Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Post Split Fixtures 2018
Here are fixtures due and fixtures left for all teams in bottom 6.

As you can see the only team which has a balanced set of fixtures still to play are Hamilton.

Dundee and St Johnstone will each need to play a team at home for third time.

County, Partick and Motherwell each need to play a team away for a third time.

As Partick have four teams still to play at home and are only due three home games, they must change a fixture(no team would ever have four home games post split) and as they are already going to Dundee that means they must go to St Johnstone for third time.

That leaves County or Motherwell needing to go to Dundee for third time. The team that doesn't go for third time will end up with 20 home games.

We lost out last year and only had 18 home games, but Motherwell lost out some years ago, so priority for who gets an extra game may go to them!

Hamilton, due 2 home and 3 away.
Fixtures left to give even 2 home 2 away
Home: Ross County and St Johnstone
Away: Dundee, Motherwell and Partick

Dundee, due 3 home and 2 away.
Home: Partick and Hamilton
Away: Ross County,St Johnstone and Motherwell

St Johnstone, due 2 home and 3 away.
Home: Dundee
Away: Ross County, Hamilton, Partick and Motherwell

Partick, due 3 home and 2 away.
Home: Ross County,St Johnstone, Hamilton, and Motherwell
Away: Dundee

Motherwell, due 2 home and 3 away.
Home: Dundee,St Johnstone and Hamilton.
Away: Partick and Ross County

Ross County, due 2 home and 3 away.
Home: Dundee, St Johnstone and Motherwell
Away: Hamilton and Partick.

A similar logic is shown here, but with the suggestion that Motherwell will get the home fixture because they're not in the thick of the relegation battle (and therefore that will ruffle fewer feathers).

https://splstats.wordpress.com/2018/04/0...s-2017-18/

Don't get that logic........ With both teams around us, Dundee and Partick, having 3 home ties. Surely it would be fairer to also give us the 3rd home game!

That would only be true if the points were reset post split. They're not, our points tally reflects the fact we've already had one home game more than both Dundee and Partick.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

My brain hurts thinking of this. I trust the powers that be to make a right hash of it anyway....... So taking on board what you are saying, maybe we will still get 3 home games!

The aim is for everyone to have at least 19 home matches, once we play hibs we will have had 17, not sure why some people believe we should have three home games after the split.

If it comes to it, given that we've won twice at Dens already this season, we really need not fear a 3rd trip to Dundee
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(04-05-2018, 07:35 AM)frankthetank Wrote: The aim is for everyone to have at least 19 home matches, once we play hibs we will have had 17, not sure why some people believe we should have three home games after the split.

It's because we had a 18/20 split last season

(04-05-2018, 09:26 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: It's because we had a 18/20 split last season

And Motherwell had an 18/20 split before too, as it'll be less controversial for Motherwell to get a 20/18 split this year, quite rightly imo, they should get it before us.

If no-one else had had an 18/20 before, then we would be entitled to benefit this year.

Here we go then. And the first complaint regarding County’s post-split fixtures comes from ... ...

Update on the timing of split fixture release, apaprently within the next 48 hours!

https://twitter.com/Alan_Burrows/status/...0705339392

It SHOULD be
Motherwell H
St Johnstone H
Dundee H
Partick A
Hamilton A
We will get 3 away games Mark my words and if I am wrong I will have humble pie

I see Rodgers is asking for an Old Firm title decider.

Shows just how clueless he is. His comments are akin to inciting violence

Conspiracy Theory No.1
With M'well and St. John looking safe will these be easier or harder games than against Hamilton/Partick/ Dundee?
Who would they prefer to stay up ?

(04-09-2018, 12:04 PM)Skipper's Covie Wrote: Conspiracy Theory No.1
With M'well and St. John looking safe will these be easier or harder games than against Hamilton/Partick/ Dundee?
Who would they prefer to stay up ?

With extra place money per position, and both sides not having a pot to piss in, I suspect they will be going all out in remaining fixtures.

I'd expect us to be away first next Saturday with caley being at home that day. And if we have got a 3rd trip to Dundee, it won't be April 28th
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Highly suspect we'll be away to Dundee again, don't mind that day out so should be fun at least. Hopefully it's the first weekend though, would like to carry the momentum we have now into the games vs the teams directly above us.

Come to think of it, I wonder if we've asked for an away game on Saturday 28th April, so as not to clash with Ross Sutherland rugby club's cup final in Edinburgh that day

I'd take Patrick away in the first fixture, also let Dundee and Hamilton play each other in the first fixture too.

(04-09-2018, 12:03 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: I see Rodgers is asking for an Old Firm title decider.

Shows just how clueless he is. His comments are akin to inciting violence

I don't like Brenda,but got to agree with him. An Old Firm game,high stakes . A high profile game to catch the imagination.
1200 kick off, unlike the previous decider which was an evening kick off,go for it SPFL,but we know you won't.