Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Partick at home 3/4/18
Interview on Twitter with Fergie.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RCFCStaggies/...97/video/1

Teamlines out: https://twitter.com/RCFCStaggies/status/...1247154177

No Naismith at all?

Naismith's not been himself the last couple of games I've thought- maybe a break needed? Working so far, regardless.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Alex
Alex
Alex F’in Schalk!!!!

Kets, Fergie and Schalk ❤️! Still so much to play for though....

Superb tonight! Thats a huge result.

If we'd got the win against Hamilton that I thought we merited (the 2-2 game), we'd be 2 points off Dundee and Hamilton in 9th just now.

If we'd lost tonight (which at kickoff was very much an option) we'd have been 6 points adrift of everyone.

As is, we're finally off bottom on goal difference, and 4 pts off 10th (5 pts off 9th).
Things can turn very quickly in that bottom 4, if we can finally put a run together we might be ok.
Same applies to the other three though!

Well done Coaches and players.
Hat trick well deserved for Lexy MOTM Schalk.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

What an absolutely devestating performance by Schalk. He could’ve had 6 tonight!

Didn’t make it up last night but sounded like a great night. Thought BBC could have made it the feature game on radio as it was the most important game of the night. Not gonna get too carried away but the fact that we’ve thumped Thistle and Dundee recently should give us a psychological boost post-split. My worry is that Motherwell and StJ are safe and play a number of ‘development’ players in certain games. Realise it’s down to us at the end of the day ... 18 points up for grabs, four home games to go. 10th place might just be possible. COYS

The first 30 mins could have gone anywhere. So nervy from both teams and was worried they would get a goal and push on. Thankfully we got the first goal and we were incredible after that.

Schalk obviously was a stand out but Lindsay and Draper was also excellent. Can’t really pick out anyone who didn’t play too well.

The midfield 3 struggled to get wide and close Partick down when their full backs had the ball, but hopefully shouldn’t cause too much of a problem against the bottom 6 teams. Better teams would punish that.

Hopefully this will give us confidence going into the split. We certainly were playing full of it after 2-0. We can’t expect anything from Hibs game but beyond that I’m hopeful.

Absolutely buzzing after that result - hardly slept a wink last night - fantastic performance from Alex Schalk, maybe got a bit greedy a couple of times, but you can't criticise his effort and desire - fantastic!

Great atmosphere, what a difference it makes to see everyone smiling and buzzing leaving the game - more please!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

We need to keep it going if we play like we did last night on Saturday we can get something mon The Staggies

Partick were honking at the back, and it was great to see us take full advantage. Once we got the second, seemed to relax a bit more and play some decent stuff.

As has been mentioned, anything against Hibs is a bonus, but the split fixtures are massive. I would assume we will have two at home and three away.

If the fixtures are done right - then we should have two away and three home - obviously not in this order, but it should be something like:

Away to Partick
Away to Hamilton
Home to Motherwell
Home to St Johnstone
Home to Dundee

That is what was being said on the radio last night - three home and two away, but you never know with the powers in charge of Scottish Football.....

I don't see any reason why we can't get something from Hibs if we get the right team out on the park, no doubt there will be minor adjustments because it's Hibs, but we need to get stuck into them and don't let them play, and would be great to have the three stands all getting behind the boys like last night....great effort!

(04-04-2018, 09:30 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: If the fixtures are done right - then we should have two away and three home

Hibs on Saturday will be our seventeenth home game of the season so after the break we should really only be due two home fixtures, but here's hoping!

Gutted I couldn't go last night. BIg thumbs up to all the fans who made the effort in such rubbish weather. Glad to hear there was a decent atmosphere. Why hasn't Schalk had more game time this season?

There's still hope we can avoid playing at the Dump next season.

What a night.
First goal was crucial, I thought Partick were getting on top and we were struggling to get possession, we have to thank their keeper for his contribution to our first two goals though, wouldn't be impressed if that was Fox/McCarey.

Draper was effective, Melbourne stuck to his task, Fraser was very good on the right again. Schalk was on fire and is forming an excellent partnership with McKay.

Naismith should be back for Saturday, was chatting to his old man. Knee knock he got in the Accies game, we could all see in that 2nd half he was struggling.

Roy must be thinking how on earth he was conned by Coyle, who kept leaving Schalk on bench, played Curran up front on his own, and even started Effiong ahead of Schalk on a few occasions, WTAF??

I thought the first 30 minutes were as poor as the weather. A nervy performance from both sides who were obviously desperate not to give anything away. Partick probably had the more possession during this period, and the first goal seemed to me to be against the run of play. Interesting to see a lot of players ran to the team dug out to celeberate when we scored. Great header by Draper for the second. Two up at half time was fantastic, but after the Motherwell game when we were 3-0 up and Kilmarnock when we were 2-0 up I was dreading a second half performance like we put in during those games.
Thankfully it wasnt to be and Schalk did brilliantly to a get hat trick and secure a vital 3 points.
A plus was keeping a clean sheet, have we managed that this season?
Tough game awaits on saturday, but whatever the result is then the key was to win last night. Well done to everyone.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(04-04-2018, 10:13 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: What a night.
First goal was crucial, I thought Partick were getting on top and we were struggling to get possession, we have to thank their keeper for his contribution to our first two goals though, wouldn't be impressed if that was Fox/McCarey.

Draper was effective, Melbourne stuck to his task, Fraser was very good on the right again. Schalk was on fire and is forming an excellent partnership with McKay.

Naismith should be back for Saturday, was chatting to his old man. Knee knock he got in the Accies game, we could all see in that 2nd half he was struggling.

Roy must be thinking how on earth he was conned by Coyle, who kept leaving Schalk on bench, played Curran up front on his own, and even started Effiong ahead of Schalk on a few occasions, WTAF??

Spot on!