Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
RCFC SCARF DAY - VS HAMILTON
(03-17-2018, 09:30 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Oh dear. Please close this thread before anybody else sees it. "Scarf Day". Please tell me nobody will be doing this today. What is wrong with cheering and clapping? The sight of about 30 people dotted around the stadium twirling their scarfs around for no apparent reason will be...embarrassing, to put it lightly.

That’s the spirit.

(03-17-2018, 09:30 AM)StaggiesAwayFromHome Wrote: Oh dear. Please close this thread before anybody else sees it. "Scarf Day". Please tell me nobody will be doing this today. What is wrong with cheering and clapping? The sight of about 30 people dotted around the stadium twirling their scarfs around for no apparent reason will be...embarrassing, to put it lightly.

And how, pray tell, would you go about creating an atmosphere in the stadium???

As all you seem to do is be completely negative and I would be pleasantly surprised if you were to offer a positive idea.

Oh well. That is a totally uninspiring line up today. Absolutely no width in the starting line up so guessing we will be sticking with last weeks "winning" formula of hit and hope!!!!

Chow and Draper? Looks like we’re set up not lose.

BBC reported before the game that Souttar has ‘shaken off a virus’ but he’s not even on the bench? Risky starting Davies fresh from a long spell out with no CB on the bench?

Stats wise we look well on top, come on boys score.

MCKAY!!!!!

Sorry Lindsay.

The half time stats look like the reverse of last weekend’s

4 minutes for one side to grab a winner...?

I think we need to change the half time team talk or cuppa!! I have lost count of how many home games we have bossed for the first 45 minutes and then capitulated in the second half - Killie, Motherwell and now Hamilton. 2 points squandered today.

Formation was better today with a back 3 and 2 wingbacks and Schalk and McKay did well. The middle 3 however.....

We're still in it but I have now idea how after such a bad season.

Looking at the table and other results I really don't know if it's possible for us to catch up now, the game against Partick at home is absolutely massive.

I was impressed with first half performance a good team selection that at first I was not sure of
Then two silly mistakes and the the accies bullying the ref to the point that there manager was telling them to pack it in
How did Douglas Ross and the forth official did not see Bingham stick the head Davis
He should have been off but the officials didn't see it dah!!!!!!!!
We are still in with a shout and a great job by the fans for getting behind the team
COM ON THE COUNTY

Incredible. Haven't checked the stats but County bossed the vast majority of that game. Hamilton created practically nothing and seriously needed County to help them out with a couple of gifts in order to get a point.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

63% - 27% possession
21 - 6 shots
8 - 3 on target
7 - 2 corners

Two stupid, easily avoidable goals and we drop 2 points.

Good first half though we should have scored more than one goal.
People were still queuing up for their pies while our defence was busy throwing away the game.
Didn't see what happened for the penalty but none of our players seemed to complain and then a soft goal which Fox would definitely have saved.
We did well to get a goal back but 2 points lost without a doubt.
I like Marcus Fraser a lot, but he's not a left back.
At half time I said to my mate that Naismith was a class act bombing down the right side. Second half he had the ball a lot and messed up just about every cross. Mackay and particularly Schalk looked good but neither managed a goal. Curran was wasteful when he came on.

Couldn't really fault Ketts and Ferg.
We played a back 3 Fontaine Davies Routis, 2 wing backs Fraser and Naismith, 3 midfield Draper Chow Lindsay and 2 up front Schalk and Mackay, which worked well and we completely outplayed Accies in the first half. I thought the substitutions were good and made at the right time.

Good to see and hear the crowd getting behind the team.

It'll be a real pity if we get relegated when it was entirely avoidable. It's all down to the wrong managerial appointment after the sacking of Jim and Bill.

That is us down. Needed to win today and we bottled it.

Less said about "scarf day" the better.

(03-17-2018, 10:01 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: 63% - 27% possession
21 - 6 shots
8 - 3 on target
7 - 2 corners

Two stupid, easily avoidable goals and we drop 2 points.

Where did the other 10% go??????

(03-17-2018, 11:45 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Where did the other 10% go??????

Lol, think it was their players rolling around tbh... ?

(03-17-2018, 11:05 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Good first half though we should have scored more than one goal.
People were still queuing up for their pies while our defence was busy throwing away the game.
Didn't see what happened for the penalty but none of our players seemed to complain and then a soft goal which Fox would definitely have saved.
At half time I said to my mate that Naismith was a class act bombing down the right side. Second half he had the ball a lot and messed up just about every cross. Mackay and particularly Schalk looked good but neither managed a goal. Curran was wasteful when he came on.

We played a back 3 Fontaine Davies Routis, 2 wing backs Fraser and Naismith, 3 midfield Draper Chow Lindsay and 2 up front Schalk and Mackay, which worked well and we completely outplayed Accies in the first half. I thought the substitutions were good and made at the right time.

It'll be a real pity if we get relegated when it was entirely avoidable. It's all down to the wrong managerial appointment after the sacking of Jim and Bill.

Funny how opinions differ when you sit on the East stand. I'm assuming your opinion is based on what you've seen from the West stand.

Naismith was a passenger for the whole of the 2nd half. Curran was put on to fill the final third of the right side, which normally Naismith would do when fit!
This decision took a player out of the centre of a midfield which was already struggling.

I am 100% behind Ketts and Ferg but they made the wrong tactical decision there. Naismith off, Midge on would have been correct. The option then is to swap Midge and Fraser to whatever wing got results.

We've drawn a game today that was easily winnable, 2 points dropped IMO.

Our players made poor decisions in the final 3rd. We're bottom of the league and the players panicked today!

(03-17-2018, 11:05 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Good first half though we should have scored more than one goal.

Really not sure I completely agree - think our midfield was too similar Schalk ended up coming back and trying to link and create but would rather he was further forward. Fraser worked very hard - in fairness everyone was working - but he really isn’t a natural left back or wing back. I actually thought Fontaine looked better on the few occasion so in the second half when he worked outside Fraser and Midge offered more when he came on.

I hate to raise this but where is Eagles he might of course be viewed is OC’s man but when I’ve seen him he had a more attacking threat and if we are going to play 5 in midfield and still lose silly goals maybe we could have someone more able to create which given how hard Schalk and McKay worked am sure they could benefit from.

That said from me I thought 3 points would be vital but was pleased how we came back and pushed towards the end. Would have preferred subs a little earlier - there are times we might need to risk it to get those points but certainly much more collective effort from everyone and have a little hope we might have a chance.

(03-18-2018, 12:12 AM)roth08 Wrote: Really not sure I completely agree - think our midfield was too similar Schalk ended up coming back and trying to link and create but would rather he was further forward. Fraser worked very hard - in fairness everyone was working - but he really isn’t a natural left back or wing back. I actually thought Fontaine looked better on the few occasion so in the second half when he worked outside Fraser and Midge offered more when he came on.

I hate to raise this but where is Eagles he might of course be viewed is OC’s man but when I’ve seen him he had a more attacking threat and if we are going to play 5 in midfield and still lose silly goals maybe we could have someone more able to create which given how hard Schalk and McKay worked am sure they could benefit from.

That said from me I thought 3 points would be vital but was pleased how we came back and pushed towards the end. Would have preferred subs a little earlier - there are times we might need to risk it to get those points but certainly much more collective effort from everyone and have a little hope we might have a chance.

Eagles is injured.