Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON
(03-18-2018, 12:14 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Eagles is injured.

Ah ok thanks then I might have played Midge in central midfield but I can see what they were doing a little more. Still think we need to find the balance with a little mor egging forward. But hey onwards we worked hard today and that’s a good base to move on from.

Hard work and commitment today. We came back from the blow of going behind to two quick goals and earned what might prove to be a valuable point. It's unlikely we would have had the spirit to do that under Coyle.

With Partick getting hammered by Hearts it wasn't a bad day for us in what is probably a straight race to avoid the bottom spot.

Encouraging signs and good to see a group of players showing some fight at last. McKay, Schalke, Lindsey and Chow (1st half) brought great energy to the team and set the tone. Regardless of how well we play though we will continue to not win games due to basic errors in defence and goal. We are making far too many errors and gifting teams goals. That 2nd goal yesterday sums up our season. 2 defenders making a mess of it, getting in each other way and letting the ball bounce and not clearing it, resulting in a shot that goes through our keeper. We have 2 keepers at the moment that can't do their main job of saving shots..........

(03-18-2018, 12:00 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Funny how opinions differ when you sit on the East stand. I'm assuming your opinion is based on what you've seen from the West stand.

Naismith was a passenger for the whole of the 2nd half. Curran was put on to fill the final third of the right side, which normally Naismith would do when fit!
This decision took a player out of the centre of a midfield which was already struggling.

I am 100% behind Ketts and Ferg but they made the wrong tactical decision there. Naismith off, Midge on would have been correct. The option then is to swap Midge and Fraser to whatever wing got results.

We've drawn a game today that was easily winnable, 2 points dropped IMO.

Our players made poor decisions in the final 3rd. We're bottom of the league and the players panicked today!

If Naismith was carrying an injury it would explain why he did not challenge for the ball allowing it to get played in leading to the penalty,my view from the jailend may have played tricks with distance etc.

(03-18-2018, 10:09 AM)nairnboy Wrote:
If Naismith was carrying an injury it would explain why he did not challenge for the ball allowing it to get played in leading to the penalty,my view from the jailend may have played tricks with distance etc.

That's how it looked from the East stand too.
Naismith just wasn't at the races yesterday. I'm hoping he was carrying an injury as the alternative was that he just wasn't interested. I'm pretty sure it was the former though!

Well...first of all, scarf day went about as well as expected. Please can we never suggest this again.

First half, encouraging signs. Some good movement and Ketts had the team playing in a good formation. It might have been Hamilton, but that performance in the first half is reason for encouragement. Then, what on earth did he say at half time that changed it? Going by the substitutions and lack of plan B in the second half, he appeared to be slightly out of his depth.

I read in the build up SF saying that nobody would be risked unless they were 100% fit. Then, why, did Draper and Naismith both complete the 90 minutes when it was clear to everybody they weren't fully fit? Why can't SK and SF see what everyone else is seeing? It may be down to inexperience, but it is worrying that they went back on their words and fielded half fit players.

The goals sum up why we are going down. After bossing the first half, we gift them two goals out of nothing and all of a sudden are chasing the game. Not much SK and SF can do about that - that's purely down to the last managements team inability to sign players who can defend. At the end of the day, SK and SF will do their best but the damage has been done. We have a poor team full of poor players signed by poor managers and that is why we will be going down.

So overall, promising signs if SK is to be manager next season, but the game summed up our season. If we can't show up in a must win home game against Hamilton, then anyone saying we will stay up is kidding themselves on. The sooner we are confirmed as being down and can rebuild for next season the better.

All those desperate for us to go down must be loving this, other teams fans and officials alike just because we're too far away from the central belt.
I'm surprised the spfl haven't changed the rules on relegation yet just to make sure, remember when they changed it mid season from bottom 2 automatically relegated to one down and a play off to save Aberdeen when they finished 2nd bottom.
Hopefully we can cut out the defensive mistakes and stay up and say getitupye to all those desperate to see the back of us.

(03-18-2018, 01:34 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I'm surprised the spfl haven't changed the rules on relegation yet just to make sure, remember when they changed it mid season from bottom 2 automatically relegated to one down and a play off to save Aberdeen when they finished 2nd bottom.

