundee away again cause it's a good day out, but failing that was going to try and get to Firhill. Doubt it'll be possible now, but I can (almost?) see the logic behind it.

Saturday, 12th May looks likely to be our date with destiny. Rarely seen us perform well there.

(04-11-2018, 04:21 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: So we've got 3 away games, which is fair as we've played 17 at home and 16 away.

Motherwell home is fair.

Hamilton away is fair., although noon kick-off, cant see folk racing to get on the supporters bus for that one, be leaving Dingwall before sun-rise!

Partick away is fair, although the remaining meeting is on a Friday evening; sure there'll be a huge amount of County fans journey the length of Scotland in time for that one...on telly for those who don't make it tho. Ho hum. When we won 4-0 it was a schoolday/evening, so that maybe balances out?

Dundee home is fair.

St J away means we've played them three times away and once at home, hopefully they have nothing to play for by then and just lie down! I doubt that will happen though!

So I reckon going to Perth three times is the only real complaint from our point of view, the rest is just typical ignoring of fans and travel logistics.

If we're going to be using this as an excuse, we're only ignoring the rest of this farcical season.

No, I have some gripes with the times of the kick offs, but the actual split is reasonably fair. I'd have preferred Dundee and and Partick at home, but otherwise it's in our own hands.

(04-11-2018, 06:45 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: If we're going to be using this as an excuse, we're only ignoring the rest of this farcical season.

No, I have some gripes with the times of the kick offs, but the actual split is reasonably fair. I'd have preferred Dundee and and Partick at home, but otherwise it's in our own hands.

Aye, its about as good as can be expected, if it comes to the worst and we go down I'm certainly not going to cite the post-split fixtures as a factor.

Okay, anyone know when the playoff dates would be? (just in case)

Should be Wednesday 16th May away, and Sunday 20th May at home.... but let's hope we don't need that.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-11-2018, 08:30 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Okay, anyone know when the playoff dates would be? (just in case)

17th and 20th of May. So Thursday and Sunday, found here: https://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/