Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have we a game against Celtic this Saturday!
All very quiet on here. Would love to see us grind out a point from this game. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Maybe too frightened to discuss???

It's hard to get excited by Celtic away. A near inevitable defeat, £27 a ticket, no cash gate, terrible view in the corner of the ground... an increasing number of folk don't bother with it. I'll certainly be finding cheaper, more worthwhile activities this weekend.

It’s simple we have to keep our GD down if we can get a point it’s a bonus the only reason I am going is because it’s the only Away end that I haven’t been in yet and there’s a slim chance we might not be going there next season

This could genuinely be double figures for Celtic. Hats off to anyone who goes.

(03-30-2018, 11:56 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: This could genuinely be double figures for Celtic. Hats off to anyone who goes.

Or maybe County could get a result. As a supporter, I will support the team and be positive. Yes, chances are Celtic will win, their at home, better players, more money etc. But if the best teams always won, nobody would watch football. We have a chance, yes a small chance, but until the game is over I will always think we have a chance.

(03-30-2018, 12:32 PM)RSCStaggie Wrote: Or maybe County could get a result. As a supporter, I will support the team and be positive. Yes, chances are Celtic will win, their at home, better players, more money etc. But if the best teams always won, nobody would watch football. We have a chance, yes a small chance, but until the game is over I will always think we have a chance.

I'm a supporter, but I'm also realistic, and there's not a chance we're getting anything short of a thumping tomorrow.

(03-30-2018, 01:40 PM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: I'm a supporter, but I'm also realistic, and there's not a chance we're getting anything short of a thumping tomorrow.

Are you a supporter? Not doing much supporting if you are completely writing off any chance we might have of even getting a point. I don't think it is realistic to think Celtic will get double digits. If the players went in to each game with the same attitude as a supporter like you, they would be getting ripped to shreds on here.

Why cant we get something tomorrow. There have been improvements since Coyle left, most of the Celtic team have been away on international duty so hopefully may not be as well rested as our players. and it s a game of football, anything can happen.

Nobody expected us to beat Celtic in either of the semi finals but we did that. Nobody expected us to come back from 2-0 down at home to celtic and beat them 3-2.

Yes, most likely we will get beat tomorrow but what is realistic is we have a chance tomorrow, a slim chance but a chance. We'll need to be organised and work hard and play to our best and probably need a fair bit of luck but unless Celtic are running away with it, I will still think we are in with a chance. Writing off the team before we have even kicked a ball is not what I would call supportive.

Celtic won’t hit double figures ... and we’re unlikely to trouble them!! As previously stated by Strathpefferstaggie, let’s keep the score line reasonable for the sake of the GD, no injuries and keep bookings to a minimum. Hopefully Hibs do the business against Thistle. Not that sure that we’ve improved under Ketts but ever hopeful. COYS

score draw

Have a feeling we can get a draw. Best of luck to all going and safe travels.

4-4 thrilling encounter and we're narrowly held by a dodgy penalty. Money on it now lads!

There's more chance of the hole in my backside healing than there there is of us getting anything from this game.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

(03-30-2018, 11:56 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: This could genuinely be double figures for Celtic. Hats off to anyone who goes.

It's almost as if you want them to get 10 goals. Or , of course, you could be winding us up as usual. Whichever, you're a strange kind of supporter.

Looking at the game from a positive angle. If we do manage to scrape a draw, or even lose by the odd goal, that'll give us confidence going into the game against Partick Thistle which is, as we all know, pretty crucial to our survival.

It's always a problem for our managers when we play Celtic. You look at the teamsheet before the game and know they've picked a team which they expect to lose, but only by one or two goals. Wouldn't it be great if Ketts and Ferg actually won in Glasgow. It could be the catalyst for a big final run-in. Hope springs eternal.

Will be at there but one eye on the Hibs v Partick score today. We need Hibs to win obviously, we don't want to be going into Tuesday nights game 6 or 4 points behind, the incentive of going level (or maybe above on goal difference) Partick if we beat them would be huge.

Unfortunately Hibs best player McGinn is suspended for today and their match on Tues v Accies,  but will return next Sat v us.

No injuries or red cards today please.

I have decided I will be taking in Hibernian vs Partick Thistle today, since it is a far more crucial game in our fight for survival. Fingers crossed Hibs get the job done.

I see Griffiths is fit again. Can't stand the guy, but he always seems to do well against us.

Ross County: Aaron Mccarey, Harry Souttar, Marcus Fraser, Jason Naismith, Andrew Davies, Liam Fontaine, Jim O’Brien, Craig Curran, Chris Routis, Alex Schalk, Billy Mckay

Subs | Scott Fox, Michael Gardyne, Ryan Dow, David Ngog, Tony Dingwall, Max Melbourne, Mark Gallagher.

5 defenders and 3 strikers? Presumably a back 3 with Fraser and Naismith as wingbacks and one of the forwards sitting deep? Ballsy to start 3 forwards away to Celtic!

Looks like Souttar, O'Brien, and Curran all in.
Lindsey, Draper and Chow all out. Thats our entire centre midfield from the Hamilton game not even in the squad.
Lindsey is unavailable because he is on loan from Celtic, but dont know about the other two?

Reckoning 343 or something similar as well.
Could be genius!
Please, please be genius.

(03-30-2018, 09:32 PM)Drakies Staggie Wrote: There's more chance of the hole in my backside healing than there there is of us getting anything from this game.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Imagine if we got utterly pumped for 90 minutes and your anus completely sealed itself.

Being proved right sounds horrendous; lets all hope you're wrong.