Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Partick at home 3/4/18
I think we can all agree, whether we’re relegated or survive, Schalk ain’t going to be here next season.

(04-04-2018, 10:27 AM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: I think we can all agree, whether we’re relegated or survive, Schalk ain’t going to be here next season.

Nor Fraser, nor Naismith, nor Davies.

Huge task involving a virtual overhaul of the first team squad. It'll be quite the summer whatever the outcome of the season.

By Iker The midfield 3 struggled to get wide and close Partick down when their full backs had the ball, but hopefully shouldn’t cause too much of a problem against the bottom 6 teams. Better teams would punish that.
I couldn't make it last night had to put up with radio But what a result Both me and wife are on a high after that result
If as Iker says were struggling to close down full backs we need to sort this out before Sat as this was were Hibs supplied there forward who scored all there goals last night.
Well done to team management and of course all the supporters that made the game
COYS

Couldn't go, too much homework. Had to listen on the radio. Glad to hear that Draper is getting better. Sounds positive let's take it t into the next match v hibs

(04-04-2018, 11:34 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Nor Fraser, nor Naismith, nor Davies.

Huge task involving a virtual overhaul of the first team squad. It'll be quite the summer whatever the outcome of the season.

Fraser, Naismith and Davies are all still under contract for another year, think Naismith has two years to run - so anyone wanting them will need to cough up....Schalk loves it up here and there's nothing to suggest he won't sign an extension....but I agree that he's likely to get a better offer given he's scored 13 goals this season....who knows what tally he'd be on if McIntyre or Coyle had played him more at the start of the season....?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-04-2018, 01:30 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Fraser, Naismith and Davies are all still under contract for another year, think Naismith has two years to run - so anyone wanting them will need to cough up....Schalk loves it up here and there's nothing to suggest he won't sign an extension....but I agree that he's likely to get a better offer given he's scored 13 goals this season....who knows what tally he'd be on if McIntyre or Coyle had played him more at the start of the season....?

Fraser only signed a one-year deal, did he not? If not, that was a good bit of work by McIntyre. I was under the impression he signed a one year deal with the expectation he would play centre half for a year and then see what offers were on the table. You may well be right, though.

Naismith I assume will transfer to a Championship club down south for half his market value. He's one of those guys who turned out to be far better than advertised, and looks comfortable against top six sides. Terrific signing.

Davies I would imagine will receive the "mutual agreement" farewell. He's been excellent for County but he's falling apart physically, and the Celtic brainfart helped nobody. He's still our best ever defender.

(04-04-2018, 04:54 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Fraser only signed a one-year deal, did he not? If not, that was a good bit of work by McIntyre. I was under the impression he signed a one year deal with the expectation he would play centre half for a year and then see what offers were on the table. You may well be right, though.

Naismith I assume will transfer to a Championship club down south for half his market value. He's one of those guys who turned out to be far better than advertised, and looks comfortable against top six sides. Terrific signing.

Davies I would imagine will receive the "mutual agreement" farewell. He's been excellent for County but he's falling apart physically, and the Celtic brainfart helped nobody. He's still our best ever defender.

Best ever defender?? Johnston Bellshaw!

(04-04-2018, 08:45 PM)Stag76 Wrote: Best ever defender?? Johnston Bellshaw!

Andre Hainault *swoon*

If you're going for Johnston, why not Alec Young? Brian Irvine? Ian Maxwell had a lovely left foot.. Davies is a great header of the ball but on the ground he's not the best.

Sorry this should be a different thread :-)

(04-04-2018, 04:54 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Fraser only signed a one-year deal, did he not? If not, that was a good bit of work by McIntyre. I was under the impression he signed a one year deal with the expectation he would play centre half for a year and then see what offers were on the table. You may well be right, though.

I checked and you are correct, Marcus signed a one year extension which runs out at the end of this season, however, he's bought a house in Inverness so I'm hoping he's settled here....but who knows when clubs come calling...

I've heard a few reports that Aberdeen are interested in taking Naismith and Tansey would be part of the deal? Whether that's right or not, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough - been a good signing though, very consistent - has had a few issues lately after picking up an injury, but he's been a great player for us!

Davies has had his troubles this season, injury after injury hasn't helped him, and the Celtic incident looked like frustration!

I honestly think a lot will come down to who the management team is next season - I think if it's Ketts and Fergie then a lot of the current players will want to stick around and work under them - uncertainty will possibly see the opposite happening.....

(04-05-2018, 01:54 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: I checked and you are correct, Marcus signed a one year extension which runs out at the end of this season, however, he's bought a house in Inverness so I'm hoping he's settled here....but who knows when clubs come calling...

I've heard a few reports that Aberdeen are interested in taking Naismith and Tansey would be part of the deal? Whether that's right or not, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough - been a good signing though, very consistent - has had a few issues lately after picking up an injury, but he's been a great player for us!

Davies has had his troubles this season, injury after injury hasn't helped him, and the Celtic incident looked like frustration!

I honestly think a lot will come down to who the management team is next season - I think if it's Ketts and Fergie then a lot of the current players will want to stick around and work under them - uncertainty will possibly see the opposite happening.....
If Roy was at the game on Tuesday and I assume he was there will be no dought in his mind who will be managing next season the difference in the team was there for all to see I am not only talking about how well we played but more about the team crowding the technical area and celebrating with Ketts and Fergie I have not seen this since happen since 2012 long may it continue

(04-04-2018, 09:51 PM)Rocco's Wheelie Bin Wrote: Andre Hainault *swoon*

Obviously tge late great Ian Gregg was before your time best defender he woukd have walked into present team centre Half supreme

I think Fraser signed the one year deal with the thought his stock would rise after another solid season, but that's just not happened for him. He'll most likely resign as clubs he's be looking at in the future will have noticed his weaknesses at centre half.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-05-2018, 08:10 PM)county AML Wrote: If Roy was at the game on Tuesday and I assume he was there will be no dought in his mind who will be managing next season the difference in the team was there for all to see I am not only talking about how well we played but more about the team crowding the technical area and celebrating with Ketts and Fergie I have not seen this since happen since 2012 long may it continue

If Roy heard that interview on RockSport he will be giving Ketts serious consideration - so inspirational to listen to and absolutely loves our club!!!

http://www.rocksportradio.co.uk/the-podcast/

Go on the thursday 5th april one of 'talking sport' obviously and skip ahead to around 01:30:00!

(04-05-2018, 10:03 PM)NVACA Wrote: http://www.rocksportradio.co.uk/the-podcast/

Go on the thursday 5th april one obviously and skip ahead to around 01:30:00!

Thanks!

(04-05-2018, 10:26 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Thanks!

Ketts came across extremely well in his interview and was articulate and as the presenters said hid enthusiasm is infectious.

Great interview, thanks for sharing.

I think we are in very good hands.

Just remembered that the team came out to the old wolfstone music the other night. Don't know what brought that about but it was a welcome change for me anyway, back to the days when Ketts himself was crunching everything in sight in midfield

Zito the Bubbleman, from the genius that was Gordon Duncan
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Duncan