No, because I'm pretty certain the playoff was in place before the season kicked off.
Nobody has done more to keep the top league a closed shop than Aberdeen though. They're not exactly central belt either.

We lost because collectively County lost concentration at the back on two occasions, we didn't deal with the introduction of Imrie at ht, it cost us two goals.

I thought the way we lined up was as good as we've seen all season. 3-1-4-2 is how I saw it. obviously Fraser wide left is an unusual position for him but he didn't do much wrong imo. Draper sitting in front of Routis Davies Fontaine wasn't tested too often but it allowed Lindsey and Chow to break forward without having to worry about defending too much. IMO it worked, in the first half anyway.

Naismith didn't look fit, a few times Draper was shouting at him to go wide and overlap but he just couldn't, all of Naismiths crossing in the last 15 mins was terrible, with us having so many players in the box too.

Best game I've seen McKay play for us, Curran look way off the pace when he came on.

Third management team of the season, doubt whether we’ve started with the same eleven two consecutive games. Think our troubles lie a wee bit closer to home than central belt bias, dodgy referees, SFA, SPFL, winter shutdown, scarf days, etc. Still a chance to secure the play-off spot but have grave concerns about this squad. Yesterday was the ideal game to kick start our survival bid. Yet again they let us down. Unfortunately I can see Thistle heading back down the A9 with a point. It’s the hope that kills you. COYS

Something was definitely amiss with Naismith yesterday, he tired really badly and his crossing was terrible in the latter stages.

I would’ve expected a goalie to save their second, it was hardly a wonder strike. The Partick game is huge. If we can go into the split level on points, then it’s all to play for. Especially if we can get 3 home ties. A point from Celtic or Hibs would be a bargain, albeit unlikely.

Certainly Doom is still hanging very much around but I felt that the gloom is starting to lift. The first half showed great commitment from everyone involved, the team was almost right, perhaps Fraser for Routis in back 3 and Midge at wing back would have given more crossing ability. Wing play really was left to Naismith who normally doesn’t disappoint but was off tune a bit, more so in the second half, for whatever reason.
It’s unbelievable that we switch off so completely at some point every game and inevitably suffer for it, the story of our season. How can this be stopped?
Really impressed by McKay especially and Shalke’s work rate - they deserved more and perhaps had they had more wing service they would have really clicked.
I think we are on the verge of getting it right, it’s so difficult because a settled team is the answer but there hasn’t been one all season and SK & SF have precious little time to settle on one.

I thought the atmosphere, although still fairly low key was as better than its been all season and well done all the guys who dared to stick their necks above the parapet and made some noise.

It’s coming, a few tweaks still required but with effort like Saturday’s , 95 mins concentration, some luck and a lot of encouragement from all associated with the club we can stay in the Premiership.

??

Once again, we should have had a pen,first challenge on Chow was a stonewaller but not given,second one on Chow I've seen given but would have been very soft.
I was gutted at full time,but now,on reflection,we got closer to Partick and Dundee

Watching Sportscene tonight I can see what happened at the start of the second half. With Draper being told to close down Templeton, Imrie had the run of the park until Templeton was substituted. That's when Draper moved to shut down Imrie. Shifting Routis into midfield at the start of the second half to close down Imrie might have been the answer.

(03-18-2018, 11:24 PM)the reaper Wrote: Watching Sportscene tonight I can see what happened at the start of the second half. With Draper being told to close down Templeton, Imrie had the run of the park until Templeton was substituted. That's when Draper moved to shut down Imrie. Shifting Routis into midfield at the start of the second half to close down Imrie might have been the answer.

Yeah that.
And having a keeper capable of saving a powder puff shot straight at him...

Yes Foxy would definitely have saved that one - but would then have probably attempted to go on a mazy dribble around the penalty area :-)

I think if we play like we did for 85 minutes on Saturday for the rest of the season we won’t finish bottom. Need to cut out silly errors ASAP.

(03-18-2018, 11:35 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Yeah that.
And having a keeper capable of saving a powder puff shot straight at him...

Said keeper has since been called up to the full Ireland squad. No, I am not making that up

Was actually quite encouraged by most of what I saw on Saturday
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(03-19-2018, 02:23 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Said keeper has since been called up to the full Ireland squad. No, I am not making that up

Oh my

A surprising call up to say the least.